• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

I think I understand how Vanitas can return...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingdomSoul333

Bronze Member
The only reason that Ven could survive when his heart was split was because he merged hearts with Sora. ( and Ven's "light side" was larger than his darkness.) So i am thinking that Vanitas must have merged hearts with MX, which could be why he is apparently inside of YMX in KH3D. Idk if this has already been proven or if its completely wrong, but i thought that i would post my theory on this, because i remember a while back when everyone was wondering where Vanitas' heart went when Ven destroyed him.

Rexy

Bronze Member
the only thing that i have to say is that ven's light side was larger because ven did not had darkness in his heart... if you're saying that Ventus whole beeing (Ven + Vanitas) light was larger then you're wrong because the x-blade was formed and they had to me in, let say, simetry the light and darkness...

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
The only reason that Ven could survive when his heart was split was because he merged hearts with Sora. ( and Ven's "light side" was larger than his darkness.) So i am thinking that Vanitas must have merged hearts with MX, which could be why he is apparently inside of YMX in KH3D. Idk if this has already been proven or if its completely wrong, but i thought that i would post my theory on this, because i remember a while back when everyone was wondering where Vanitas' heart went when Ven destroyed him.

That is a pretty reasonable theory which I do think has been brought up before, but that isn't really a bad thing.

What you say is very plausible and also further hinted by the fact that Vanitas has golden Xehanort-eyes, indicating a connection with him.
(We can't see Vanitas's ears so we can't confirm if he also has the pointed ears like Xigbar and Saix).

Still, one minor thing there: When Ven's heart was shattered the first time after MX created Vanitas newborn Sora's heart and Ven's didn't actually merge, they touched and formed a link.
It was after the destruction of the X-blade that Ven's heart was hurt worse and then went into Sora's to rest.

EDIT:

the only thing that i have to say is that ven's light side was larger because ven did not had darkness in his heart... if you're saying that Ventus whole beeing (Ven + Vanitas) light was larger then you're wrong because the x-blade was formed and they had to me in, let say, simetry the light and darkness...

That doesn't make sense. Ven had no "light side" after Vanitas was removed, he was ONLY Light.
The broken awakening platform in the BBS-Prologue shows it. The part broken off was merely a bit more than a quarter, proving Ven's light was always larger than his darkness.

Read the Xehanort Reports again, even MX comments on how full of light Ven was and that he was too kind for his own good.
Ven has as little, if not even less darkness than Sora has.

After he was created Vanitas had his own heart of darkness which could develop and grow, just like Ven's did under Eraqus's care.
Their hearts needed to be at equal power for the X-blade to be forged, but that balance level had to be archieved through training.

KingdomSoul333

Bronze Member
In the opening scenes of BBS when Sora and Ven's hearts touched, it showed what part of Ven's heart was fractured and it was considerably smaller than the part that remained. That is why i assumed that he had more light in his heart than darkness originally.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
In the opening scenes of BBS when Sora and Ven's hearts touched, it showed what part of Ven's heart was fractured and it was considerably smaller than the part that remained. That is why i assumed that he had more light in his heart than darkness originally.

You're right...look at my edited part, lol.

KingdomSoul333

Bronze Member
Maybe it went to Riku's heart instead of MX?

He would have had to have touched with rikus heart to survive in the first place, similar to ven. Although right away vanitas was able to survive so thas why i think he touched hearts with MX, well that and the fact that YMX has vanitas talking through him

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
What if Vanitas survived through Ven merging with Sora (ie he was connected to Ven still), instead of being harbored by (Y)MX? And after Ven fell into his comatose state (or after Ven defeated Vanitas) Vanitas wound up in the Realm of Sleep?

Vanitas had his own Heart, and when people die in KH, they just go to the Realm of Sleep until being born again through Sleep, right? There's no real evidence to prove Vanitas linked Hearts with MX - other than his eyes and possibly ears. Sure, it could have been due to his tutelage under MX, but even then, Vanitas already had a Heart of pure Darkness on his own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back