• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

I think I might be the only one who plays the original kh2 and not the 2.5 remix

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloutie_P_413

Lol it seems like everyone plays 2.5 but I'm too lazy to get it.

What does 2.5 have that the original doesn't that makes everyone play it instead?

Gustavo

Well, a lot of people play the original titles before the remakes so you don't need to feel that special :tongue::tongue:
But the remakes are based on the Final Mix versions so they really have a lot of plus content, specially KH 2. I played both the original and the final mix versions on PlayStation 2 plus the remakes on PS3. If you just played the original version try to play the final mix versions, worth it :biggrin:

Caxinuld

Awards
Why KH2FM is better than the original:

• Critical Mode: Feel like you're not getting enough of a challenge on proud mode? Try critical mode out, it forces you to utilize every part of the command menu, come up with new strategies and it becomes easier to unlock the super secret ending. All you need is a gold crown on Critiical Mode.
    • Enemies deal more damage, making healing, dodging and blocking even more important.
    • You get more abilities during Roxas's prologue to compensate.
    • More AP is gained for more freedom with abilities.
    • While you get less HP bonuses from killing bosses, players have noticed that you deal more damage to make up for this drawback.
    • You get less EXP. You can either spend more time grinding for EXP or you can look for some new strategies and take on that boss who keeps wrecking you.
  • Limit Form: Need emergency healing, but Donald and Goofy got knocked out? Transform, use Sonic Blade/Sonic Rave and you'll last a bit longer. You can also get Dodge Roll for yourself once you level it up twice.
  • Puzzles: Do you miss the collection sidequest from KH1? Now you have more incentive to explore the worlds, get Growth Abilities and even get some cool items for completing them.
  • Exclusive Cutscenes: If you somehow haven't come across them for over a decade, you can either watch them in English or play through the game and see them for yourself.
  • New Battles: Have fun with 14 new Super Bosses. You need to beat all of them to get a crown, which helps with unlocking the super secret ending. Mushroom XIII is also a unique set of challenges designed to utilize Drive Forms and other abilities you may have picked up playing the game.
  • Theatre Mode: Now you can watch all the cutscenes you want at any time without having to look for timestamps for specific scenes in the KH2 cutscene movies on Youtube.
  • New Weapons and Accessories: One exclusive keyblade helps you get Final Form, but you'll have to activate Antiform at least once with it.
  • 60FPS: Gameplay is a lot smoother compared to the original PS2 version.
  • Faster Load Times
  • Trophies: Ran out of things to do in the original? The PS4 version has got you covered.

It's up to you whether or not to get 1.5+2.5 to play KH2FM, but I personally find it more entertaining than the original version of KH2.

Last edited:

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
It's Kingdom Hearts in high definition with a remastered soundtrack. Like honestly, Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 Remix contains two games and you'd rather stick with the outdated variant? I mean, I get nostalgic novelty, but this collection is dirt cheap right now.

kaseykockroach

Awards
Once I first experienced KH2's Final Mix, I've never wanted to return to the PS2 version. Whereas KH1 was a solid experience either way, just with some lovely bonus stuff on the side in Final Mix (though it's a shame you can't fight Xemnas more than once, unlike KH2FM's Enigmatic Soldier).

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Well it depends.
I'd usually pick the PS4 1.5+2.5 over ps2-KH2 (unless I want to enjoy the german dub once in a while), but when it comes to the PS3-version, I would actually prefer the original, simply because of the ridiculous loading times and bugs.

Echoecho6

Awards
Sometimes I prefer the original, because I don't like some of the remixed music. The Encounter, and 13th Dilemma for example make the boss battles much more thrilling than the remix version.

Zul

Awards
The only KH games I have are KH1, KH2, and BBS, nothing else. At this point my interest in the series is limited to watching the KH3 ending on youtube so you're not alone.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I’ll never play the original KH2 again. I can enjoy both the original and FM for KH1, but for KH2 only the FM version is bearable.

MarluxiaNo11

Awards
Up until I bought 1.5/2.5, I would crack out the PS2 on occasion, but see no need now that I have all of them on one disk. Not to mention that the added bonuses that come with Final Mix such as extra difficulty and the Garden of Assemblage being highlights of mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back