• Effective October 15th, all Youtube content threads that are posted within the creative media section will be subjected to being moderated before being displayed. Over the past year we've noticed lots of new members and a few old members that come here to advertise (obviously here since we're the largest Kingdom Hearts fan base community why wouldn't you) their Channel to promote new subscribers, likes, and displaying their media. However there is a huge difference between creative constructive media criticism, and borderline advertisement. So please, before you post here, understand how the creative media section works, if you have any questions or concerns regarding this change please reach out, we always like to hear ideas. Few might not like this idea, but it does help keep my section stay organized and not crazy looking, I would like to keep the traditional platform of what the section main purpose is for. It's to help build new and old artistry to an entire whole level.

Here's how it will work :

• If you post a thread within the creative media section that is youtube content related to your channel, it will be moved to the "Creative Media Youtube Showing Content thread", a sticky'd thread where members can all over discuss and see everyones content all at once rather than making it self promoting, by making your own thread, if you get my drift. The whole idea behind this is to get members involved in everyones media, and the purpose is to showcase your works, but not self advertisement right? Its all about the constructive criticism and giving everyone the same feedback and layout of how display and showcasing video media should look like.

• If you have already posted a thread regarding your youtube content, you will not be affected by this change and your thread will be untouched and you can continue to post and discuss accordingly with your peers.

Social Media Advertisement Content :​

Now I know lots of new members (out of the blue suddenly became youtube friendly, you're not slick) be-aware that you cannot use the Creative Media section as a gateway to advertise your media without wanting, giving and receiving criticism from your forum family. The idea behind the Creative Media is to help showcase and help improve everyones work or arts, whether it's digital, traditional, etc. Not to promote then leave, it's not fair to the community.

I made something!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Bufferino

super hyped
  • Ever Gentle and Kind
  • Fairest of them All
  • Keyblade Master
  • Life is Strange
  • Final Fantasy VII PC
  • In the Grid
Soooo these images are pretty simple to make, but it took me a while to make them!

The last one is blurry, however, it was the first one I made during a YT tutorial.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Website
gmail.com
  • You've Got A Friend In Me
  • Writer of Writers
I know what you mean, Bufferino. I currently have a picture that I am just getting back to. I've been nervous about coloring it. I have also been trying to figure out how to get the shadows right and depth right. Are mountains lighter or darker in the distance?

Bufferino

super hyped
  • Ever Gentle and Kind
  • Fairest of them All
  • Keyblade Master
  • Life is Strange
  • Final Fantasy VII PC
  • In the Grid

Dari

All's End
Website
www.facebook.com
  • Superior of the In-Between
  • Nothing's Like Before
  • Retired Staff
  • Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX
  • Le Artiste
  • Tomb Raider
+Things I need to know
Digital manips?
What program are you using?

Few tips & Critiques
+If the image is the size of the entire canvas, it would be represented better as an avatar/icon. (100x100, 125x125, 150x150, 175x175 all sizes in pixels length by width)
+For a signature or small showcase, usually a good size is 150x400.
+Depending on the size of the image your using, usually when it's a figure/person, scale it at the minimum between waistline or shoulders (pending on how big the image) If it takes up about 1/3rd of the space overall, your gonna see a big boost in how your pieces look.

Bufferino

super hyped
  • Ever Gentle and Kind
  • Fairest of them All
  • Keyblade Master
  • Life is Strange
  • Final Fantasy VII PC
  • In the Grid
+Things I need to know
Digital manips?
What program are you using?

Few tips & Critiques
+If the image is the size of the entire canvas, it would be represented better as an avatar/icon. (100x100, 125x125, 150x150, 175x175 all sizes in pixels length by width)
+For a signature or small showcase, usually a good size is 150x400.
+Depending on the size of the image your using, usually when it's a figure/person, scale it at the minimum between waistline or shoulders (pending on how big the image) If it takes up about 1/3rd of the space overall, your gonna see a big boost in how your pieces look.
Don't really know. I did this mostly for fun lol. I'm using Pixlr. I was quite curious how people made tumblr icons, so I tried it myself and failed miserably, then I attempted to do something else.

Oh, thanks! This would really help if I'm making a sig or avatar.

Question, are these acceptable as avatars or icons?

(I made these before I read your post.)

Dari

All's End
Website
www.facebook.com
  • Superior of the In-Between
  • Nothing's Like Before
  • Retired Staff
  • Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX
  • Le Artiste
  • Tomb Raider
The scaling for that batch is great, image quality is also maintained nicely!

I've been behind the ball on alternative programs, the last things i've used in the past years were Photoshop CC (and the rest of Creative Suite), Fire Alpaca, GIMP, and AnimationShop 3. This is probably the first time i've heard of Pixlr.

Bufferino

super hyped
  • Ever Gentle and Kind
  • Fairest of them All
  • Keyblade Master
  • Life is Strange
  • Final Fantasy VII PC
  • In the Grid
The scaling for that batch is great, image quality is also maintained nicely!

I've been behind the ball on alternative programs, the last things i've used in the past years were Photoshop CC (and the rest of Creative Suite), Fire Alpaca, GIMP, and AnimationShop 3. This is probably the first time i've heard of Pixlr.
Thanks! And yeah, it's a free program. It's the only editing program I can use.

Howler

"Sexiest Man Alive" since 2002
  • No Name
  • Master Defender
  • The Foreteller
  • Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue
  • Put That Thing Back Where It Came From
  • Savage Nymph
Those look neat Bufferino! I like the colors that go with them. =D

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Website
gmail.com
  • You've Got A Friend In Me
  • Writer of Writers
Don't really know. I did this mostly for fun lol. I'm using Pixlr. I was quite curious how people made tumblr icons, so I tried it myself and failed miserably, then I attempted to do something else.

Oh, thanks! This would really help if I'm making a sig or avatar.

Question, are these acceptable as avatars or icons?

(I made these before I read your post.)
I like this one. Is the girl from RWBY?