• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anime/Manga ► I think people comparing the ending of Aot with the ending of GoT are exaggerating too much.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Nukara

Awards
At least the fact that unlike Got, in the Aot finale, many of the characters had their story arcs completed. (The same Levi) Reading the comments on Twitter, I am simply amazed at how toxic the fandom of the Attack of the Titans is. And I can also understand that many people don't want a child to fall into a tree and the power of the Titans to return. But comments calling Jean a cuckold, from people who thought it was Jean, just because he looks like him from the back.Or people accusing Eren of having achieved nothing, since a new war has begun. Although it started 100 years later and his friends lived a long life. The world can't last forever. Or the claim that Paradis is completely destroyed, although only the destroyed city was shown. And judging by the child with the dog, the island's population survived. I would also prefer that Aot ended at the original ending ,but the above-mentioned fan claims are simply absurd. But people with 4chan wishing Isayama terrible things, definitely deserves contempt and a good slap on the head. In general, fans of course often react violently to some things. I remember when Kingdom hearts 3 came out, many people were extremely unhappy and scolded the end very harshly. Well, then many accepted the ending,and those who did not, just left fandom. Maybe Aot fans should be given time to accept or digest all this.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
People just don’t understand that writing an ending is one of the toughest things to do. Writers can do an intro and pump as much story content as possible, but nailing the ending is hard because it has to tie everything together. If you watched the documentary on GoT (after the finale or later) you’ll learn that everybody was exhausted; both writers and actors. Knowing that, you know it was probably rushed and probably not well thought out. This is common for mediums that takes years to develop. And your examples; GoT, AoT, and KH3 all fall into that category. Ultimately, this results in a tarnished image or stain.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Regarding writing endings, I think back to my comp and rhetoric professor's advice. You have to treat the series as if you're driving through mountains. It takes time to drive up and reach the peak/climax but its super easy to spiral down to the ending, so its important to pace yourself. Treat your story as a car with shitty brakes, slow down with the momentum. Don't hit the brakes at the end, its jarring and disorientating for the reader/passenger.

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com
AOT ending wasn't great but I'm not really sure what people wanted from it...

GOT on the other hand flat out dropped the ball due to them rushing through the in final season(s). I wouldn't care it the outcome was the same but it felt completely rushed and the whole resolution to the white walkers was a dud.

Back