• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

I unlocked Secret Episode without 100%ing anything?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

reimeille

Last night I unlocked the Secret Episode and Blank Points after playing with Aqua for a few hours. I completed all stories in Standard mode, finished the Final Episode, and decided that I wanted to 100% the reports for the PS3 trophies.

Between the point where I last loaded up the game and when I got the ending, all I did was get to lvl 50 (from 48), unlock all finish commands, and use all the D-links to where they have two icon thingies (I had never used them before so decided to do them all). I DID NOT do all mini-games, never beat any of the superbosses (I tried Vanitas Remnant but he whipped mah booty), didn't get all commands, and therefore did not finish the reports for ANYONE.

The closest I am is all the stickers, treasures, unversed missions (not 3-stars, but you only need to attempt them for it to count) and ice cream; but only for Aqua. For Ven and Terra I only have the stickers and treasures, and they were both level 30-something last I touched them.

Everyone is telling me that you have to 100% the reports but I clearly didn't and yet I just unlocked and played through Secret Episode and just watched Blank Points??? Am I just a lucky duck or is everyone just misinformed

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
It seems the requirements for Blank Points and the Secret Episode were drastically lowered in the ReMIX. According to some sources you just need to complete the sticker album and get the Keyslinger trophy for Standard now, it should also be available on Beginner.

Since there is no official guide the details are a bit fuzzy.

reimeille

I think that may be it, because it wasn't until I got the trophy for killing a certain number of unversed (I assume is the "Keyslinger" trophy you're talking about) that I got it. When it told me I got Blank Points and I went to the Trinity Archives to see it was the time I recieved the trophy, so...

But, yeah, I believe you're right! I hope everyone sees this 'cause people are destroying their butts in proud/critical mode trying to get the ending when you can get it fairly simply in Standard, lol. Though 100%ing it still has its rewards...

"The secret ending is difficult to get in this mode", my butt haha once you have Mega Flare getting alot of unversed is no issue pffftt

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
i've beaten all 3 stories in proud with full sticker and no secret anything for me.. :(

Scratch that did finally get, stupid 5th secret report.

Last edited:

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
i've beaten all 3 stories in proud with full sticker and no secret anything for me.. :(

Scratch that did finally get, stupid 5th secret report.

So did you get the Secret Episode without Keyslinger in Proud? For the record and all that.

I'm seeing in at least one place online that it might be possible to get the Secret Episode in Beginner if you do 100% the journals. I don't know if that's true or not, and it sounds like a waste of time to test. But if you happen to be in Beginner and want the Secret Episode, maybe it's possible?

(The rest of the source, Thundaka's Trophy Guide for 2.5 at GameFAQs, says Critical is automatic, Proud is Stickers, Standard adds Keyslinger, and Beginner wants the journals. They don't specify whether you need the journals and Keyslinger, but if this list is correct, presumably you do since that's how Kingdom Hearts does these things).

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
So did you get the Secret Episode without Keyslinger in Proud? For the record and all that.

I'm seeing in at least one place online that it might be possible to get the Secret Episode in Beginner if you do 100% the journals. I don't know if that's true or not, and it sounds like a waste of time to test. But if you happen to be in Beginner and want the Secret Episode, maybe it's possible?

(The rest of the source, Thundaka's Trophy Guide for 2.5 at GameFAQs, says Critical is automatic, Proud is Stickers, Standard adds Keyslinger, and Beginner wants the journals. They don't specify whether you need the journals and Keyslinger, but if this list is correct, presumably you do since that's how Kingdom Hearts does these things).

No keyslinger for me. I did get all the treasure chest/stickers/secret reports though and that unlocked it.

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards

I don't know where Thundaka gets his/her information from, but there are already errors in here. For example there is a user on the wiki who claims that he unlock the Secret Episode on Beginner without completing all reports.

I'm currently gathering information from a lot of places and it seems most of the changes were already established by the Final Mix as completing all reports for Standard mode was never required. This was only the case in the original Japanese and International release of BBS.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Hm, if they're exactly the same as the original Final Mix, that would be a lot easier to confirm. Good luck!

