• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

I feel the need to rant...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackest Night

High Priest of Sloanism
Depends upon the day and if there is free pizza.
Ok, I've recently felt the need to rant on a particular subject. Throughout my time here, I've seen several RP's dealing with elements that list false elements. I realize that they are entitled to their own creativity and I myself have occaisionally used false elements, but to this day it annoys me greatly.

The four classical elements are:
Fire
Earth
Air
Water

Depending upon what classical system of beliefs you may hav, Spirit may be the fifth element a.k.a the one that animates the inanimate.

NOWHERE in the aforementioned elements do these appear:

Light
Dark
Thunder
Poison
Chaos
Sound
Sorrow(WHAT THE HELL!? THIS IS NOT AN ELEMENT! Emo idiots...)

I greatly dislike it when those elements are used constantly and labeled as "elements." They are [size=+1]NOT[/size] elements! Is it TRULY that hard to simply abide by the four, possibly 5, classical elements alone?

OK, rant over. Most of the questions above where rhetorical.

Mr.

I feel yer pain. .__.

Spirit does include Darkness and Light, right? So, Spirit can be both of those?
Dark and Light are the fundumental forces in the universe. :0

Blackest Night

High Priest of Sloanism
Spirit is also Soul, the one that animates the inanimate. Light and Darkness inside of it are not the kinds used here.

The Light of the Soul = Virtuous, the "good" side of people.

The Darkness of the Soul = Sinful, the bad side of people

The Light used on this forum = Actual Light

The Darkness used on this forum = Actual Darkness.

Blackest Night

High Priest of Sloanism
TWilight, if i had any respect for you or knowledge of whom you are, I would take your advice somewhat to heart. However, since you lack any relevance in my existence as a whole, I am thus forced to ignore your comment from this point forward.

Should you have anything truly productive to the topic to say, I encourage you to express it. However, if you are full of nothing more than comments that are identical to, or closely related to "move on", I "kindly" ask ye to promptly stay silent.

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
Light, Dark, Sound, definately not elements...they're not even in physical form.

Chaos and Sorrow definately not as well, they are emotions and states of being

Poison involves a liquid/gas, so the loophole in this would be that they control water, but choose to manipulate the water to be poisonous

For Electricity, well it depends on what definition of 'element' you are using (Btw, I consider Electricity an element, so I'm mainly defending it's right to be considered one):

A fundamental, essential, or irreducible constituent of a composite entity.

This definition would fit to: Fire, Water, Earth, Air, and Electricity

A substance composed of atoms having an identical number of protons in each nucleus. Elements cannot be reduced to simpler substances by normal chemical means.

I really don't feel like looking up how many Protons per Nucleas is in Electricity, so I'll assume that Fire, Water, Earth, and Fire fit this description

Electricity. The resistance wire in an electrical appliance such as a heater or an oven.

This definition considered Electricity an element

The forces that constitute the weather, especially severe or inclement weather

Fire, Water, Earth, Air, Electricity

One of four substances, earth, air, fire, or water, formerly regarded as a fundamental constituent of the universe.

Speaks for itself, however Electricity is also a fundental constitute, and widely considered an element, even if it's considered so from ignorance

Blackest Night

High Priest of Sloanism
TMM, I am referring to the classical elements, not the ones of science. The element I am speaking of are the basic parts of the world as percieved by ancient times. It was the thoughtof the Chinese, Greek, Japanese, so forth cultures that the world was made up of four major elements and that each element, when combined with another or several others, made an object.

An example of which is a burning piece of wood.

THe wood burns, (fire), releases smoke(air), and turns into ash(Earth).

I don't see electricity as a fundamental part of the universe. If anything, if would be considered by the ancient world to be a mixture of fire and air, most likely because it generally happens in the sky.

Blackest Night

High Priest of Sloanism
To save myself the trouble of typing it all up again:

TRN, if i had any respect for you or knowledge of whom you are, I would take your advice somewhat to heart. However, since you lack any relevance in my existence as a whole, I am thus forced to ignore your comment or any others from this point forward.

Should you have anything truly productive to the topic to say, I encourage you to express it. However, if you are full of nothing more than comments that are identical to, or closely related to sarcastic comments, I "kindly" ask ye to promptly stay silent.

Melon

But friction is electricity, right? And friction creates heat which result into fire...somewhat... Correct me if I'm wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back