• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

I really have no idea what kind of guy is right for me

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

JacquelineDeane

I have been single for many years, but now I am thinking that I want to start looking for that special someone to start dating.

The only problem is, I have never dated before and I don't know what type of man I'm into. I really have no idea how to figure that one out since I've never gone out with anyone before. I've never even been kissed before. You might say I have yet to receive my first kiss. And I'm still a virgin to boot.

Let's see, I am a girl but I am not lesbian, I tend to be attracted more to men than I do to women, so I would classify my sexual orientation as being "straight." You know, girl on boy.

How hard is it to try to find your significant other, guys? Got any dating advice for me? I'm new to all of this...

Last edited:

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
I'd say just get to know people! I know it's possible to find someone on dating sites and whatnot, but if you're a bit more shy or just find them uncomfortable as I know many people do (I sure as hell would) just getting to know each other in a normal setting is usually better. Become friends, and then if something more happens, cool. If not, you have one more friend! I feel that's a good way to find someone you really get along with well. It does come with the risk of losing that friendship if things go wrong which sucks, but there's always risk in everything anyway.

Good luck, don't worry about being "inexperienced" or whatever, it's not a race or a checklist you need to complete. Be with people you want to be with, in the way that you both enjoy, I guess!

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Try using online dating apps and see what's out there. Make sure you like their appearance, like what their bio says, and find out if you're comfortable to date that person. Just talk to them. Find common interests and things you enjoy. Start slow if you're new to this.

Be warned, some people use fake profiles or may try to catfish you. Identify them with other social media platforms or research information about them to make sure it's legit.

Don't bother with people with no bio information.

Soldier

Awards
I have been single for many years, but now I am thinking that I want to start looking for that special someone to start dating.

The only problem is, I have never dated before and I don't know what type of man I'm into. I really have no idea how to figure that one out since I've never gone out with anyone before. I've never even been kissed before. You might say I have yet to receive my first kiss. And I'm still a virgin to boot.

Let's see, I am a girl but I am not lesbian, I tend to be attracted more to men than I do to women, so I would classify my sexual orientation as being "straight." You know, girl on boy.

How hard is it to try to find your significant other, guys? Got any dating advice for me? I'm new to all of this...
I honestly thought i was the only one who went through their whole life without being kissed, good to know i'm not the only one! As for your current predicament, i'm at that same impasse as well, but i'm not necessarily looking hard (if at all) since i'm currently very busy at this point.

ok sunny

Awards
As a very picky person when it comes to most things, I don't often have the easiest time finding someone that's right for me.

Though, I've just passed my first year spent with my girlfriend, I was fortunate enough to find a person that clicks with me. Prior to this, along with my picky personality, I was very quiet as a person. I wasn't shy, but I would tend to think a lot and that would sway my motivation to come out and talk to someone I may have been interested in. And if I were to talk to them, the "relationship" wouldn't last.

So my advice, given out of personal experience, you just have to be confident. Try not to be picky, as you may overthink the situation at hand and lose the perfect person. If you meet someone you think is attractive, whether it be personality and/or looks, just get the courage to talk to them. You really never know until you try, so I say give it your best shot!

(p.s. Don't be afraid of failure. That's the best way to learn when it comes to succeeding. We all fail and we all prevail)

Datomix

Awards
Website
s14.invisionfree.com
In my opinion, i think you not knowing your type or not having one is a huge plus. It really opens up the possibilities! You should never let your "type of guy" massively influence your dating life. My boyfriend is a complete 180 of what I considered my "type", and I haven't been happier!

Also, dating apps and sites in general are ehhh to me. It makes it (at least for me) hard to talk to people because simply, we know why we're all here on this site/app. We're here to find a date or relationship, and it skips over a lot of aspects that creates a solid foundation for a relationship, and goes straight to just judging you based on a online profile. Can you find someone on a dating site? Yes, certainly, but it can be a tedious and often awkward process. I found my boyfriend on a chat app, but it wasn't dating oriented. We just kept finding things in common and things fell into place naturally, without the added pressure of the whole "we're seeing if we're dating compatible" thing.

Basically, I'd just go to places that interest you and online social sites/groups based on YOUR interests. Your only goal should be to make friends, but more likely than not, a friendship with the right person can turn into something more. :)

shady543

Awards
I guess it depends on what you mind and don't mind. First thing first, don't let the fact that you're 'inexperienced' get to you since its honestly a stupid social construct that needs to die. If you're experienced, cool, if you're not, cool. If the person judges you for it, then they're not worth it. Also, are you fine with casual dating and using that to know the person, or do you need to be friends with them first? Do you mind online dating apps or rather meet them in person? Once these are sorted I think that will make things a bit easier. Also, the other comments say very good advice. And good luck! :D

I honestly thought i was the only one who went through their whole life without being kissed, good to know i'm not the only one! As for your current predicament, i'm at that same impasse as well, but i'm not necessarily looking hard (if at all) since i'm currently very busy at this point.

tbh same. Its always nice knowing there are other people with no experience. I used to let it get to me, but after having friends who don't care, I honestly don't really care anymore. I have other things to sort out first. xD

Awards
I mean try using the Apps like Tinder and Happn... They are good and you can meet really good people there, but be warned there's always some creeps here and there but don't let this hold you back... You can meet really nice people there and even if it didn't click you guys might end up being friends which is also ok!

As Recon said be warned about fakes and try to do a little background check before, everyone has a Twitter/Facebook/Instagram page lol

Try to find someone that you feel attracted to but it is also good to know that you might fall in love for the person you never thought you would... Try to find someone that likes some things that you do but is also good to know that EVERYONE is different and when you get into a relationship sometimes you need to adjust some things :)

Awards
I think that it's a blessing that you don't have a "type"! Then you don't have any expectations that can be disappointed.

We were actually talking about this in class the other day, and my teacher is old so he knows a LOT! This is basically what he said: when you meet a guy for the first time, he gonna do his best to impress you. So most likely that the best he's ever going to be. The longer you hang out with him, the more relaxed he's going to get with you. Make sure when your dating, you get a guy that's real, and treats you like gold all the way through.

Also, a telltale sign he gave us was that if the guy starts treating people around him like crap, it's only a matter of time until he treats you like that.

It's not hard, you just need to know what to look out for! Really just get to know people, and don't rush things! Make sure this guy is right for you! I believe that dating is for marriage, so be sure that you find the one you want too spend the rest of you life with. But try not to let love blind you.

One more thing. I do NOT believe in sex before marriage. Here's why: when you get married, by being sexually pure, you are devoting your entire self to this one person for the rest of your life. It's really a beautiful thing when you think about it.

DISCLAIMER: this is all just advice and my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back