• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► I need some advice on tech.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
nicholasdoyle6.wixsite.com
So Christmas is around the corner and my dad is bugging me to tell him what I want. So I told him video editing software for my computer, and I thought he'd leave me alone after that (cause I'm 19 and getting too old for this crap) but then he asked me which one? And that's when I started drawing a blank.
So I was just wondering in your guys' opinion, what is the best video editing software for Windows 8? You know, to make AMVs, pitter around with editing, the usual.

(PS post 777, must be my lucky day)

Noel

Awards
Can't go wrong with either Sony Vegas Pro or Adobe Premiere.

Noel

Awards
Adobe Premiere is essentially the standard most users and some professionals use for movie or video editing. I was able to use it for my TV/Media class last year and had a fun time using it. It's kind uve' complicated but as long as you know what you're doing and knowing the standard terminology for video lingo you should be fine.

It's kind uve' pricey however for the latest CS—at about $360— but if you don't mind getting their previous version it'll be probably be a hundred dollars cheaper.

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
Huh, because you see my main goal is to get a software that'll give me more options in making my videos so they'll come out with better quality. How complicated are we talking here though? I self taught myself Photoshop and Windows Movie Maker 6. How much more complicated is that?

Noel

Awards
If you've used a photoshop before you should feel right at home with premiere. Especially since you have some experience with windows movie maker. Everything is organized and easy to find and there is no problem in making visually stunning videos. Since when you export the movie you have lots uve' options before the rendering. However be aware that the higher quality the rendering is, the more space you need in your hard drive, and as well a pretty decent computer if you plan to do other things as the file renders.

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
Well I have a 1000 GB hard drive on an ASUS. And all I really want to do is just publish half decent videos online and make myself familiar with these systems for maybe a said future in animation.

D

Deleted member 36435

any serious video editing is going to be shit on a laptop
you will run out of storage space stupidly fast and your cpu is going to be shit and take 10.5 years to render anything
i strongly recommend you look into upgrading to a desktop (pref one you've researched and built yourself) and then learn the basics of video editing software (via online guides or lessons) before purchasing several hundred dollars of software

no offense but photoshop and windows movie maker are fairly basic and your skills in those will barely translate to serious software

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
Well then...I guess that's off my list. So then can you suggest any beginner software that will enable me to actually edit something decently? I want to be able to put some images and vids over one another and use a split screen. Also something that will make it easier for me to smooth out cuts between reels of footage and have decent effect options?

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com
Wow sorry im late to the party...

I say go with Adobe Premiere

I have used most up the major editors out there and I like Adobe Premiere the best. A lot of professional use it but it isn't the industry standard (Film). I Believe Avid Still is...

Editors

Sony Vegas - While it may seem overwhelming at first it is a lot easier to learn than Avid & Premier. Sony Vegas runs about $600

CyberLink Power Director - This is a pretty decent package and it novice friendly. a Good Editor to learn on. It will run you about $80.

Avid - This shit is expensive... I don't recommend this for novices due to it being complex and requiring a decent rig to even run properly. It Will run you about $1300 but there is a subscription service for 50 a month.

Adobe Premiere - This is my favorite
iMovie ( If you Have Mac)
Final Cut (if you have a Mac... Avoid X at all costs)

Like Stated earlier doing a lot of heavy editing on a laptop isn't ideal but it doable. I suggest using a external Hard drive with 7200+ RPMs. Also connect you your computer via firewire 800 or usb 3.0. This will increase transfer rates and reduce lag when editing.

I took a few classes in editing and it has really enlighten me on how to use a lot of keyboard shortcuts, proper editing techniques, color correction etc. I highly recommend eventually taking a course if you are serious about learning.

D

Deleted member 36435

Well then...I guess that's off my list. So then can you suggest any beginner software that will enable me to actually edit something decently? I want to be able to put some images and vids over one another and use a split screen. Also something that will make it easier for me to smooth out cuts between reels of footage and have decent effect options?
You can get pretty much any software for free. I simply am suggesting you, uh, try before you buy.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
You can get pretty much any software for free. I simply am suggesting you, uh, try before you buy.
That's a great idea for any purchase, because if you don't try it for free first. You can pretty much say bye-bye to your money, and have the possibility of being stuck with software that is as good as junk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back