• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► I don't wanna wait~

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Shadow Soldier

Well, you could look at it this way. People who cut, aren't doing it right :D

Whatever, I'm just bugged at the fact that, person asked for help, we tied her up by her feet and dragged her across a cacti field.

It's almost like you're defending her because she's female...so odd...

Oh ya, I'm totally only doing it because she's a girl.

C

Crossroads

Actually no ass fuck, if it was you in this situation I'd be doing the same thing. Retard.

So you go both ways? hmm. Surprising.

Seriously though cutting yourself isn't the way guys....not cool...not cool.

S

Shadow Soldier

don't do it if you don't want to be ridiculed?
True, but if you need help, you should tell someone.

So you go both ways? hmm. Surprising.
You're actually starting to piss me off and starting to make me wish you'd cut yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
Is it me or has the last 3 pages just been Shadow and gramp anime scholar arguing about the way we treat cutters here>

S

Shadow Soldier

Is it me or has the last 3 pages just been Shadow and gramp anime scholar arguing about the way we treat cutters here>

Wow, your definition of arguing...... is just.... wow.

As much as I'm not fond of Ken, I don't think I'd argue with him.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
As much as I'm not fond of Ken, I don't think I'd argue with him.
You're going back and forth, over your opinions. That's arguing. Synonymous with debating.

Anyway, cutting is like class 1 attention seeking. You'll never actually kill yourself that way and because marks are often clearly visible, people will usually feign care or interest. Hence, the cutters behaviour rewarded and they continue to cut. Of course, ignoring them could lead to worse behaviour. Either way, she needs counselling.

stephaknee

Hakuna Matata
You're going back and forth, over your opinions. That's arguing. Synonymous with debating.

Anyway, cutting is like class 1 attention seeking. You'll never actually kill yourself that way and because marks are often clearly visible, people will usually feign care or interest. Hence, the cutters behaviour rewarded and they continue to cut. Of course, ignoring them could lead to worse behaviour. Either way, she needs counselling.

I agree. And the marks were clearly visible enough for a teacher to raise concern.

S

Shadow Soldier

I don't know, I didn't feel like it was arguing...

What's that saying? Up the road for the morgue, across the street for the hospital?

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards
person asked for help, we tied her up by her feet and dragged her across a cacti field.

You know what the person's question was?
So what do I do when I go into therapy?
Fuck all the other details, answer this question.

I say you should talk it through to them. If it's really bothering you, that's what they're there for, even if you don't feel like doing it, people are paying for it, so make the most of it. Stop being selfish just because you feel like it.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
I don't know, I didn't feel like it was arguing...
well it is. arguing isn't just your parents yelling at each other.

What's that saying? Up the road for the morgue, across the street for the hospital?
i see your comprehension skills could use a bit of work.
i'm assuming she made no real attempt to hide her cuts, as the teacher noticed them. a person suffering from true depression would cover it up or cut some where less obvious. she wants attention. she wants someone to care for her. her lack of communication to her teachers also indicates that.
she needs counselling, but i doubt she's genuinely depressed.

xgnarmanx

So... Last Monday I went into school, and I had been cutting that morning. So when the teacher saw the cuts she grabbed me into the clinicians room (im in an ED program) and ask me what they were from. I replied honestly, and before I knew it, campus supervisors were being called to watch me, the schools psycologist was being called to interview me, and i'm stuck in a room for hours, not allowed to write or draw because they're afraid i'll stab myself.

When the psycologist is done interviewing me she tells my teacher she needs to call mental health services because "I'm out of her hands". So I'm stuck in a room for another hour or so. Then she comes, talks to me, and decides i need to see a professional therapist, or i need to be 'put away', because she diagnosed me with severe depression.

So now I'm stuck because what's going on that makes 'severely depressed', I don't want to talk about at all because 1) It's my problem, and, 2) I only want to talk about what happened to the people who were there for me and with me when it happened. So what do I do when I go into therapy? Not talk at all?

When it all comes down to it your the only one that can help yourself . Your only going to get better if you want to cutting dos'nt help even if it takes the emotional pain away... Its just a distraction like drugs your just running away from your problems .

Grow up and face these problems cause thats the only thing you can do.

Gildragon

Theatre Messiah
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
To the op. what do you do? you be honest is what you do. you obviously have a problem if you are cutting on yourself. You obviously aren't strong enought to resolve those problems on your own. you need all the help you can get. be 100% honest and open when talking.

You know. The more I read what she put the more I believe it is fake.

you don't know the half of it

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
Buck up. You're not going to be "put away" because you're severely depressed. Either you're exaggerating or your 'professional' therapist needs to have the 'professional' taken out of her job title. Now I'm gonna sound callous, but sometimes you need harsh reality slapped in your face. Lots of teenage kids self-harm, it's nothing new but yes, it is worrying. Obviously, you're putting yourself in a Catch-22 situation; wanting to talk about your problem - albeit with "those who were there for you" - (so obviously you wanna sort your problem out) and yet not opening up to those who are qualified to do it and will work with you on a basis that doesn't consist of feeling sorry for you and patting your shoulder and making you feel even shittier because of all the sympathy. Because I'll tell you now -- I used to self-harm with the aim of dying, and only when my dad pulled me out from under the bath water when I was drowning myself did I realise that I really needed to cowboy the fuck up and sort myself out. So, Kelly, don't be a dick. Counsellors and therapists are there for a reason. They're qualified to help you, to sort your problems out and try to make things as easy as possible for you. Having friends to go "awww" at your situation and sympathise for you is great and all, but they're not going to solve your problems. Just open up and stop being so stubborn, because you're only digging your own grave here.

Finland

Banshee Queen
Awards
OP: I know that it's irritating, when others get involved with your life - but still, it's better for you to talk than to be quiet. Depression is something one should not take lightly.

I think that depressed persons cut, because "everyone else who is depressed does it". People have made it a part of depression, and some are seeking attention with it by letting others notice it. Still they hide it from adults, because they don't want to get any counselling - they want to be different by showing how they 'suffer'. I'm not saying that there're not people who have serious depression that has nothing to do with attention.

Banishing Blade

Iron Tomato
Awards
At Shadow Soldier: People who don't respect themselves don't deserve respect from others. Simple reason for why OP received such harsh replies.

Gildragon

Theatre Messiah
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Incorrect: anyone asking for help deserves to be respected in the fact that they are asking for help
This should be one of the main places where shit like that doesn't happen.

Supposing their problem is respecting themselves. how much help & support do you think you are giving that person when you put them down?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back