• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

I hope they keep KH2 Sora out of combat stance

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
Always liked how he rested the keyblade on his shoulder out of combat.

I just dislike the way he held it in DDD and Olympus part of the E3 trailer out of combat.

I'm not sure if i'm alone in wanting this.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Last edited:

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
Re: I hope they keep Kh2 Sora out of combat stance

I admit, he looks kinda badass when doing that in KH2. But uh... any other out of combat stance doesn't really matter to me.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Re: I hope they keep Kh2 Sora out of combat stance

Out of combat stances are so important to me. They really make or break the believability of a character as a person and not just a lifeless tank to me. *u*

I'd love for the KH2 stance, but I'd also like to see more. Stuff like tapping his toes, or knocking his keyblade on his heel like a baseball bat.

Maybe some yawning and stretching.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
It's a little thing, but I have to agree. Swinging a stick of metal that wildly while running looks kinda unnatural and honestly looks like it would hurt. I've had to sprint around while holding a field hockey stick, which is about as long as a Keyblade but made of fairly light carbon-fiber... Swinging it around like that while running was a great way to waste a ton of energy.

But yeah, idle animations would be nice too, like Spockanort said. Heck, even the PC's from the Pokémon games have idle animations these days.

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
Though some minor things I don't like about KH2, I do like Sora's combat stance in the game. Also agreeing with how weird he looks in the E3 trailer.

MrFranklin95

Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
So far, the KH3 animation look way more fluid and streamlined. I like the way Sora moves and it'll most likely improve when we see the next gameplay video.

But yeah, as far as combat stance, it's not as important unless the character is so out of character in his stance that it's distracting but I doubt that'll happen

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Who would think finding gifs for this would be so annoying.

When it comes to idle animations i always envisioned Sora doing the whole arms over the head thing he does sometimes.It seems pretty fitting.

Popsydoodles

You should add those to the main post probably. Maybe also add the KH2 stance? That is the main title right? ;]

I can dig his running with the keyblade stance for KH3. I think I like his KH version the most though. It's so relaxed.

Popsydoodles

Oh. Its been a long time since I've played KH2. I didn't remember they shared animations. Alright then. I like KH2 stance as well.

Edit: OMG I'm dumb. Please tell me I didn't just mistake KH2 for KH1 because of Sora's outfit. I DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID!!!!

Last edited:

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
While I do like the pose in KH2, if we're going for "what looks realistic," it really doesn't. Holding up your arm like that just to rest the keyblade on your shoulder would wear on you... a lot.

I think the one in KH3 actually looks the most believable. He's just holding it out lazily letting it flow around instead of having to work at swinging it extra hard in KH3D or holding up his arm constantly in KH2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back