• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

I need a hug....

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

SilverKiento

Website
www.xanga.com
So this morning I got up at 8 am. I only got a little over 2 hours of sleep since I couldn't sleep the night before and I'm still pretty tired. At like 11 I got to the mall and FINALLY got my hands on my copy of Kingdom Hearts II and the Limited Edition Strategy Guide. Got home... ran inside... stuck the game in the PS2 and prayed that I wouldn't get a Disc Read Error. I didn't.

I clicked New Game and chose my settings. Everything was going well... then it froze like 10 seconds into the opening FMV. I was mad but I kept calm and took apart my PS2 to adjust the laser angle back to the original setting. That went well, I put everything back together and plugged it back in, praying it would work now. I flicked the power switch...... nothing happened. No lights, no sounds, no nothing. I took it back apart and tried everything to fix it, researched like 5 pages worth of sites on google. I can't fix it myself.

So I've come to the conclusion that I need to get a new PS2...

I'm gonna trade it in and use the store credit to lower the price, I might trade in some games as well.

That's why I need a hug. T-T

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated... but I've kinda given up.

D

Dexter

Woah! Man, now you got me all worried, hmm but I feel srry for you. I could give you my sisters ps2 slim but I'll probaly get grounded and won't be able to get kh2....*sigh*....good luck! ^_^!

E

Eclipse

omfg!!! cm'here....you know you want a big TSK hug...*hugs kiento*..

now now, did that make it better? yeah i know

What are you doing taking apart your ps2 anyway!??!! you realize that if you didn't do that, you could have sent your ps2 to sony, and they would have given you a new one for free. But now that you opened it your warranty is gone!! XD

E

Eclipse

If it froze on the FMV, why don't you just hit the "reset" button...until it works...instead of opening your ps2 and ruining the warranty?

SilverKiento

Website
www.xanga.com
Thanks for the hugs. ^_^

Sony doesn't repair them for free anymore. For my specific PS2 model, there was a lawsuit and I would have been able to get mine repaired for free had I known about it at the time. But now it's expired.

The first time I did open it, it was because a big fat dog hair got stuck to the lens, I had to take it off.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
Great...now I'm gonna think my copy won't work. If mine doesn't work i'll suffer complete paranoia.

E

Eclipse

Oh. well look on the brightside

when the big fat ps2s came out...they were $300
now you get cool lookin skinny ps2s...and they are what....$100-$150

i wish i could get a skinny ps2 ^_^

D

Dexter

People don't worry. His ps2 was just bad. Hopefully your ps2 is good! You see logic!

Website
www.myspace.com
TwilightSoulKey said:
Oh. well look on the brightside

when the big fat ps2s came out...they were $300
now you get cool lookin skinny ps2s...and they are what....$100-$150

i wish i could get a skinny ps2 ^_^

sowwy kiento.

i just got a letter from wal mart saying they're having trouble getting KH2. so that means delay in shipping. gah.

my friend has a slim one. it's mega cool. but it over heats. xD

SilverKiento

Website
www.xanga.com
I'm not sure if the PS2 I'm gonna get is a slim one. I just know it's refurbished and it's $130. They're going to give me $30 store credit for my broken PS2. It would be more but there are repair fees. I asked them if they could just repair PS2s, but they can't.

If I don't get my new PS2 by the weekend, my friend will bring his up for me to play. I hate that I'm holding the game but I can't play it, TOTALLY sucks!

E

Eclipse

^^ take up less space, come network ready (for online play) so you don't have to by a network thing or whatever

dude TR you have a silver one? they don't sell silver ones in the U.S. we just have black...

Same for gamecube, in japan they were selling ORANGE ones...we don't get orange ones....but you can buy an orange controller T_T

oh, if you wanna come up with extra cash, USE EBAY!! :D

i don't like trading in systems and games, cuz they give you like 30 bucks for 10 really good games..it's a rip off

you sell 10 games on ebay, you get like 100 dollars :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back