• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

i-Pod battery help

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Koji

Still Alive
Awards
A while ago, at a camping trip, my sister dropped her i-Pod 30GB into a bed of water. After 2 hours, we found it and removed it. It didnt boot because of the water inside so we put it infront of an electric heater and left it to dry. When we returned, the buttons had melted. But there is still water inside that we cant get out. Also, the battery life decides for itself when to die.

Is there a way to open it? Where is the battery?

BTW it's got a stainless steel back, and the warranty is void.

Vicodin

relative power
Yeah, it's totally screwed. Best bet is just to send it back and hope they'll give you a new one. 'Cause they do do that.

Milky

Grown Up
Website
www.izuraproductions.com
Yeah, it's totally screwed. Best bet is just to send it back and hope they'll give you a new one. 'Cause they do do that.

if they sent it back without the melted buttons. Yeah they'd replace it.
Since they only dropped it in water at the time. which was accidental

But putting it under the heater was their own fault, and totally goes against the terms of use and the warranty.

They have to get a new one yo.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Get a new one. You should of taken better care of it. You never put electronics in front of a heater.
And when I say a new one, I mean a not-iPod.

Koji

Still Alive
Awards
if they sent it back without the melted buttons. Yeah they'd replace it.
Since they only dropped it in water at the time. which was accidental
See, the buttons are still on there but they're bumpy-ish. They still work. The problem is I think when the water went in, it might have rusted the battery or something, so if we could open it, we'd find out. But there are no screws on it. Where can we open it from?

Get a new one. You should of taken better care of it. You never put electronics in front of a heater.
And when I say a new one, I mean a not-iPod.
Problem is, how long would it have survived if we just left it full of water? What do mean a not-iPod?

Vicodin

relative power
The reason there are no screws is so that when it dies, you have to buy a new one. You can't replace the battery. Apple is sneaky like that.

^^ means don't get another iPod, get another MP3 player from a diff company.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I mean like...not an iPod.

iPods may have a lot of storage but so do other items.
Buy something made by Creative. I have a Zen Nano that my 12 year old brother was using for almost a year and it works fine. I love it. He's dropped it on concrete before and it was still playing. Come on.

Plus I get to mute out my friend whenever she complains about her iPod on the bus. Very useful.

Kingdom2917

Im so cool, I can STILL receive rep
Website
www.myspace.com
Well you have the stainless steel back, so you can take a butter knife right were the silver part ends and slide it around the ipod, it will pop off the back, and it will reveal the battery, doing this should also get out the water that is in your ipod.

Milky

Grown Up
Website
www.izuraproductions.com
I mean like...not an iPod.

iPods may have a lot of storage but so do other items.
Buy something made by Creative. I have a Zen Nano that my 12 year old brother was using for almost a year and it works fine. I love it. He's dropped it on concrete before and it was still playing. Come on.

Plus I get to mute out my friend whenever she complains about her iPod on the bus. Very useful.

I've dropped my Ipod Nano countless times. It's virtually indestructible.

?ŕ??мļēśş

Rusted? Impossible, unless iPods rust in a few hours. Placing it in water for a while? Still workable...
Heating it till it melted...? NO NO NO. Use a knife, and slice between the plastic and the metal. Hang upside down for a day, charge it and then check it. If it fails, then there is NO way to fix it.

Koji

Still Alive
Awards
Thanks guys. I'm gonna try and open it, and see what happens.

Koji

Still Alive
Awards
What other chance do I got? If Apple wont accept it, this is the only hope. Maybe I'll come up with a good story, take it to Apple, if they dont repair it of no charge, I open it. Besides, I always wanted to see what's inside that thing. My sis just refused to let me open it in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back