• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► I miss 2D animation

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gram

Banned
Awards
They did, and luckily they made it so it didn't end on a major cliffhanger LIKE TRON: UPRISING DID *rage* because they were worried about not being picked up for a second season. They had started planning, and I believe there was even an unreleased episode (unless that was just People of Motorcity joking like he does...then again he totally revealed Mike's sister so...*shrug*)
I wasn't aware they got a full season but that's good. I didn't even get to see Trons cause I could never find what time it was on cause it got moved around. D'x

Same. Gravity Falls is all that remains from 2012, but I think because it was the cheapest to make and popular it ended up being worth the investment (Uprising was mostly CG which was not cheap, and Motorcity used a mix of both mediums with some really expensive and special programs Titmouse made
)
Somehow knowing this makes the fact of them ditching 2D for movie projects more irking.

It's been so chaotic that people find it hard to believe it exists. Garrett Hedlund and Bruce Boxleitner confirmed they would be in it it, though, so I guess it is making progress.
I never knew there was one to be skeptical about. Was getting ready to ask "what about Jeff?" then I remembered he blew up in legacy. xD

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
Compare how much The Princess and the Frog made to Tangled. Heck, compare it to Wreck-It Ralph. People want CGI and Disney will deliver. There is no good business reason to keep money in a studio that isn't selling their movies well in the theater.

Shogo-Kun

Awards
Compare how much The Princess and the Frog made to Tangled. Heck, compare it to Wreck-It Ralph. People want CGI and Disney will deliver. There is no good business reason to keep money in a studio that isn't selling their movies well in the theater.
That's true. While I would love to see more traditional animation, it's just too much of a labor-intensive process to be profitable for mainstream usage. While Disney may be good storytellers, they're also a business. But does that mean that traditional animation is completely dead? No! If you want some great expressional animation without envoking the "Uncanny Valley", then traditional is a great way to go.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
This is not completely set in stone. Everyone I talked to, including non-enthusiasts, still want 2D animation.

I think a multitude of factors will contribute to a film's success

Gram

Banned
Awards
A sad but true fact, though there's more to what made those movies a decent success than the CGI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back