• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► I Miss Her Severely.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow Key

My girlfriends a year older than me and she's without a doubt a perfect girl/match for me, but the thing is is that she's going to a new school next year and this entire summer she's doing camps and such. It's been a couple weeks since I've last seen her and though we talk on the phone and text each other lots, it just doesn't feel the same.

It doesn't help that 80% of the members in my family disapprove of me having a girlfriend in general, so I can't ever seem to see her because people don't want me to see her.

I've been getting more and more depressed about it. Talking to her about it makes me happier, but it's steadily getting life-consuming. I need help. I see a therapist and have a good support group, but it's not helping enough.

Does anyone have any advice?

TheDood

I agree with above, you just gotta keep on talking to her and try to get past this time. I mean it's not like it'll be this way forever, right?

Shadow Key

Just keep in contact with her and try to see her every once in a while.

I've been trying, but ever since summer started my parental units have not let me hang out with her. Even if I had the chance, for the next three months she's going to camps and stuff. Today, literally, was the last day I could see her and because of the mess that is my family decided to have conflicts I couldn't make it to lunch with her.

And then school is always a joy to try to work around.

I'm keeping in contact and it helps, but it's not the same, y'know?

Black Rose Witch

JRPG Fan
Long distance can work, just call her and make sure to keep contact with her everyday, this is YOUR life not your families. if she makes you happy then you need to stay with her! Especially if she feels the same way about you : -)

Hamster Lord

Atrocity Exhibition
Awards
I've been trying, but ever since summer started my parental units have not let me hang out with her. Even if I had the chance, for the next three months she's going to camps and stuff. Today, literally, was the last day I could see her and because of the mess that is my family decided to have conflicts I couldn't make it to lunch with her.

And then school is always a joy to try to work around.

I'm keeping in contact and it helps, but it's not the same, y'know?

I understand the feeling. My best friend moved away a few months ago. Haven't seem him in a while. And screw your parents, it's you who's in love, not them.

Shadow Key

It'd be funny if it was in forum insanity, guys. In fact, it WAS funny until I got three posts about it.

ever heard of skype?

Ever heard of reading a post?

Black Rose and Hamster Lord, thanks. That actually made me feel better. Especially you Rose, you got what I mean I presume. ;)

Last edited:

Ip Man

IIIIZAAAAAYAAAAA
The best advice I can give anyone regarding an issue like this is: stop centering your life over a fuckin girl. You feel the way you feel because you let it. If you depend on someone else to be happy then you got a lot of learning to do about how to live life.

Shadow Key

The best advice I can give anyone regarding an issue like this is: stop centering your life over a fuckin girl. You feel the way you feel because you let it. If you depend on someone else to be happy then you got a lot of learning to do about how to live life.

I suppose you've got a good point. But she's been my best friend for a long time. Even if she wasn't my girlfriend, missing her simply as if you're missing a friend is a problem. It just adds to it that I happen to love her. That's hard to get, but do you get what I mean?

You never said anything about using skype to communicate...

My bad. I was thinking of it as an instant message service, not a video chat session. Sorry man. I get a little snappy when I'm emotionally unstable. :p and the problem with that is that neither of us have the time or the Internet connection to have video conversations via Skype.

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards
you see a therapist and support group because you can't talk to your girlfriend enough?

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards

this, basically

laydays complement your life bro, not control it

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
i agree and disagree with ip man/wehrmacht on this. it's not healthy to be 'obsessed' with a girl yet i don't think you're obsessed at all. i just think you really like/love her and most people pine for their significant others when they are apart. it is normal. the problem is knowing if you two are really going to sustain a happy, fulfilled relationship once you both take the next step in life. if you know that you are going in different directions and will find it hard to maintain the relationship because of time or distance constraints, you should end the relationship on a good note and keep talking as friends. time heals everything, and soon you will feel better about it as long as you make a promise to yourself that you aren't going to keep on with a relationship you know you or her can't dedicate yourselves to because of things going on in your lives.

