• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

I hope, Kazushige Nojima or Daisuke Watanabe is a writer in Phase 2

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
If you guys think "may your heart be your guiding key" wasn't created from an edict issued by Nomura's Star Wars-loving ass, I dunno what to say to you.
Pretty sure Nomura specifically said that Oka is the one who suggested the phrase.

Also I think the similarity to "may the Force by with you" is an invention of the localization team (on purpose, for sure).
The Japanese versions of these phrases are completely different (鍵が導く心のままに vs フォースと共にあれ) and "may your heart be your guiding key" is a pretty loose translation at any rate.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
I'm aware of who wrote the actual phrase, but Nomura himself is way more involved with the dialogue than people seem to think and that's been something he himself has obscured until relatively recently.

Awards
I genuinely cannot believe people are still hung up over Sora not being named a Master.
Spoiler: It's never going to happen. Sora as a character is specifically designed to not be the master. He will always be that way.
He will always be a naïve, impulsive, rough-and-tumble amateur because he's supposed to be a normal kid. No destiny for greatness, no exceptional skill, no noble lineage, nothing but the will to do right and to protect his friends and it's that quality alone which takes him as far as he goes. He's an analog for and a message to all the completely average people playing Kingdom Hearts.

Failing his Mark of Mastery did not negatively impact him in any way. Yen Sid could have named him Master because he fulfilled the task laid out for him (seal the Sleeping Keyholes and acquire the power of waking). He did complete the designated task. But he's not a Master. He never will be.
You'd think people would get over it as quickly as Sora did, because of how little it actually matters to anyone, especially him. But I guess not.

I never once got that impression from the story of KHIII. Yes, Maleficent and Pete pick on him and we're meant to believe Sora is weaker as a result of getting got by the old man. But that's not the game trying to tell us Sora's a useless piece of shit.
It was well established in DDD that Sora would be the one who could bring back the lost Keyblade wielders. That's why Yen Sid sends him out to find the power of waking again even though Riku already has it. Because he's not a useless piece of shit. He's their ace-in-the-hole.
I mean, a lotta people only want him to be a Master cuz he's the main character who beat up the big bad guy and saved the world and thus is entitled to the Master title because they want him to be legit "special" again like in KH1 where he was the "Keyblade Master/Chosen One" because Leon said so.

And as for the "Sora is incompetent" deal, the only issue I have with it is that people overexaggerate it to where you think every single character dunks on him when in actuality its mostly just the non-movie affiliated Disney characters and even then it's mostly just Donald being an asshole for no real reason other than "laughs".

2 quid is good

Awards
Apologies, I posted in the wrong thread but I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not!
I wasn't poking fun at you haha, I was just riffing off that Simpsons meme

But on topic, personally I'm not sure how much I can say I like Oka and Nomura's writing when I really dislike the character writing of KH3 and DDD, and to me that's one of the things I value more highly in a KH game. He's definitely the writer on whose KH work I have the most negative view of (Nojima and bombs.... What more can be said)

Also my view on their partnership has been coloured even more since I learned that what I thought was Nomura's dialogue writing in Days can be attributed more correctly to the translation staff rather than the man himself.

I can't personally think of any redeeming factors for me, except SDGs interactions in KH3. Even then, that's one (admittedly great) bright spot in a world of hurt

Back