• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

I finally see what’s off with kh3 Sora

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaplen14

So not so much with Sora’s character, but his kh3 outfit is off. It took me the longest time to figure out what was bothering me about his attire, but I see now that it’s his gloves!! I honestly wouldn’t have noticed it until they changed the scene when he is reaching out for Aquas hand. These gloves cover more of his forearm and less of his... hands? I completely get that this is so picky and minuscule, but it’s something that pokes at me. Comparing the difference between KHI, II, & III the finger cut gloves fits Sora... but this type of glove makes me think of dish gloves without the hands?! Haha I honestly don’t know where it’s bugging me at.

What do you guys think? Do you favor this outfit over previous installments, maybe you like certain aspects better than others?
I personally love the black tones, but don’t favor the buttons, maybe not the plaid in certain lights (even though I wear nothing but flannels), and obviously the gloves.

KhII I feel stays my favorite outfits for everyone, such as mickeys cloak, Kairi’s entire look (I like her straight pointy hair), and Riku’s pants lol

Feel free to throw out some thoughts and counter opinions

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
The gloves, you say... I see what you mean. They are a different type indeed. It doesn't bother me personally, I find them cool (but perhaps less practical, as they don't cover/protect the palms after all, but oh well, video game logic!). KH3 Sora might just be my fav outfit of his so far, simply because black & red is such a power combo in my eyes, I love to see it on his character ever since DDD, just like I love wearing black & red myself. Also, KH3 Sora's outfit hints at elements from Roxas's and Ven's outfit, I find those details nice (it's mostly evident on his jacket)

this being said, I look forward to see more of that blessing of a V-neck ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Hero of Light clavicle & pecs ftw

Zaplen14

I really do like the black and red too! But mentioning bringing in aspects off Roxas and Ven definitely makes me like the Kh3 clothing on Sora that much more. ...still those gloves lol
I feel like I saw someone online post explaining that they are a type of battle glove and showed pictures of a historical resemblance to something (kind of like Terra’s pants lol) but I dunno.

Zaplen14

It’s super nit picky I know. The coloring is perfect, maybe if it just wrapped his hand a bit I dunno.
I still like a lot about KH3 attire. The gloves are so minor, but I’m still trying to force myself to accept Kairis outfit/hair the most though. The heavy pink just doesn’t accent her red hair I feel, and I was really expecting more battle style clothes.

Awards
East of England, Buried in a Void of Non-Existence
Sora's outfit overall was something I wasn't terribly fond of at first, though it grew on me fairly quickly. But the one thing that's always bothered me has been the gloves, and I'm glad I'm not the only one; I never saw the practicality of not having palms while wielding the assortment of Keyblades that he does, but as someone else said, video-game logic. The gloves themselves are nice, and everything about Sora's new get-up just kind of clicks. It's probably my favourite attire, and one I'd love to dress up in.

A friend of mine seemed more knowledgeable on the subject and said that Sora's new gloves were a type of gauntlet called a vambrace? It seems to be primarily to protect the forearm, but I did see one or two examples that extend to the hand like Sora's do, but still don't cover the palm.

cakito123

Awards
Actually, I think his clothes are cool enough but still nothing too special or creative like KH2's. It is much more simple and less vibrant than the KH2 one.

This 'new' Sora grew on me much much later after his reveal. But I still don't like his hair, I'm trying to get used to it.
I liked how in other games his hair was really more spikey, thick and all spikes made a straight line.

Now his hair is thinner, it makes some curves here and there and it seems smaller somehow.

Don't know if it is supposed to be like Sora has a new haircut, or if it is just how Sora is in these new graphics...

Still, we can see the diference pretty easy looking at these 2 images:

Kingdom-Hearts-3-Sora-2.jpg

sora-kingdom-hearts-iii.jpg

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Sora's hair really bugged me at first. I thought it was an unnecessary change and hindered his appearance. But it grew on me, especially now that we're seeing the game reaching its final stages. The hair style change does make him look a little bit more mature and toned down in wackiness. His KH2 appearance is my favorite, but I like the tone they're going for with Sora's new appearance and hairstyle. At this point, my only gripe with Sora's KH3 outfit/appearance is that it isn't his KH2 look, and that's just a nostalgia complaint.

mytomxxx

Actually, I think his clothes are cool enough but still nothing too special or creative like KH2's. It is much more simple and less vibrant than the KH2 one.

This 'new' Sora grew on me much much later after his reveal. But I still don't like his hair, I'm trying to get used to it.
I liked how in other games his hair was really more spikey, thick and all spikes made a straight line.

Now his hair is thinner, it makes some curves here and there and it seems smaller somehow.

Don't know if it is supposed to be like Sora has a new haircut, or if it is just how Sora is in these new graphics...

Still, we can see the diference pretty easy looking at these 2 images:

Sora have a new haircut in this game, and I loved it so much, it fits much more in this engine than the old haircut, and, he looks more older. Everything about the new Sora I didn't like at the begining, but now it for me it is his best outfit in the series.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
I never even noticed this and great now I can't not see it. Sora's fingerless gloves were so iconic, I thought he was wearing the same thing and it had just been extended at the wrist to give it a sleeker appearance. That's a shame.

ImVentus

Awards
I've been fond of Sora's new outfit since the announcement. They made Sora look more grown up compared to his DDD appearance. It's pretty much the same color palette, but here his pants aren't as awkwardly short.

I love his new hairdo, it looks slightly more realistic (not really, but it looks less spiky and more relaxed) He also looks rather good in slightly grown hair in the back.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
His outfit's fine. But I still think he looks a bit like a train conductor who's missing their hat.

Echoecho6

Awards
The only thing I dislike about KH3 Sora is how much red is on the outfit. I know that is more his color but I liked how his other outfits had a bunch of different color. It just feels like too much red, a darker red too. I would have liked if they had a little more blue and white sprinkled somewhere in there. I was really happy that they kept the shoes yellow.

Awards
I have nothing to complain about. It’s my favorite look for Sora so far. I was so sick of his KH1 outfit, and I eventually got tired of his KH2 outfit. It’s too dramatic. I like that this one is a more sleek and simple. And it kinda has a design influenced from ancient Samurai armor.

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
A friend of mine seemed more knowledgeable on the subject and said that Sora's new gloves were a type of gauntlet called a vambrace? It seems to be primarily to protect the forearm, but I did see one or two examples that extend to the hand like Sora's do, but still don't cover the palm.

Thank you, this is just the info that I needed to understand it, finally. How could I forget, I kept seeing the name of this type of armor in Assassin's Creed games! Scratch my earlier remark on the practical aspect of these gloves, it seems that they do have some logic behind them after all

His outfit's fine. But I still think he looks a bit like a train conductor who's missing their hat.

Oh I bet there's an AU like that out there somewhere lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back