• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

I think this could've worked better this way...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rexy

Bronze Member
I don't realy know were to put this so i've puted it here... i found this video of a KHBbS mod with Xion and Xemnas... now this i think would be an Epic boss battle that could've happened on 358/2 days...

it woul be much rather interesting if in 358/2 days we could play with Roxas and Xion, like in BbS, in seperated scenarious...

this battle could've been Xion's last battle, happening when Axel captures her (from the Old Mansion) and takes her back into CTNW, Xion fights back agains't Xemnas because she do not want to fight agains Roxas... In the end she loses and the story continues on... I would really liked more of 358/2 days if he had this ideia, the 2 scenarious of Xion and Roxas...

the gameplay could've been the same, i like the game, i just think it could've been better with the 2 scenarious (i know beeing repetitive :tongue:)

what do you think?

[video=youtube;fIXIuSVd-lw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_profilepage&v=fIXIuSVd-lw[/video]

Radar

Bronze Member
Hahaha, yes I like this. I have never thought this idea. I would have much loved to fight xemnas as xion at the end of Days. It would have fit nicely perhaps.

Goddard

You're not the first one who's thought this and I agree. The game would had been better had we gotten a chance to play as Xion herself in the singeplayer, maybe not her own full scenario but having us as the player suddenly shift to Xion in key portions of the game. And the mod looks pretty cool.

Vani

LOVEY DOVEY DOVEY
It would be better, but still not very good. One of the main things people dislike about Days is- aside from Xion- the repetitiveness. We go through the same missions time after time and something cool happens every 50 days or so.
A multiple scenario aspect would have been interesting (maybe we could've had one for Riku :p) but it wouldn't have done much to the overall dislike that has accumulated for the game.

Rexy

Bronze Member
It would be better, but still not very good. One of the main things people dislike about Days is- aside from Xion- the repetitiveness. We go through the same missions time after time and something cool happens every 50 days or so.
A multiple scenario aspect would have been interesting (maybe we could've had one for Riku :p) but it wouldn't have done much to the overall dislike that has accumulated for the game.

If a Kingdom Hearts Re:358/2Days is made then maybe there will be less repetitiveness on the missions and they could make like a BbS game, with 3 scenarious, Roxas, Xion and Riku: On the missions that you play with Roxas and Xion is your friend, in Xion's scenario it would be on the other hand, you are xion and the party member is Roxas... There are parts were Xion could have Riku as a party member and vice-versa...

Now that i think about it i would love to see this happening *.*

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
The video made me lol. Aqua looks good with black hair.

I like the idea that Days should have been multi-scenario. I think the ending should stay the same though, with Xion fighting Roxas. There's a certain tragedy to it that wouldn't have been the same if her last battle was with Xemnas.

-Roxas-XIII-

Days' story is perfect the way it is, the gameplay is the downside. The majority of the missions are rather boring, and in general the game only gets good at around day 290 or so where interesting missions start to pop up.

If they ever made a Re:358 or included the game in some sort of HD collection, they really should consider making a 2 or 3 person perspective story like COM and BBS. This would reduce the amount of repetitive missions as Roxas, and let you play the interesting missions from multiple points of view.

Roxas and Xion would obviously be 2 of the playable stories, and a third could be either Axel or Riku, I'm not sure what one would work better. I for one would love to be able to play as Xion running form Roxas and Axel in Twilight Town, or play as Axel fighting Xion in front of the Old Mansion. So many possibilities......

Gram

Banned
Awards
interesting idea it would have at least made the story more bearable but in the end the gameplay wouldnt be any better so i still think it would've been better if there wasnt a days. (runs off b4 getting killed by the fangirls/boys)

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
The best thing about this? The keyblade isn't a flat piece of cardboard :3 Also Days should have just been handled differently. I liked the idea of playing as different members in mission mode, but the gameplay there was majorly broken. If Days were to be re done, it needs a complete overhaul. Add better story aspects, flesh out the characters more, make me care.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
This would have made 358/2 Days so much better. With two playable characters in Story Mode it would have help cure the repetiveness of the game.

Knehcs

Days' story is perfect the way it is, the gameplay is the downside. The majority of the missions are rather boring, and in general the game only gets good at around day 290 or so where interesting missions start to pop up.

If they ever made a Re:358 or included the game in some sort of HD collection, they really should consider making a 2 or 3 person perspective story like COM and BBS. This would reduce the amount of repetitive missions as Roxas, and let you play the interesting missions from multiple points of view.