conversely, if you know that you have a good chance of sticking together, you need to ask yourself if this is what you want. i don't know how old you are, but it makes me think that you might be young considering your problem with your parents. if you are, then you just need to sit down and tell them that you are serious about this girl and that she makes you happy. if they try to brush you off and tell you that you are young and naive, tell them that their talking down to you about it isn't going to help because it's just going to make you unhappy. you are young and you are experiencing a relationship, much like they did. remind them of this. also remind them that (i assume) the girl isn't getting you into any trouble at all, so you don't see what the problem is as you're both happy together. if they have concerns that you are spending too much time together, dedicate more time with your family, which will help you cope with not spending as much time with her - which is ideally what you need to do. there comes a point, even when two people are infatuated/in love, that you need to cool things down a bit. other wise it gets intense and you start not being able to handle more than a day away from each other. if your family is flat out stopping you from seeing her, providing your relationship is good, then screw them. go and see her and be back in a timely manner or whatever so they can't bitch at you.

it's a fine line to tread, and considering that i don't know all the details of your predicament i can't just give you one solid piece of advice. hope this helps.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane

Agree 100%. The same could be said about girls centering their life over guys too, though.

Shadow Key

you see a therapist and support group because you can't talk to your girlfriend enough?

nooooo...? when did i say that? i have so many more problems than that. but this isn't my blog. this is just a tiny problem i wanted to get help with.

i agree and disagree with ip man/wehrmacht on this. it's not healthy to be 'obsessed' with a girl yet i don't think you're obsessed at all. i just think you really like/love her and most people pine for their significant others when they are apart. it is normal. the problem is knowing if you two are really going to sustain a happy, fulfilled relationship once you both take the next step in life. if you know that you are going in different directions and will find it hard to maintain the relationship because of time or distance constraints, you should end the relationship on a good note and keep talking as friends. time heals everything, and soon you will feel better about it as long as you make a promise to yourself that you aren't going to keep on with a relationship you know you or her can't dedicate yourselves to because of things going on in your lives.

conversely, if you know that you have a good chance of sticking together, you need to ask yourself if this is what you want. i don't know how old you are, but it makes me think that you might be young considering your problem with your parents. if you are, then you just need to sit down and tell them that you are serious about this girl and that she makes you happy. if they try to brush you off and tell you that you are young and naive, tell them that their talking down to you about it isn't going to help because it's just going to make you unhappy. you are young and you are experiencing a relationship, much like they did. remind them of this. also remind them that (i assume) the girl isn't getting you into any trouble at all, so you don't see what the problem is as you're both happy together. if they have concerns that you are spending too much time together, dedicate more time with your family, which will help you cope with not spending as much time with her - which is ideally what you need to do. there comes a point, even when two people are infatuated/in love, that you need to cool things down a bit. other wise it gets intense and you start not being able to handle more than a day away from each other. if your family is flat out stopping you from seeing her, providing your relationship is good, then screw them. go and see her and be back in a timely manner or whatever so they can't bitch at you.

it's a fine line to tread, and considering that i don't know all the details of your predicament i can't just give you one solid piece of advice. hope this helps.

i'm not obsessed, i just want to talk to her and i miss her. i can go on with my life just fine, i just really want to talk to her more. i spend more time with family and friends already, so that's not really a problem. i just want to see her more 'cause i don't see her very much and that's why i miss her. i'm not centering my life on anyone. i've already made that mistake once before. and no, she doesn't get me into trouble, and yes, we're happy together. they're fine with the relationship but they just never want me to hang out with her.

ha. i read over my paragraph and it's a bit choppy. sorry.

KeyofEvil'sBane

Space Duck
Termina, wondering why everyone looks familiiar
Im about to go through the same thing. When we go off to college, my girlfriend will be in a completely different state and timezone. But we have already agreed to try and keep it going. The most important thing is to never let the communication die. Find any way to talk to each other you can. You said that you dont have time for skype, but if you both can manage it, Facetime on iPod touch/iPhone can work wonders. Establish a concrete schedule, and try to call at specific times every day. Also, make a deal a bout sending pictures to each other, as seeing your significant other, even in picture, can really help in those hard times.
And if you really feel that she is the right girl for you, get promise rings. It sounds kinda girly, but when you start to doubt your relationship, looking down at a simple band of metal can remind you of all the good times you have had and all the reasons you hold that make this relationship worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back