• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

I have a few questions about Kingdom Hearts III.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

legacier

Awards
There were a few things in KH3 that confused me:

1. At one point Mickey remarks that Aqua is like Sora, and Riku reacts with an over-the-top shocked and disturbed "WHAT?!?!!!" Why would he react like that to such a simple statement?

2. The organization members' eyes turned yellow when they became vessels for Xehanort, but they revert to their original colors after being recompleted (e.g., Isa and Even). Xigbar was never defeated, and his eyes remained yellow even after Xehanort's death. The same is true of Demyx. Does this mean they're still under Xehanort's influence?

3. When Young Xehanort was about to disappear in KH3D he said that he would lose his memories and return to his own time. But he was back in KH3 and still remembered the events of 3D. And his reports explicitly say that he left the islands because of "guidance from the future," which he should not have remembered. So what happened?

4. Near the end of KH3, Riku says that Xehanort has become a portal that exists outside of space and time, and that they can use that to trap him. How could he have possibly known that?

Wallflower3582

1) This is due to poor translation. In the original Japanese, the word Mickey used to say that Sora is "like" Aqua can also be interpreted as "looks like". Riku thought that Mickey was saying that Sora and Aqua look the same. And yeah, unless you know that, it's really confusing. A lot of little things got lost in translation.

2) Aqua also got yellow eyes when she fell to darkness, despite not being "norted," which seems to imply that yellow eyes are connected to the Darkness instead of Xehanort himself. This is further backed up by the fact that Xehanort's eyes were silver in the flashbacks of him playing chess with Eraqus, as he must have gained the yellow eyes later due to his involvement with the darkness.

3) Not totally sure on this one but I would assume that it's because he was still galavanting through time in 3, just as a continuation of his travels in DDD. It's not until he completely returns to his time to live out his life that the memories are lost…? It's also possible that somebody just filled him in on what happened I suppose. (if someone else knows more feel free to add, I'm mostly guessing here) As for getting guidance from the future, I don't think that would be something he'd lose his memory of. His heart traveled back in time from the future and appeared as the sack-looking thing from KH1 and gave him instructions and the ability to travel forward. Those instructions came to him in his own time, so I don't see why he would forget them.

4) Well, everything Riku saw and heard in the end of Dream Drop Distance about Xehanort pulling versions of himself from across time and space to the final confrontation would give him this notion, I'd think.

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
4. Near the end of KH3, Riku says that Xehanort has become a portal that exists outside of space and time, and that they can use that to trap him. How could he have possibly known that?
I actually found that whole concept a bit strange, since it was stated multiple times to be Young Xehanort that acted as the portal for people like Xemnas and Ansem SoD to come to the future. And he only had that power because SoD (as a heart, not even a heartless) transferred it to him, causing the teen to have a unique disposition in time. After the time travel shenanigans were over, however, YX should've given those powers back to SoD so he could move to a different point in time, right?

So why would Master Xehanort, who was said by Nomura to be at least in his 80's during BBS, still be acting as a portal? He's not the one who had to bring the Org members from the past. Well... Not that version of him, at least. If he had that power, he would've just done himself once he reformed, rather than having YX do it (and in such a convoluted manner).

Last edited:

legacier

Awards
2) Aqua also got yellow eyes when she fell to darkness, despite not being "norted," which seems to imply that yellow eyes are connected to the Darkness instead of Xehanort himself. This is further backed up by the fact that Xehanort's eyes were silver in the flashbacks of him playing chess with Eraqus, as he must have gained the yellow eyes later due to his involvement with the darkness

This reminded me of something else: a flashback in Dream Drop Distance showed a Xehanort with yellow eyes before he even met Ansem/the robed figure. At that point he had never left even Destiny Islands, so it's not likely he could have been corrupted by darkness already. Regardless, his eyes were gray in the Scala ad Caelum flashbacks, which are supposed to have happened later, so it doesn't really add up.

Last edited:
Awards
1) This is due to poor translation. In the original Japanese, the word Mickey used to say that Sora is "like" Aqua can also be interpreted as "looks like". Riku thought that Mickey was saying that Sora and Aqua look the same. And yeah, unless you know that, it's really confusing. A lot of little things got lost in translation.

I'm surprised there are people who can't find any joke even on its own. Like Riku momentarily pictured Aqua as the kind of happy-go-lucky idiot goofball who'd have a tea party with Groucho glasses in the immediate aftermath of heart-threatening danger.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
This reminded me of something else: a flashback in Dream Drop Distance showed a Xehanort with yellow eyes before he even met Ansem/the robed figure. At that point he had never left even Destiny Islands, so it's not likely he could have been corrupted by darkness already. Regardless, his eyes were gray in the Scala ad Caelum flashbacks, which are supposed to have happened later, so it doesn't really add up.
Well i think we are now supposed to believe that that scene happened on his world tour or something. The scala model does look a bit younger.

Still seeing yellow eye = Darkness, why did Eraqus not question his friends eye color change?

D

Deleted member 252753

I actually found that whole concept a bit strange, since it was stated multiple times to be Young Xehanort that acted as the portal for people like Xemnas and Ansem SoD to come to the future. And he only had that power because SoD (as a heart, not even a heartless) transferred it to him, causing the teen to have a unique disposition in time. After the time travel shenanigans were over, however, YX should've given those powers back to SoD so he could move to a different point in time, right?

So why would Master Xehanort, who was said by Nomura to be at least in his 80's during BBS, still be acting as a portal? He's not the one who had to bring the Org members from the past. Well... Not that version of him, at least. If he had that power, he would've just done himself once he reformed, rather than having YX do it (and in such a convoluted manner).
Well, from what I understand the older Xehanort sort of has to still be a 'portal' in a sense because Young Xehanort and co. can only travel to the future because Master Xehanort exists there so his heart could be a portal in time and space, but one which his old self cannot traverse, and Young Xehanort can.

Though why it ever had to be Young Xehanort who searched for the other vessels through time rather than the future one doesn't really make sense to me.

Noivern

Awards
Well i think we are now supposed to believe that that scene happened on his world tour or something. The scala model does look a bit younger.

Still seeing yellow eye = Darkness, why did Eraqus not question his friends eye color change?

To be fair, Darkness as an element is incredibly misinterpreted in-universe and I would assume Scala banned all sorts of studies on it, so getting deep enough into it to get the yellow eyes without loosing your heart and becoming a Heartless is certainly not easy as it was post-KH because Xehanort made all of that a lot easier (as he already had the Knowledge).

Xehanort went on a journey of his own and didn't seem to have contact with Eraqus in a long time, so I think it mostly has to do with Eraqus respecting him as an equal and not questioning his decisions rather than not noticing the eyes.

We don't really know when was the first time they met again after Xehanort changed, but considering Eraqus scars, maybe they went over this a long time ago.

Wallflower3582

Honestly, we're still a little fuzzy on some of the chronology of Xehanort's younger years, but I think ReMind will help when it drops, based on the scene we saw back in the first trailer with YX speaking with the hooded figure (who we're assuming is either the MoM or Luxu). He still had silver eyes at that point. Also based on the KHUX tease Nomura just gave us with the artwork of YX and Eraqus and the other blurred figures, we'll be learning more about the details of his past soon enough.

Back