• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

I Understand KH3D

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

KHHacker6595

Ok Nomura has confirmed in Interviews that during KH3D you will be playing as Sora and Riku, but throughout the game will switch between them randomly as if theres an invisible countdown. Hes also stated that Sora and Riku will rarely be in the same world, Traverse Town is one of those Rare times. So say your exploring Notre Dome as Sora, after playing through the world for a while suddenly you'll start playing as Riku in The Jungle Book world from where you last left off. This process repeats and this is how you progress through the story. The abilities Sora and Riku use throughout the game, like the stunts and amazing attacks in the trailer are dream abilities, abilities only accessed through your subconscious. Sora and Riku may be in there Dream forms explaining there KH1 attire, but that doesn't mean there in the dream world, there real selves are sleeping, but there dream selves are exploring real and dream worlds. Traverse Town is a dream world since it no longer exists while Notre Dome is a Real World. I Believe this is Yen Sid's form of Master Qualification Test, but Sora and Riku begin encountering things in there Dreams that become of importance things maybe relating to Xehanort, TAV, RAX, and other people connected to them. What are your thoughts on this ?

1Gannon1

I think this is quite a good theory, but one question. Is it really possible for a dream to exist in the real world? Perhaps via very advanced magic, but why wouldn't yen sid just do it in the dream world?

KHHacker6595

I think this is quite a good theory, but one question. Is it really possible for a dream to exist in the real world? Perhaps via very advanced magic, but why wouldn't yen sid just do it in the dream world?
Based on my theory, Yen Sid intended the Mark of Mastery to be only in the Dream World, so that Sora and Riku could unlock there true potential, but after becoming distracted by images, memories and Dream versions of people connected to them possibly Ansem SOD and Xemnas, the Mark of Mastery becomes the least of the issues and Sora and Rikus dream selves blend into the real world in search of answers. I'm still not sure how this is possible, even in the Kingdom Hearts world, but we will soon find out if and how this is when newer information is released.

Zul

Awards
The Mark of Mastery exam was only supposed to be one part of the game, whereas the dream sequence seems to be, well, the entire game.

I don't think the dream is the MoM exam, the exam will likely be one scene at the beginning.

Look how simplistic Terra and Aqua's exams were, I don't see why this massive test is needed when they already defeated the REAL Xemnas and Ansem.

KHHacker6595

The Mark of Mastery exam was only supposed to be one part of the game, whereas the dream sequence seems to be, well, the entire game.

I don't think the dream is the MoM exam, the exam will likely be one scene at the beginning.

Look how simplistic Terra and Aqua's exams were, I don't see why this massive test is needed when they already defeated the REAL Xemnas and Ansem.
Because Yen Sid knows Xehanort is returning and will possibly be with someone else, so hes preparing Sora and Riku, and i said that the Mark of Mastery is only supposed to be unlocking there true potentiol through there dreams, going to all the worlds and stuff and whatever else happens is not apart of the Mark of Mastery Exam, its something that Sora and Riku investigate on there own, or maybe told to investigate by Yen Sid himself.

Zak1403

I like this idea but I don't think it will have anything to do with the "real world". The MoM exam could be in a dream world like you have said but I don't think they'll be able to escape. Maybe once in there they are flooded with hidden memories, memories only unlocked through dreams and are too distracted to return to Yen Sid. I'm thinking this way because of the tagline, "The Distance you fall in your dreams" it could be relates to something hidden deep within Ansems data. But I really have no clue and am just guessing.

KHHacker6595

I like this idea but I don't think it will have anything to do with the "real world". The MoM exam could be in a dream world like you have said but I don't think they'll be able to escape. Maybe once in there they are flooded with hidden memories, memories only unlocked through dreams and are too distracted to return to Yen Sid. I'm thinking this way because of the tagline, "The Distance you fall in your dreams" it could be relates to something hidden deep within Ansems data. But I really have no clue and am just guessing.
why would the Hunchback of Notre Dome be in the Dream world if neither Sora or Riku or anyone connected to them have been there.

Magnum

why would the Hunchback of Notre Dome be in the Dream world if neither Sora or Riku or anyone connected to them have been there.

So it wouldn't be something familiar to Sora and Riku, that's my theory.

Last edited:

Zak1403

I have to ways of explaining this,

First - there could be someone messing with Sora and Riku's dreams, eg. Mysterious Figure, as we have seen Sora fighting the Twilight Thorn (this could have no meaning at all since it was only a demo or it could relate to Roaxs but who knows)

OR

Second - it has something to do with Ansems data which could be the 'key' or 'door', as Ansem calls it, to reconnecting the lost world, stopping the darkness, and curing the hurt. "He could open the right door and save all those people with lives I managed to ruin" - Ansem the Wise to Aqua. The door metaphorically standing for Ansem's data.

keybladelegacy

~*Youll be my Living Legacy~*KBL
Website
www.landofdeparture.webs.com
Based on my theory, Yen Sid intended the Mark of Mastery to be only in the Dream World,
What do you mean Dream World? I've only seen data worlds.

so that Sora and Riku could unlock there true potential, but after becoming distracted by images, memories and Dream versions of people connected to them possibly Ansem SOD and Xemnas,
The Hunchback of Notre Dome's World is not part of Sora's memories or anyone connected to him.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
mabey the fream is to prepare them since they wont have time in the real world to train since the full xehanort is back on the loose
[video=youtube;-0_zS308pTc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0_zS308pTc&feature=feedwll&list=WL[/video]

Relix

A traveler
Awards
Just because its a dream doesn't mean it has to be a world from memory. Someone can dream of something they haven't experienced...

Monoochrom

I'm pretty sure time still goes on, being it a dream or reality.

Dreams don't function by normal Time perception Rules. Even if you've only been sleeping for a few Hours, a Dream can feel like Months.

However, the Dream part of the Title doesn't have to mean it's a actual dream as in they are simply sleeping. It could also mean a Data World, the Dream only meaning that what Happens in the Game isn't really happening.

keybladelegacy

~*Youll be my Living Legacy~*KBL
Website
www.landofdeparture.webs.com
Dreams don't function by normal Time perception Rules. Even if you've only been sleeping for a few Hours, a Dream can feel like Months.
Doesn't matter what it feels like being it an hour, a day or a year. Normal time still applies feelings has nothing to do with it. This week "feels" like it is going slow but in reality its just a normal day.

However, the Dream part of the Title doesn't have to mean it's a actual dream as in they are simply sleeping. It could also mean a Data World,
Overused.
the Dream only meaning that what Happens in the Game isn't really happening.
Then what's the point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back