Kazr10

Bronze Member
Awards
Back when BBS Final Mix was released (in Japan obviously), there is a statement from Nomura (which I do not know where to find now but many JP wikis mentioned this as well, probably the Ultimania) that stated that he has made the secret movies easier to unlock in the final mix version. And it is also possible to do so in Beginner mode.

And the thing is, it is already so easy to unlock in Standard mode that most Japanese players will not care to experiment for the actual requirements for Beginner mode. Hence the reason why the method for Beginner mode couldn't be found. Many assumed its 100% report completion, but who knows it may not even need 100% to unlock.

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
Kazr10, could you make a quick translation of the unlock conditions here?
I don't exactly get the one for the Standard Mode of the original non-Final Mix Japanese PSP release.

The thing is that the main menu of the original Final Mix says that the secret movie can't be unlocked even though it was obviously the case. So maybe just the wording was fixed in the ReMIX.

Kazr10

Bronze Member
Awards
Yeah this is the most used JP wiki. Anyway:

Original:
Beginner - Impossible
Standard - Complete reports for all 3 characters and clear the story (ascertained by the mickey mark beside each journal segment). Not referring to the Trinity Report. Can be unlocked without defeating the secret bosses.
Proud - Clear the story

Final Mix:
Beginner - Clear the story, complete all sticker albums, obtain the Battle Trophy (Keyslinger) + α (unknown requirement)
Standard - Clear the story, complete all sticker albums, obtain the Battle Trophy (Keyslinger)
Proud - Clear the story, complete the sticker album
Critical - Clear the story

This is what the main menu say for unlocking the secret movie (episode) in Final Mix:
Critical - Easy
Proud - A little difficult
Standard - Difficult
Beginner -Extremely difficult

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
Thank you Kazr10, I have still some questions.

Standard - Complete reports for all 3 characters and clear the story (ascertained by the mickey mark beside each journal segment). Not referring to the Trinity Report. Can be unlocked without defeating the secret bosses.
How is this working? Doesn't Vanitas's Lingering Spirit (I think that was the only secret boss in the JPN version) have a character entry that is needed to complete this section of the report? I can't really remember, I have to check the game.
[Edit:]I just checked, apparently Vanitas Remnant doesn't have a character entry in the original Japanese release, but he has one in the NA/EU version along with the Unknown. That's kind of unfair if you ask me.

This is what the main menu say for unlocking the secret movie (episode) in Final Mix:
Critical - Easy
Proud - A little difficult
Standard - Difficult
Beginner -Extremely difficult
Is this from the PSP version?

Last edited:

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Total. Defeating 9999 Unversed will unlock the in-game Keyslinger trophy in the Trinity Archives (which you can view after having beaten any character's story). That's all you need.

The Dark Mamba

Awards
Question. I beat the final episode last week but didn't complete the sticker album so I didn't unlock the secret episode. Now that I completed it do I have to finish Aqua's story again then do the final episode again to get the secret episode?

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Question. I beat the final episode last week but didn't complete the sticker album so I didn't unlock the secret episode. Now that I completed it do I have to finish Aqua's story again then do the final episode again to get the secret episode?

You have to re-clear every folder that still needs its completion requirements. This will create a Final Episode that will lead to the Secret Episode.

(I suppose it might be possible to complete Aqua's stickers in the final episode instead, if you weren't missing anything from Radiant Garden, but I can't confirm.)

Last edited:

The Dark Mamba

Awards
You have to re-clear every folder that still needs its completion requirements. This will create a Final Episode that will lead to the Secret Episode.

(I suppose it might be possible to complete Aqua's stickers in the final episode instead, if you weren't missing anything from Radiant Garden, but I can't confirm.)

Well that sucks. Get ready for another whooping Braig and Vanitas. And then I'm coming for you Xehanort and then I'm taking all you yellow-eyed creeps on. It'll be epic.

WhinyAcademic

Awards
Wow, that is relieving to hear that I don't have to get 100% on the reports for Blank Points and Secret Episode. I never thought I'd get to play it on my TV.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
And the moral of the story is: make sure you start a new game in critical mode

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back