• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

I hate to say it but this series needs a reboot

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Puck

THE GHOST ELF of LONG BEACH
The same way Prince of Persia is getting a reboot, I think KH needs a reboot. CoM and KH2 pretty much destroyed this series. My proposal in a reboot is make Sora completely different and more human like Zack. Different hair, clothes, and keyblade design. Less yaoi, better dialogue, more mature storyline( Disney proved they can be mature), no Namine, the Heartless scarier, Xehanort more evil, and no nobodies. Just start over from scratch and make something epic.

This series needs a Prince of Persia or Batman Begins style reboot. Heck, rebooting worked for Zelda. Ocarina of Time was a reboot and it was epic beyond belief.

Currently I don't see how these spinoffs or KH3 can fix this mess. KH3 will probably just involve more mind wiping and search of memories and stuff. Reboot is needed and the character Sora definitely needs a reboot. He's on the same level as Two Face from Batman Forever( and as you can see that character is finally getting justice).

A

Audo

Might as well ditch the series if thats how you feel.
There is no way they are going to reboot a series that is set on a linear story.

Awards
you need to shut up. there is nothing wrong with the series AT ALL! dont play it if u dont like the story.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
CoM did not ruin KH. Neither did KHII, really.
The only things that needed changing was the boringness/maturity of the worlds. And even that wasn't so bad.
I agree with Riku-Keyblade, you might as well ditch the series.

Gabo

The boy who blocked his own shot
The same way Prince of Persia is getting a reboot, I think KH needs a reboot. CoM and KH2 pretty much destroyed this series. My proposal in a reboot is make Sora completely different and more human like Zack. Different hair, clothes, and keyblade design. Less yaoi, better dialogue, more mature storyline( Disney proved they can be mature), no Namine, the Heartless scarier, Xehanort more evil, and no nobodies. Just start over from scratch and make something epic.

This series needs a Prince of Persia or Batman Begins style reboot. Heck, rebooting worked for Zelda. Ocarina of Time was a reboot and it was epic beyond belief.

Currently I don't see how these spinoffs or KH3 can fix this mess. KH3 will probably just involve more mind wiping and search of memories and stuff. Reboot is needed and the character Sora definitely needs a reboot. He's on the same level as Two Face from Batman Forever( and as you can see that character is finally getting justice).
As I said in the other thread, I disagree completely with you.

If you don't like the series, off with you.
You're asking for too many changes which pretty much undo the entire series.
If you're unhappy, find another game.

Puck

The idea behind this series is brilliant and could be made into something grand. Currently it's being run down into the ground. It went from Kingdom Hearts to 'The Adventures of the Mind Wiped Hero'. And now there are a bunch of pointless spin offs being released that don't add anything except more confusion and clutter. CoM itself was the big error and caused this downfall. Now the series needs fixing and must be turned into an epic.

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
you need to shut up. there is nothing wrong with the series AT ALL! dont play it if u dont like the story.

Axel and Roxas ****ed each other every night while they were together. How is nothing wrong with that shit? Akuroku ****ed up the whole series. It wasn't even supposed to be that way.

Roxas/BHK wasn't even supposed to be in the Organization. It was supposed to be DiZ vs Organization vs BHK and they were all fighting over Sora. DiZ was trying to recruit BHK and Sora, but Sora had to be found first.

**** KH2
**** Nomura
I'd say **** Axel, but Roxas would enjoy that too much.

:glare:

T

tazztig

As I said in the other thread, I disagree completely with you.

If you don't like the series, off with you.
You're asking for too many changes which pretty much undo the entire series.
If you're unhappy, find another game.

I agree, talk to the board about your feeling, the series were Okay...............

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Ah, you again.
To be honest I always found Sora to be a younger version of Zack. They're both the same type only Zack had the shit hit the fan at an older age so he managed to handle it better, being a young adult. Sora is still a child which is something you seem liable to forget.
Also, stop dissing Namine. Her story is one of the best in KH and if you truly dislike Disney so much, I'm sorry but keep your hopes down; it's not going to happen and too many people love the series for what it is because what it is is good even if you don't like it.

