• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

I know why it took so long.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

skilled keyblada

well i hated com and if that cheap little sprite filled game stopped kh2 THE ONE WE ALL WANT ....4get it im not havin another spaz

onyxrhapsody87

I can't believe you guys believe that! COM was developed by Jupiter... Not SE... SE has been working on KH for a while now... One of the reasons why it seems to have taken so long is, and this was actually stated by TN, KH2 was announced way too early... They were just starting to develop it when they released data about it... And we shouldn't believe that they would have taken one or two years to develop it... It would have been a crappy game if it was released a year or two ago... I'm positive that it's worth the wait and people shouldn't just blame COM for it...

Ant123456

Nomura was also doing other projects like ff7:advent children,ff7:the last order,ff7: DC,ect.

Last edited:

Zedo

Wow...where did the original poster come up with that idea? Here's a refresher for those who forgot(this is purely from memory, if you'd like look this up and correct me): It was something like there were originally no plans for KH: CoM to be made, until Square decided that things in KH2 might be a bit confusing without some extra information and plus they didn't want people to think KH had dropped off the face of the Earth. They worked on BOTH games at once. Again, correct me ig I'm wrong, and YORKEE, where did you supposedly get this info about Com Delaying KH2?

Puck

THE GHOST ELF of LONG BEACH
I'm telling you guys, the main reason KH2 was delayed for so long is because Nomura edited out a few things from the original version and added several new things. For example, in the original version( there's some screen shots of this), the castle in Hollow Bastion was exactly same as it was in KH1 but in the new version the castle is pretty much in ruins and the FF characters are rebuilding the world. Also in this new version, I do believe that the whole scene on Hollow Bastion where Sora pulls out his keyblade and charges the unknown while wacking away the heartless has also been cut out and replaced with a new scene. Plus in the original version, I do believe Sephiroth was not in the storyline. But I think because of popular demand, Sephiroth has been infused into this new version as well as Tifa.
So as you can see, the delay for KH2 is mainly because Nomura kept coming up with new ideas to improve the game. And there are few other edits that I won't describe right now.
However, there is also a possibility that Nomura and Square intended to make two different versions of this game( meaning the Japanese get a version and the U.S. gets a different version). Reason I say this is because I heard that in the Japanese version of KH2, Captain Hook is not in the game. But in an article long time ago about the English version of KH2, it was confirmed that Haley Joel Osmont was going to play Sora, the guy who played Hades will reprise his role, and the guy who played Hook will reprise his role as well. So for some strange reason, there is a chance that Square intended to have two different versions of KH2 and we are the ones who are going to get the original version( meaning that Sephiroth may not be in the game at all but Captain Hook will be).

onyxrhapsody87

^^ You may be right about the different versions thing... but I personally doubt it... As you said before... They had to cut and edit a lot of scenes and I think that's what happened with Captain Hook... I'm not saying your wrong... I just think there's a logic explaination for this...

REala728

Website
www.myspace.com
the most legit reason is to go back on concepts and edit out/in new ideas or go back and use neglected ideas to put the story together in a way to make it better then the 1st which is already quite a task. but it really dosnt matter why they took so long, just as long as its released in a reasonable time presented in a way to please its fans and those new to the series

and those saying without CoM we wouldent understand, thats not exactly true.. without CoM they would edit the story in KH2 in a way where we wouldent need all of that information, final mix didnt reveal all THAT much about the org. now

dejah

:|
i don't see why you guys are complaining lol >.<

i think com is a very important bridge between the two games..

and so what if it's delayed.. just as long as we get it >.<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back