• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Music ► I hate Rap and Hip Hop!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Sorry. Got mad. I'll just go to bed now. Bye.

Its not that serious now. Eminem hasn't released anything subsantial in two years and he's really overrated

Venx

That could end up in a huge discussion. If you're interested in it, hit me up later, because it's 2 a.m. here and I'm pretty tired.
Good luck with the rest of the thread if it goes on

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
I'm probably gonna regret saying this, but I'm with OP. Never been a fan, and never will. I grew up with a musical background and listened to actual music, of which this is not, and is just people talking over a bunch of noise. But I'm sure that's what everyone says about metal and the like, of which is my musical preference. Just a matter of perspective.

Come at me

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I'm probably gonna regret saying this, but I'm with OP. Never been a fan, and never will. I grew up with a musical background and listened to actual music, of which this is not, and is just people talking over a bunch of noise. But I'm sure that's what everyone says about metal and the like, of which is my musical preference. Just a matter of perspective.

Come at me

When rappers do songs with a band that shit is wicked.

Open your mind and try some really obscure, genre blending stuff. You might be surprised at what you like. You don't have to like the genre or artist to enjoy the misic.

A

I shoot first there is no shooting back
Awards
Okay can y'all talk about hip hop and convince this child that it's not the worst music on the planet instead of whatever it is going on right now?
If someone is this closed minded do you really think they'll listen to logic and reason? I could write a thesis about this topic if I wanted to and it still wouldn't click for them
I grew up with a musical background and listened to actual music, of which this is not, and is just people talking over a bunch of noise.

As a music producer and also as an audio engineer I can firmly say you don't know jack

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
If someone is this closed minded do you really think they'll listen to logic and reason? I could write a thesis about this topic if I wanted to and it still wouldn't click for them

As a music producer and also as an audio engineer I can firmly say you don't know jack

*plugs in headphones* dis gon b gud

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
When rappers do songs with a band that shit is wicked.

Open your mind and try some really obscure, genre blending stuff. You might be surprised at what you like. You don't have to like the genre or artist to enjoy the misic.

Oh agreed, like Beastie Boys are pretty decent. It's not the rapping I don't care about, its just the noise in the background. Kinda like what Linkin Park does since they have a rapper but play with actual instruments.

[video]https://youtu.be/o-JtITkOYaQ?t=41[/video]

lol okay. and what instruments do you work with?

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Oh agreed, like Beastie Boys are pretty decent. It's not the rapping I don't care about, its just the noise in the background. Kinda like what Linkin Park does since they have a rapper but play with actual instruments.

Computers that can make sounds just as well as actual instruments? Lol

A

Awards

- piano mainly still learning the bass guitar
- i have helped mix and mastered projects especially for other genres, and let me tell you what I have observed when working with other people. You claim you grew up with a musical background but people that actually live and breathe music are not quick to shoot down other genres. They understand the history and the process of creation when making music for said genre.
- here is what i consider my best work so far, if you still think i'm bluffing. I made this on my computer :) https://soundcloud.com/desiresofgrandeur/i-wanna-be-a-kid-again

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
Computers that can make sounds just as well as actual instruments? Lol

You leave your devil box out of this

- piano mainly still learning the bass guitar
- i have helped mix and mastered projects especially for other genres, and let me tell you what I have observed when working with other people. You claim you grew up with a musical background but people that actually live and breathe music are not quick to shoot down other genres. They understand the history and the process of creation when making music for said genre.
- here is what i consider my best work so far, if you still think i'm bluffing. I made this on my computer :) https://soundcloud.com/desiresofgrandeur/i-wanna-be-a-kid-again

Nice, I'm unable to really practice much at all anymore cause of my career but I wish I could keep it up. And this is how I see it, I can get that rapping can take skill, even just rapping off the spot. It's like a form of improv, I can't exactly do that. But otherwise rapping is basically talking fast once you got the lyrics down. To me, the noise playing behind them is just noise. Actual instruments are always infinitely better than impostors coming from some box.
That's not bad dude, saxophone was really nice there.