And PMF, that's... a lot of hostility for something relatively minor o.o;

Puck

On the contrary, Disney and FF is the series bright spot. It's everything else that is a mess. Namine should've never existed. When she stepped in, the series plunged. The storyline went from magical to crap. Now it's The Adventures of the Mind Wiped Hero. Reboot can save this. No memory wiping. Pure, good RPG character development. Justice done to characters( especially Sora, he's a complete mess now). Better, more mature storyline( featuring new worlds, Disney worlds, and FF worlds).

KH3 should be a reboot.

CoM didn't mess up the series, KH2 did. CoM was actually following KH1's path, but KH2 strayed from the path set by CoM.

Gabo

The boy who blocked his own shot
On the contrary, Disney and FF is the series bright spot. It's everything else that is a mess. Namine should've never existed. When she stepped in, the series plunged. The storyline went from magical to crap. Now it's The Adventures of the Mind Wiped Hero. Reboot can save this. No memory wiping. Pure, good RPG character development. Justice done to characters( especially Sora, he's a complete mess now). Better, more mature storyline( featuring new worlds, Disney worlds, and FF worlds).

KH3 should be a reboot.

You clearly don't want Kingdom Hearts.
You're asking for everything that KH isn't and clearly can't be.
No reboot.
Find another game that suits your needs.

CoM didn't mess up the series, KH2 did. CoM was actually following KH1's path, but KH2 strayed from the path set by CoM.

Mhm. They did stray from the path (Which seemed a lot better than what did happen) but I still enjoyed it quite alot.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net

I agree. CoM was a direct continuation (heck, it probably wasn't even a week or so after KH1 judging by the after-credit scene in KH1) for KH1. KH2 was the game that took all the concepts brought up by CoM and ignored them.

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
KH3 should be a reboot.

Just like you should quit playing this series.
youlosewilder.gif

E.J.

~yaranaika
Awards
Kingdom Hearts is fine the way it is. If you dont like it, dont play it, and dont make threads about it.

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
Kingdom Hearts is fine the way it is. If you dont like it, dont play it, and dont make threads about it.

I find this sentence somewhat ironic, considering that half of the threads on here are either complaining about KH, or wishing something new was in it.

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
Also, stop dissing Namine. Her story is one of the best in KH and if you truly dislike Disney so much, I'm sorry but keep your hopes down; it's not going to happen and too many people love the series for what it is because what it is is good even if you don't like it.

Truth be told, Namine was an unexplainable plot hole. She has the best character development because Riku Replica is dead. RR was the single most developed character in the series. Even Xehanort doesn't have as much development. Mr "I get a game about my memories" isn't as developed as a character who had a bit part in a game that didn't even really matter in the first place.

And PMF, that's... a lot of hostility for something relatively minor o.o;

Did you even play CoM? Axel was evil in every sense of the word. He killed off two of his teammates, leaving one to die without regard for his actions. He slashed Vexen in the back and metaphorically called him a bitch. Like "Get down or lay down bitch." Vexen was all begging for mercy, but Axel, being the lovable evil bastard he was, taunted him as he faded saying "Now you can be nothing instead of nobody."

Puck, it wasn't CoM that ruined KH. It was Disney. You KNOW the original storyline. I know you know it. KH2 was supped to be rated Teen. The whole Ansem is what caused the story to become all convoluted. Namine didn't help. Kh2 was supposed to be dark and cool, instead we get two gay lovers and a character that was SUPPOSED to be gay, not gay. I was severely disappointed in KH2 and am losing interest. I can honestly say that KH will be the first thing I grew out of [besides Barney] when time comes. Providing BBS ****s up like I expect it to.

Oh God, I've become V.A.T.13 -_-

Puck

The series isn't fine. It's slipping into oblivion. I honestly don't understand why everyone is so happy about the current 'The Adventures of the Mind Wiped Hero'. This series could be made into something bigger than Zelda or any fantasy game because it combines Disney and FF. Currently the whle thing is bcoming a big convuluted mess. Plus it's got too many yaoi tones that is further bringing this series down. The main character has been turned into a walking robot that keeps getting reprogrammed or deleted mentally. The villains have become Naruto rejects and the storyline is dwingling into suck ville.

A fresh restart is needed. Sora should be older and be more heroic. Xehanort and the Heartless need to be scary and creepy. Also there should only be one keyblade. And there shouldn't be any nobodies and Namine. Namine is the worst thing since Jar Jar Binks.

Yes, the Ansem thing was a disaster also. The gay thing needs to be eliminated also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back