Roxas and Xion would obviously be 2 of the playable stories, and a third could be either Axel or Riku, I'm not sure what one would work better. I for one would love to be able to play as Xion running form Roxas and Axel in Twilight Town, or play as Axel fighting Xion in front of the Old Mansion. So many possibilities......

Oh, yes. I like this idea. I like this idea a lot.

A scenario with Axel would mean a trip to Castle Oblivion. Axel could then interact again with all of the Organization members that left after the first twenty minutes of the game. He could search for Ventus, fight Sora, fight Vexen, and tag-team with Riku Replica to fight Zexion. We could learn more about the Replica program, and we could better understand Axel's attachment (and pity) towards Xion through interaction with Riku Replica. (Edit: I also like the initial idea of a Xion scenario. Should have mentioned that.)

So I want...
Kingdom Hearts Final Mix HD
Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix+ HD (includes Re:CoM)
Kingdom Hearts Re:Birth by coded Days HD (includes BbS, coded, and Days)
Kingdom Hearts III Final Mix++ HD (includes DDD and ~Mystery Game)
...all boxed into one glorious set.

Am I asking too much? <.<

Awards
Getting to see some of the things Xion did, like when she was traveling with Riku, would be very interesting, in my opinion, but would they warrant a whole other scenario without being too redundant? I mean, that's a lot of mission to play through, and some of her important thoughts and feelings were revealed in the unlockable secret reports.

Her going back to face Xemnas in a suicide attempt, though, I don't know how I feel about that. If that was the case, he probably would have defeated her and reprogrammed her. Or whatever he did to her when he carried her unconscious body away from Axel. It would've been harder to fade into Sora. And she went to Roxas because she accepted that he would have to defeat her and she would have to go back the Sora. :d I dunno, I'm probably off, but it doesn't seem to fit to me.

Kounelli

Awards
I...couldn't even get myself to finish the game to be honest. Not that I didn't like it, I was just apathetic about it. Was a good way to pass the time though. I really doubt any sort of mod could have made the game better though. As stated before, game play is the major issue, it just felt like it was handled in a lazy manner.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Getting to see some of the things Xion did, like when she was traveling with Riku, would be very interesting, in my opinion, but would they warrant a whole other scenario without being too redundant? I mean, that's a lot of mission to play through, and some of her important thoughts and feelings were revealed in the unlockable secret reports.

Unfortunately, if it's anything like what was included in the novels, she basically moved from angsting on the bed in her room in the Castle that Never Was, to angsting on the bed in Riku's former room in Hollow Bastion while he went off and did the interesting stuff.

Awards
Unfortunately, if it's anything like what was included in the novels, she basically moved from angsting on the bed in her room in the Castle that Never Was, to angsting on the bed in Riku's former room in Hollow Bastion while he went off and did the interesting stuff.
Wow, I hope that's not how it went in the game canon, because that sounds like a huge waste of opportunity, and, in a way, a waste of time if she was doing anything at all out there for all that time. I don't think the manga is strictly canon, so I just hope it was different in the game.

But, if that is how it went, then a whole other scenario for Xion would have been either somewhat pointless or kind of boring? I think?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
There are a lot of things that would have been better to have in Days. Preferably new worlds, better graphics, more varied missions, more voiced cutscenes etc. but we have to live with what we have got.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Graphics were fine enough & very far from being 1 of the game's many problems.

The very structure of the game is the biggest fault. The whole day by day mission design had 3 very significant flaws to it:
1. The slow pace of the story due to it being stretched over an entire year
2. Repetition of going to the same worlds repeatedly
3. No exclusive missions/worlds in multiplayer

I bolded the last 1 because it's not commonly thought of yet is really the biggest offense. We still see cutscenes in mission mode, why not trim Story Mode & have the cut content be exclusive to Mission Mode? Heck, why not make the Pinocchio world exclusive to the MM if they couldn't fit it in SM? Its such a facepalmingly obvious solution.

BTW, would we be playing as Xenmas? I mean Xion obviously isn't winning that fight.

axel95

Awards
Wow. This would have been epic! I agree with everybody else that a multi-scenario story wouldn't have helped out much, but it would make the story more interesting.
So I want...
Kingdom Hearts Final Mix HD
Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix+ HD (includes Re:CoM)
Kingdom Hearts Re:Birth by coded Days HD (includes BbS, coded, and Days)
Kingdom Hearts III Final Mix++ HD (includes DDD and ~Mystery Game)
...all boxed into one glorious set.

Am I asking too much? <.<
In a word, yes. Even though that sounds really awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back