A

Awards
You leave your devil box out of this

Nice, I'm unable to really practice much at all anymore cause of my career but I wish I could keep it up. And this is how I see it, I can get that rapping can take skill, even just rapping off the spot. It's like a form of improv, I can't exactly do that. But otherwise rapping is basically talking fast once you got the lyrics down. To me, the noise playing behind them is just noise. Actual instruments are always infinitely better than impostors coming from some box.
That's not bad dude, saxophone was really nice there.
-rapping is not talking fast and if you think it is, you lack rhythm. If you look at all of black/african music the main bulk of it lies within the rhythm, drums, and bassline. Analyze jazz and soul music and then compare it to hip-hop they're rooted in the same thing

-also secondly real instruments? music is made up of frequencies, the middle c note is 261.63Hz, This sound can be replicated across any board, the beauty of music is that we can manipulate this sound and create something beautiful from it, whether it be from an electric guitar, synthesizer, cello, piano, etc this will always sound the same (unless your tone).

-I'm assuming the noise you mean is the production. Son do you know how many hip-hop producer are multi instrumentalist?
ryan leslie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ix5dicdL7c

scott storch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3A6B9yhaRQ

also the drum machine I consider an instrument, the way you use it (and there are multiple ways) just varies
araabmuzik (he's a seasoned drummer too so)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u5w5MFlocs

zaytoven (seasoned pianist)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jR1oDoWNuEs

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I just don't understand when people say it doesn't sound good. And that rapping is just talking fast. It's not. Anybody can talk fast. It's about flow and rhythm.

Okay, let's try this. If anybody listen to Nujabes and still believes rap/hip-hop can't be good, I kind of don't trust your musical tastes. At all.

[video=youtube;WrO9PTpuSSs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrO9PTpuSSs[/video]

[video=youtube;ui5r98gvOF0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ui5r98gvOF0&index=1&list=PL021B66E5B22F3EFB[/video]

Listen to both albums all the way.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
I just don't understand when people say it doesn't sound good. And that rapping is just talking fast. It's not. Anybody can talk fast. It's about flow and rhythm.

I'm sure you'd say the same thing about metal. And not everybody can talk fast or articulately.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'm sure you'd say the same thing about metal.

Maybe, maybe not. I don't really listen to metal outside a few songs here and there. There is some garbage but there is also some good metal songs I love to bits and so I'd still be confused as to why people hate it.

I have a fond attachment to rap/hip-hop, clearly, but If people enjoy rock and jazz and other kinds of music, it baffles me that a genre born of blending these genres with African rhythms is distasteful to people without looking past the basic stuff out there.

Edit: In fact, there are so many sub-genres within rap and hip-hop that I find it absolutely impossible that there isn't something that would strike a cord with somebody.

And not everybody can talk fast or articulately.

Sure they can. It takes practice, but anybody can do it if they absolutely wanted to. The tongue is a muscle to be trained.

Not everybody can rap with good flow and rhythm, though.

Last edited:

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
Maybe, maybe not. I don't really listen to metal outside a few songs here and there. There is some garbage but there is also some good metal songs I love to bits and so I'd still be confused as to why people hate it.

I have a fond attachment to rap/hip-hop, clearly, but If people enjoy rock and jazz and other kinds of music, it baffles me that a genre born of blending these genres with African rhythms is distasteful to people without looking past the basic stuff out there.

That's just always the reaction from the mainstream folk I get when I say I listen to metal, so I usually keep to myself and other metalheads who share the same opinion. Which is why I said I'd probably regret throwing my thoughts on this matter in this thread

And yeah, that's what I said/meant though.

D

Deleted member 36435

Sure they can. It takes practice, but anybody can do it if they absolutely wanted to. The tongue is a muscle to be trained.

anyone can be jimi hendrix! they just have to practice!

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
anyone can be jimi hendrix! they just have to practice!

I am certain you are trying to make a point, but "talking fast" and "talking fast and sounding good" are two different things and that was the point I was making so of course not everybody can be Jimi Hendrix. Are you sure you are reading what I said right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back