• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

I think we can change things

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vossler

I'll Be His Successor
Why is this place dying? We have a DM community here, people just aren't putting effort forward, I think. Why? Is it that hard to give CNC to someone when they need it, is it that hard to do a sotw now and then, we have a bunch of great artist here, so why not show off how good we are with a great DM section?

I know things in this section have changed over the years some better or for worse, but we have a great new moderator for this section, who I believe wants nothing but to better this section. I know that they are trying there best to better it; so why don't we try and do our part and help make it better, it isn't going to change with one person. If we all just step forward I really think that we can do it. I am not saying that it will be easy but I really do think that is possible, I love this section I just hate to see it die. I am sure that some of the senior members of the section have the same feelings as well.

We don't neccessarily need something new to get this place back off the ground I think, I just think that it needs more involvement, but it isn't going to pop out of no where. So who is with me? Who wants to start a new begining and turn this place around? I know I do.

Flame me I don't care. Thoughts, opinions, likes, dislikes, all is welcome.

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
O-O

-remembers to get Photoshop on new computer hooray for this nice person-

-attempts to learn-

-fails miserably-

-fails again-

-lets photoshop collect virtual dust-

Zook

you can never leave KHI
Awards
Personally I am not participating all the time because I am not focused exclusively on art, it's just something I like to mess around with in my free time.

CaptainMarvelQ8

Bronze Member
Awards
what i notice here is that mostly old-known members post and they usually get a bunch of criticism-or some asskissing
but when some new user joins and posts people usually don't care,or the sig is too crappy to criticize which results in Zero motivation

Vossler

I'll Be His Successor
THIS.

what we need it a dedicated set of teachers and students
See this was working at a time when Sean started the teaching section. Now I understand life comes first that is understandable, but I still see user just sit there and view someones thread without saying a thing. I learned and found something that I love doing on this site, and I don't want to see it fade. All it takes is a little motivation to help out the new artists and give some new advice to the avid artist. We just need some people to get out there and help.

Cloud

this guy are sick
Awards
honestly, i think most people have given up in saving this place and/or don't tag much anymore.

what we need it a dedicated set of teachers

us older members didn't get teachers, you know. we went out and found tutorials from places, tested them, and adapted their techniques to further our own skills.

that being said, i suppose some of the older members like myself could try to make some beginner tuts to spark some interest for the new comers.

what i notice here is that mostly old-known members post and they usually get a bunch of criticism-or some asskissing
but when some new user joins and posts people usually don't care,or the sig is too crappy to criticize which results in Zero motivation

i don't think that's really the case anymore. yeah, it used to be, but not now. just for example, look at my last tag thread and OXYC▲NTIN's. both only got 2 comments each.
i don't think it's fair to label this as a popularity contest, it's just that people have lost interest.

Eric

Retired.
Awards
Website
discord.gg
Now I understand life comes first that is understandable, but I still see user just sit there and view someones thread without saying a thing.

Like Cloud said, a lot of people have lost interest now. To be honest there isn't anything interesting made in DM anymore (except for the revived SotW). You can't blame people for looking and not commenting, especially if they have nothing to say about it.

Also, this DM section isn't the only art forum on the internet. If you really want some critique then posting on a tag/art forum will get you the comments you want from a variety of artist.

Pablo

rocket sloth
Awards
Website
prodimator.tumblr.com
but we have a great new moderator for this section

Who?

And I'm not sure, I think the problem is that lately, no one has been joining and becoming super active. The past group (my prime time) has sort of moved on, because well..thats what happens. The reason its losing activity is because no one new has come to step in. I'm not saying that there has been a huge amount of new things that have been tried, but there has been some, and no one seems to interested. I mean, I just tried starting sotw again and only 2 people said they'd do it.

I don't really know, thats just my view on it.

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards
If we're going to try get some action happening, let's wait til the Summer when people have more free time. That way it gives more people who have nothing to do a chance to come in and get acquainted with the DM section, and also gives the older members some room and time to take some under their wing (metaphorically, unless you're a freak of nature) and maybe pass on a few tips and tricks that could well lead to the new generation of DM artists.

Vossler

I'll Be His Successor
Who?

And I'm not sure, I think the problem is that lately, no one has been joining and becoming super active. The past group (my prime time) has sort of moved on, because well..thats what happens. The reason its losing activity is because no one new has come to step in. I'm not saying that there has been a huge amount of new things that have been tried, but there has been some, and no one seems to interested. I mean, I just tried starting sotw again and only 2 people said they'd do it.

