• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

I played and beat CoM throroughly back when it was out, aside from 3d graphics does RE change much?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tails_Night

Bronze Member
I 'm just wondering if this game is really worth getting, I haven't played COM in a while, but I remember there being cards for each keyblade, spell, and item, sleights, many various room designs, for both the card used and the world, and such, and how could I forget what got me hooked on riku, Revirse/Rebirth mode. This was also my first KH title.

Now I'm wondering if there were any improvements, or if it runs kind of like BBS, where you equip one keyblade and just use verious cards for attacks or whatnot. And if there were no improvements, were there any changes both menial and durastic?

Allister Rose

French Lover
i say there were some pretty good improvements, with voice acting along, you get more drawnin to the story. and special cards....it was really fun IMO.

that and you get to fight zexion

impart

Climb The Sky
its not much different

im like halfway through with it on sora, but I havent even bothered finishing it >_>

Tails_Night

Bronze Member
hmm so do you have a card for each keyblade still? I'm also curious if riku goes dark mode in this game or just his attack style changes?

Gram

Banned
Awards
hmm so do you have a card for each keyblade still? I'm also curious if riku goes dark mode in this game or just his attack style changes
yeah the cards are still the same, theres different map cards tho.
and yeah riku still has a dark mode as well as a new card duel.

Honip Vale

You can now get the Diamond Dust card(a keyblade normally only found in FM versions), and you get to fight Zexion during Reverse/Rebirth. I'm pretty sure there's a few extra cutscenes explaining the plot a mite bit better. So yeah, it's basically just a Final Mix of CoM.

Honip Vale

I say, if you enjoyed CoM, go for it. It's fun. And come on, who doesn't want to hear Axel say this line voiced? It's pretty badass.

"All the actors are in place. Now, Sora! Naminé! Riku! Marluxia! Larxene! It's about time you gave me one hell of a show! "

Norpthalomus

It's better than drinking alone
Awards
Website
ultimumrome.tumblr.com
You can now get the Diamond Dust card(a keyblade normally only found in FM versions)

For the record, you could get that card in the original CoM.

I don't know though, nothing's really different. I never bought it, to tell you the truth. I'd like to have it, but I've kind of put it off (mainly for lack of availability of PS2 games now). Get it if you'll actually play it. If you'll just pick it up a few times and forget about it, don't bother.

Tails_Night

Bronze Member
I've put it off for lack of the proper system XD, But I might be upgrading from modern handheld to previous gen platform. So it's cool it will give me some entertainment until I get sent out... I can't believe I forgot about that stupid application.

Realm Walker

I've never played RE:Chain of Memories, but some of the new sleights look broken (Lethal Flame in particular).

What I do know is that there are a few added cutscenes, voice acting outside of battles (though only in between worlds), and minor changes in the script. There is also no multiplayer, unlike the original game. Re: Chain of Memories also seems to have worse AI (I've seen a couple of videos with people playing Proud Mode, and very rarely does the AI Card Break.)

Last edited:

Tails_Night

Bronze Member
I've never played RE:Chain of Memories, but some of the new sleights look broken (Lethal Flame in particular).

What I do know is that there are a few added cutscenes, voice acting outside of battles (though only in between worlds), and minor changes in the script.

Well I think overall I'm worried abotu a changed leveling system and developement, I can handle a few screwed over sleights.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
I played the original com when it came out. Played COM around Christmas last year maybe. The voice acting and the 3D aspect overall made it much better, and the Zexion boss was pretty sweet. Cutscenes are much cooler to say the least. It's worth it's money.

Narnianqueen

I didn't play the original com game on the gameboy because I didn't find out about it until late 2007 and it was announced not long after that that there was going to be a remake so I didn't bother to play the original. Although I did watch my friend play the original game when I was at her house one time. That said, I think you should get it. Also, some people have said that there are extra stuff. So yeah... get it!

Tails_Night

Bronze Member
actually this hit me as well, I noticed marluxia has a different hair color... have they changed anything else about him? what about his boss fight is it the same just in 3d?

Magnum

I don't think Marluxia has changed in any of the versions that much. I'm not completely sure of this due to the fact that I not up to him yet. Also Re:COM have some minor changes so far, besides 3D of course. It has Reaction Commands incorporated into it, like in the original you had to hit a door in order to bring up the menu where you use your cards. In Re:COM, you use the Triangle Button. Also since the game is in 3D, you get more space during boss fights and enemy fights. Those are the only ones I've noticed so far.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back