• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

I have a question about final mix+

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riku and Mickey

Sorry if its been discussed before, but why didn't square-enix just release this instead of just re:CoM? I mean, they could've probably made more money out of it.

WilliamTheWise

Oh right, I can change this....
Website
earltheandroid.tumblr.com
They are taking a risk by releasing the same game with a few more additions in a U.S market. In Japan there is less of a risk. Because if the game fails then they have wasted quite a bit of money. Also Square would have to translate the game, market it and many other things (Vocie actors, production costs, transportant etc)which all cost millions of dollars and in this economy why risk it. In the future if Square feels they'll make a profit they'll send the games overseas. But right now they seem not interested due to the reasons above.

Sapphire Skies

Sucked Back In
Also, on top of what WTW said, Final Mixes are Japan Exclusives. They always have, always will be.

_EX

ShadowSoldier V2.0
Also, on top of what WTW said, Final Mixes are Japan Exclusives. They always have, always will be.

Yeah but that was only one game before kh2 fm+ that was only releasesd in japan. Its not like some huge tradition to not let anyone else have FMs its only been one game before this one.

Sapphire Skies

Sucked Back In
The voice actors are in English, with Japanese subtitles, but when it comes to all of the added scenes, they're all in Japanese.

Zeagal

Lick It Good
They use both, that's just wierd. I know though that if they released a Final Mix in the U.S I wouldn't buy it simply because I would already have the NA version of the original. If they just released a FM in full english and everything I would love it and buy it. Wonder why they just don't do that.

_EX

ShadowSoldier V2.0
Maybe they encourage piracy because people will be happy to buy it because it has english parts but need swap magic or to buy a jap ps2 for just one game. They choose the swap magic disk and piracy succeeds and everybody wins, except game makers and things.

Sapphire Skies

Sucked Back In
Well I agree with what WilliamTheWise said earlier up in the posts. It seems like the most logical reason to me.

_EX

ShadowSoldier V2.0
But was the economy so bad when the first final mix came out?

_EX

ShadowSoldier V2.0
yeah i guess but they would ave made a huge profit from kh2 final mix+. Places are still out of stock from importing to other countries and even more would have payed for it at their local gaming shop.

Sapphire Skies

Sucked Back In
Well they might have if they released it when KH2FM when the game was still new. But people still seem to be wanting KH2FM, so it could very well pay off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back