• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

I forget how to do this

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

C4strife

Gee Gee Gee Gee Gee
Awards
Website
www.boajjang.com
I haven't done anything in over a year, so this sig took way too long to do. I thought I'd try out a tutorial and maybe some 2D tech work.

Without 2D tech work and text

so ya whatever...

Edit: Fixed sharpening a bit...

Last edited:

Eric

BADmin
Awards
  • Le Artiste
I really like it, depth is nice and the colors are intriguing. I'd say the first is best because of the creative effects/typography.

Inasuma

i'm gonna be
Awards
  • Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance
  • Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX
  • Academy Awards 2013
  • Retired Staff
  • Lost Master
  • Kingdom Hearts
Stock might be a little sharp but otherwise I like it. Your typography is wonderful, by the way.

mermaidman

Awards
Damn C4, I haven't seen you in a lifetime. And I myself decided to randomly visit. Proof that you knew me back when, you were obsessed with that 1 Korean? singer, she was in all your tags.

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
  • Retired Staff
  • Rising Star
  • Crafty Soul
I haven't done anything in over a year, so this sig took way too long to do. I thought I'd try out a tutorial and maybe some 2D tech work.

Without 2D tech work and text

so ya whatever...

how did you get such a flowing background?

C4strife

Gee Gee Gee Gee Gee
Awards
Website
www.boajjang.com
REnder is a little LQ, but other than that, very nice.
Blame it on Square xD. It's likely due to a combination of sharpening, brightening and shrinking the original 720p screenshot.
Stock might be a little sharp but otherwise I like it. Your typography is wonderful, by the way.
Definitely agree with the over sharpening. I was trying the high pass sharpening technique for the first time, and I didn't mask and tweak the opacity very well.
Damn C4, I haven't seen you in a lifetime. And I myself decided to randomly visit. Proof that you knew me back when, you were obsessed with that 1 Korean? singer, she was in all your tags.
lol ya... BoA. Sadly, I don't remember who you are????
how did you get such a flowing background?
Background was done with some soft brushing and then smudging it with a 20-30px default hard round pixel brush with approximately 90% strength. It's kind of hard to do the smudging with a mouse. I had tons of trouble getting it smooth enough for my liking. If you want more details PM me.

Anyways I fixed the sharpening a bit. I'm just surprised how different the colors look when I view it on my configured monitor and on my laptop. >.> It should look more pink than purple.

mermaidman

Awards
Not getting into that, plus all the people who banned me are not even here anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.