• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Music ► I hate Rap and Hip Hop!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
I just think it's the worst types of music that have been created in the history of man. It doesn't sound good. Lyrics are crappy. And overall, the quality and essentials are just s**t. I just wanna put that out there...

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
I respect your opinion, however, some rap and hip-hop songs can have meaningful messages (Sadly most nowadays just talk about sex metaphors and drugs).

D

Deleted member 36435

I don't think you've actually listened to much hip-hop

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I just think it's the worst types of music that have been created in the history of man. It doesn't sound good. Lyrics are crappy. And overall, the quality and essentials are just s**t. I just wanna put that out there...

Well, that is definitely an opinion and a completely wrong one at that but it is okay.

Popular rap and hip-hop is ridiculous but rap and hip hop was created to tell stories and deliver a message. Shits good. You just need to not listen to the mainstream crap.

[video=youtube;OUlsTuG39O0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUlsTuG39O0[/video]

Bad example but whatever.

D

Deleted member 36435

In what way is Tyler "not mainstream?" To be honest it doesn't really matter how popular something is, some of the more popular stuff is still pretty good these days. There is garbage in all genres, at all levels of popularity. Discrediting anything's "goodness" based on anything other than how it makes you feel when you listen to it is dumb.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
I guess I really hate the "popular stuff." Every time I complain about rap, a lot of people swoop in and tell me that the songs can be deep and meaningful, but I've never heard anything like that at all. Granted, I haven't sought out rap or hip-hop on my own accord, so judging the entire genre based on the mainstream stuff is like judging the entirety of rock just off of a couple songs by Guns 'n Roses.

But I can say for certain that I really despise the mainstream stuff that the people around me listen to. There's enough inflated ego, excess, and general filth to make me feel sick.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
so don't listen to it.

I was basically the same way when i was 10 but i listened to underground which is great.

-tyler the creator
-earl sweatshirt
-kendrick lamar
-lecrae
-hopsin

Genre mixes are soothing to the soul.

Awards
To completely disregard a genre like that truly makes me no longer respect your overall opinion on things. Ignorant post/clickbait.

The genre is very diverse and one end you can find conscious music that makes you think and on the other music that makes you want to turn up/flex with a large amount in between.

Last edited:

Relix

A traveler
Awards
I will admit a lot of the "mainstream" and media focused rap and "hip hop" aren't things to be thrilled about (although admittedly there are even some of those I will bump to, Kendrick and J. Cole are somethin' else) but there are a lot of amateur and/or less known artists and music producers that stay true to themselves and actual values that matter not only to the listener but to the community they represent as a whole. Even a lot of the stuff that is about sex, drugs and money, as diddlyed up as it sounds in a community where there was nothing for you but dead ends, they were tangible things that one could aspire to obtain. Very poor argument I know, I really don't feel like getting into it but there is a lot more to hip hop then the stuff thrown in your face on tv and on these so called radio stations delivering the "good stuff." I will admit, you must have a taste for it but when you find just the right beat and lyrics that aren't only meaningful but personal, you really develop an appreciation for it. Here's a couple of tame ones (mainstream or otherwise). You can talk about life and life experiences that are not only relatable but eye opening. There's so much to one genre that you have not heard, passing judgement on all of it from what little you've heard is not only a poor opinion (though you are entitled to it) but its a serious loss at discovering life events that you would otherwise not know:

Venx

Lyrics are crappy.

That's like watching sharknado and saying "Movies suck." Seriously, I never red something unreflected like that before (okay, since the guy who said that rap caused criminals in general.). Rap/Hip Hop is probably one of the most creative kinds of music.
The different ways to write flows, how do you set the punchlines, what rhymescheme you use. Just sayin' that it's a fact that hiphop is the worst kind of music, or even bad in general, is just stupid. Try to understand the things you wanna judge, or just don't, because it doesn't felt like you tried to at all.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
If Victor and sam, both got along
They'd prolly have me banned by the end of this post

Seems like the whole forum go against me,
Every time im in a thread i yell WAH WAH WAH WAH

waluigi-pointing.jpg

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Okay can y'all talk about hip hop and convince this child that it's not the worst music on the planet instead of whatever it is going on right now?

[video=dailymotion;xdiof5]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xdiof5_nujabes-aruarian-dance_music[/video]

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Okay sugar spocks will do.

Tl;dr open your mind up, i can recommend a good few tracks to you if you'd like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back