I don't really know, thats just my view on it.
Well then I want to try and be this person to spark new inrest into this section. I also agree with Callum this is why I am doing this now is because I am on my summer break. I do understand that not everyone is on theres yet but that time will come. I also agree with Cloud on both both parts, no we didn't have teachers we learned on our own, but we do need people to make tuts to help(if there is any, I understand if there isn't) new members who are getting intrested in DM some help. I just think we could all do a little more. As for the moderator I was talking about I was talking about Choclate, I would imagine he would want success out of this place. So why not try and get him involve as well. I just really think that there is still some zest in this section.

Sean

Ehhhhhh
Awards
Taggers are a dying breed. Not just on khi but literally everywhere. And not many purple are picking it up because it's pretty vanilla to be honest. Theres never any new breakthroughs in the field. Breakthroughs in the sense of new projects (i.e. sotw, tagworms, tournaments, etc). And believe me, me with the help of others have tried to spark some life into the place but it takes well over 5 people to take interest and to keep the idea alive. So it's one thing to say you want a reform of the section but it's another to keep it going.

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I feel like only a few individuals are returning competitors in the contests because they hang around this section of the forums due to their personal interest in digital media. And that seems to have died down because, like Pablo said, people move on.

But there are nearly 57,000 members on this site and it will only continue to grow - pretty much every other day we have a new member introduce themselves and we welcome them to the forums, tell them not to break any rules and to read the FAQs but we very rarely actively encourage participation in outer-Kingdom Hearts activities. I can't remember the last time someone asked a new member about their personal interests in their welcome thread or encouraged them to open up a bit more about what their hobbies were. Every kid is interested in art and mucking about with paints and sketchbooks and having a go on Photoshop.

We - everyone - need to advertise the other sections of the forums and draw real attention to them. I know this section has suffered particularly in the past years and we need to sort it out. There's a lot of talent here that's going by unnoticed and unencouraged.

Perhaps this is a problem which I could take to the staff board and propose suggestions to get this place kicking again. Think about what people want to see here. Loads of people admire Krank's and Cloud's work as well as other individuals - why not deliver tutorials on how you made a particular piece? Photoshop advice? Become a representative for this section? Actively give advice? It might be a pain in the arse at first but the general feel here is that not enough people are putting effort in. If I knew a second thing about art and how to do it I'd be more than happy to participate but I'm not the one to do it. I can help, though.

Perhaps an award from the admins for the greatest piece of art or something like that? The member with the most participation? And make it a hard award to achieve so people won't think it's an easy thing to get. Perhaps you guys could organise an annual HotH-like contest, a super-contest? Showing off the winner of SotW on the front page for others to view, and then these theoretical ambassadors encouraging visitors to join up and show off their talent?

We're a community, and an extensive one at that, but we're not really connected. People need to be inspired to make this work. As a global I can help you with that.

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
people stop tagging now because everyone just puts gifs in their sigs idfk

`3`

while kind of out of the way, i'd like to see a complete rework of TM/DM/CM again. we could also start hosting more forum wide contests w/ prizes and shit which might help the section come back again. even TM is dying more so than usual, it's really bad.

Davey

durp.
Personally I get so caught up in my own personal life with school and friends that I just never have time when I feel like sitting down and trying to work on something. And once something good happens then I occasionally will find my way back to it but then fade out again. It's just a cycle people keep going through. I think if we find something to help make it more interesting along the way people might come back.

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
Okay, most of you are saying you want to make it more interesting but this isn't going to work if you don't get together and come up with suggestions. This is your section - you are established here. Like Ken said, there needs to be a rework of the section because obviously it's as dry as a bone yard these days. We have annual/biannual art contests for the Kingdom Hearts games so with this, something which can also have Kingdom Hearts themes every now and again to interest the front page visitors, there's loads of combinations and themes you can explore.

You just need to work out exactly what it is you want to happen.

Cloud

this guy are sick
Awards
Showing off the winner of SotW on the front page for others to view

this, i feel, would help massively. when i was still moderator i asked a few times if it was possible to bring that back after the forum revamp.

but yeah, even if we just did a sotw with kh as the theme, you could advertise it on the main page, which would bring more interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back