• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

I translated Sora's notes in the KH2FM photo album...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

AmaryllisMoth

Awards
So this is incredibly outdated, and I'm sure I am not the first person to do this but for anyone who is interested, in the Japanese photo album in KH2FM, there are some handwritten notes (and some doodles) that Sora made over all the photos. He shares his thoughts on things that happened during the worlds at the time of the picture and in general I think it characterizes him quite a lot.

I was doing a recent play through and talked to my friend about the album, and he informed me that they didn't actually port these notes over into the English versions of FM (while I've played the games in English before, I only ever played FM in Japanese so if this is actually incorrect I'm sorry).

While I'm sure I'm not the first to translate it, I thought I would give it a try for anyone out there who wanted to know what Sora scribbled on the pictures. It's my own personal take, and I tried to capture Sora's personality as best I could.

Also, full disclosure, I am not a video editor AT ALL and so I downloaded some trial version and after spending hours editing the subs on, came to find out it was slapping some stupid watermark all over when it exported it. Thankfully it doesn't really get in the way too much but yeah...sorry about that.

Anyway, let's all enjoy the last few months until KH3 together! (^^)v

(Hopefully I don't screw up posting the link here...)

[video]https://youtu.be/J6yQ4TV37Ug[/video]

Veevee

Awards
It was interested to know this existed and thanks for you great translation work! I think the video is fine too.
In general, I don't miss this in the english version - actually, I find it kind of jarring to see pictures of Sora where Sora added comments .. it kinda of breaks the immersion for me, especially because he is included in some of these pictures himself, seen from a high angle. I know it's not really important, but who "took" these? It kind of creates an artificial distance if you let your main character comment his own actions and I don't think that fits KH well.

AmaryllisMoth

Awards
I know it's not really important, but who "took" these?

Uhhhhh....Jiminy...? It's a good question...

actually, I find it kind of jarring to see pictures of Sora where Sora added comments .. it kinda of breaks the immersion for me

Ignoring the problematic matter you brought up about how the heck the pictures got taken in the first place, I always just sorta looked at it like it was Sora making his own personal scrap book or something using pictures that Jiminy had lying around. But yeah, it is ever so slightly immersion breaking in its own way but I suppose the whole journal is kinda like that at times. Like, some of the character bios and things like that feel like it would be incredibly awkward things for Jiminy to write himself. I think the fact that they didn't have Sora saying too many things that were out of place helped with keeping it not too strange for me personally. Like, it makes sense that Sora was inwardly gushing about the light cycle, but we never actually got a line about that in the game anywhere else. It would have been super weird if they were comments like "THIS was the hardest boss fight!!". That would have turned it weirdly meta in a non-kh way, I agree.

sephydark

Awards
Really appreciate that you did this! I've been curious about what that writing said ever since I heard about its existence, but I never found translations of more than a few before.

Jochira

Awards
Uhhhhh....Jiminy...? It's a good question...

Ignoring the problematic matter you brought up about how the heck the pictures got taken in the first place, I always just sorta looked at it like it was Sora making his own personal scrap book or something using pictures that Jiminy had lying around. But yeah, it is ever so slightly immersion breaking in its own way but I suppose the whole journal is kinda like that at times. Like, some of the character bios and things like that feel like it would be incredibly awkward things for Jiminy to write himself. I think the fact that they didn't have Sora saying too many things that were out of place helped with keeping it not too strange for me personally. Like, it makes sense that Sora was inwardly gushing about the light cycle, but we never actually got a line about that in the game anywhere else. It would have been super weird if they were comments like "THIS was the hardest boss fight!!". That would have turned it weirdly meta in a non-kh way, I agree.
yeah, it's a bit sad they didn't do like they did with KH1 and 1FM, in which you could clearly tell it was Jiminy that wrote all the entries (at his own bio, he wrote something like "This is me, Jiminy!" and at Pinocchio "I see that he is still lying.")

I actually forgot the exact entries, but he did make his own comments at some of the bios there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back