• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

(I made a mistake!!) TWEWY roleplay sign ups. An alternate world: anything is possible

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

superbejebusbeam

The people available.. are.. well...Everybody! Including minor and alternate characters. Except Joshua! I. Call him. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

superbejebusbeam

When you pick a character, it is up to you what role that person has! It could be a gender bend, a noise mutant, or even a princess from the friggin' Netherlands. I'M NOT PICKY!

Smoofy

Dogs Eating Dogs
Awards
The Roleplay Section. I seldom venture out.
Yo dude, just a heads up, I'm sure the mods will hop in here and give you a more detailed explanation or help more than I can, but I might as well do what I can to help you now.

You need a premise of the story. (Is it an Alternate Universe or does it begin at the beginning of the game, where instead of following the events of the game the Roleplayers choose their own path, or is it a new story entirely within the universe?) You basically have free reign here. Basically, in your first post you need to establish the story and character templates.

Once the story has been established, you need to do characters. As you said, you can give Roleplayers as much freedom on this as you want, or restrict them as much as you want, such as being limited to canon characters only, or dog form of the characters... whatever. You control every element of this roleplay right up until people start roleplaying. Then it's really a Free-For-All, but you are obviously able to shape the story how you want, as it's your story.

When people sign up, you need to provide them with a template. A template is a list of attributes that you and everyone else needs to know about their character. A basic template usually looks like this:

Name:
Personality:
Appearance:
History/Biography:

You can add anything else to these templates as you see fit, such as if they are a dark warrior or light warrior etc. etc.

You need an established ground for your RP before you can begin the story. To get a better idea of what I mean, I'd suggest scrolling through other sign-up threads and seeing how their threads are laid out.

I'd definitely suggest checking out the rules of the RP section:
http://forums.khinsider.com/roleplaying/163400-roleplaying-rules-guidelines.html

And since you want to make a Canon Roleplay, this will be useful to you too:
http://forums.khinsider.com/canon-signups-discussion/166130-so-you-want-make-canon-roleplay.html

As in your previous thread, mods already gave you assistance, asking you to read the rules and guidelines and various other material so you can Roleplay at your best.

If you have any questions, I'll do my best to answer them, but I'm not staff here, I'm just trying to help you. For help from those more experienced, go to the Roleplaying Tavern.

If I've confused you, definitely go there and fire your questions away!

I hope I helped even just a little bit, have fun Roleplaying:)

Sorry for the long-ish post, I just wanted to streamline some information that would help you Roleplay better, so you can have a simple understanding before reading the more detailed rules and guidelines:) You really should read them, every new Roleplayer should.

Last edited:

superbejebusbeam

Thank you! I read the guidelines and rules already.. but I didn't understand the whole template and canon thing. Thank you so much for clearing that up!! If I make any more mistakes ( hopefully not) I would be more than happy and grateful if someone were to try and explain to me just what I did wrong.

superbejebusbeam

Okay... so I think I need to start with a background first... this takes place after Joshua brings Neku and co. Back to life. He gets bored and decides to have a little Fun. Think back to when he gets " obliterated" by Minamoto's level i flare beam thingy.. He teleported to another universe. The alternate tin pin lovers world. Well, in this story...He decides to teleport Neku and co.'s butts to a universe where ANYTHING is possible! For example... turning Neku into a cat. Possible. Only if you have certain abilities though.. now. I shall describe the "template"
I give you this info to start out with....

Gender(duh):
Appearance:
Inventory:
Race:
Goal:
And finally.. Whether your a human, mage, elf, noise, animal, or a clone of another character.

Well..I really hope I'm doing this right....

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
Hello, superbejebusbeam, I would like to take a moment to say welcome to the forums and welcome to the Roleplaying section.

Now with the pleasantries out of the way, I would like to help you a little. Typically speaking, your roleplay won't garner much attention as is. Most people who join roleplays do so because either the plot or concept pique their interest. If you want to attract more people to your roleplay, then you'll need to find a way to catch their interest. An "alternate universe" is simply unlikely to do so without a sturdy plot to support it.

Most commonly with canon roleplays, the roleplay creator will take the work and add an original element to it that will set it apart from other roleplays on the same subject. This element could be an original plot, an introduction of new enemies, or even a radical overhaul of the original concept, anything that gives the roleplay the person's own, unique spin on the story. That, among other things, makes a roleplay unique and makes it more likely to attract attention and pique interest than, say, a really basic roleplay with little to no original elements added to it.

So anyways, please don't take any of this the wrong way, as I wrote it all with the intention of helping you. Roleplaying is truly a great and unique experience and it is so rewarding to see an idea you thought of be played out and built upon by yourself and other roleplayers. It's an experience that any avid roleplayer would want to share and spread to as many people as they could possibly can. As such, I want to help you (as well as anyone else) to be able to enjoy roleplaying to their absolute fullest as much as I do, and being able to attract attention to your roleplay is one of the steps to doing so (unless you simply prefer joining other people's roleplays). Too many times have I seen someone try to start a roleplay in the roleplaying section and then never return when their roleplay is passed over for being too plain. I would hate to see that happen again.

On another note, concerning a more forum-wide level, you may wish to shorten your signature, as most members find long signatures intrusive and/or an eye sore. Also, multiple posting (2+ posts in a row, in quick succession) is frowned upon. If you need to add some important information in, use the "edit" button at the bottom-right corner of your post.

Anyways, I figure I've rambled on long enough. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask either myself, Orion, Takushi Rena, or any member of the "SMARTYPANTS" (a list of which can be found in the Roleplaying section's Rules and Guidelines thread stickied in this section), as we would be more than happy to help you. So, welcome to the roleplaying community and I hope you are able to enjoy yourself here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back