• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► I don't wanna wait~

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vicodin

relative power
I agree with both Gildragon and Banishing Blade.

People shouldn't be forced to respect those who don't respect themselves, yes, but I still believe that they deserve some sort of respect, at least enough to possibly kick start them themselves into respecting their own being, and therefore creating a respectable person.

I think the OP is in the wrong, yes, but no one can judge them fully. Everyone HAS a reason for everything, be it bad or good, but that isn't what is under scrutiny now. If the OP was attention seeking, they sure got the attention. The first thing that threw me off was the fact that they were honest with the nurse from the start. if you weren't seeking att'n you wouldn't have done that.

You brought this upon yourself, and you may be asking now what to do, and honestly I'd say you should bring the question elsewhere because although this is the "help and support" section, it's still on a Kingdom hearts message board, and a fair amount of the people here won't give you good answers because they're immature, as it has been seen. I can almost guarantee that you won't get good answers here. :/

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
Incorrect: anyone asking for help deserves to be respected in the fact that they are asking for help
This should be one of the main places where shit like that doesn't happen.

Supposing their problem is respecting themselves. how much help & support do you think you are giving that person when you put them down?
Anyone suffering from a real problem (when it comes to depression) would not ask for help on an internet message board. She's been presented with an outlet for help and appears to be uncooperative.

She wants attention and everyone being kind and caring towards her is just rewarding her behaviour.
None of us are really qualified to deal with depression, so why would she come to us over a counsellor?

pokepotterkhkids

Website
www.freewebs.com
i have read all ur replies, and i'll TRY to talk about it

put away refers to the fact that i have a... police record

i wont say what happened, only that its because of yoyoj06 here on the forums

Gildragon

Theatre Messiah
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Anyone suffering from a real problem (when it comes to depression) would not ask for help on an internet message board. She's been presented with an outlet for help and appears to be uncooperative.

right cuz asking for help in a board called "Help & Support" is totally out of the question

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
i feel Help & Support generally works for emotional support. death of family members or friends, hard times at school, trying to figure out a career path, etc.

mental health issues are a bit beyond that. and i'm pretty sure it's illegal to give someone advice regarding that if you're not actually qualified.

S

Shadow Soldier

Last I checked it wasn't illegal.....? I mean as in giving them support, not actual therapy...

!BRITTANY

Website
www.brittahnayy.livejournal.com
Elle's right ==' Comments like "You're stupid" are awful. People have different ways of dealing and while cutting sure isn't the healthiest outlet, comments like that aren't helping.

Cutting isn't a good way of dealing. Talking to helplines or loved ones is. G'luck~ =w=

Gildragon

Theatre Messiah
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
i feel Help & Support generally works for emotional support. death of family members or friends, hard times at school, trying to figure out a career path, etc.

mental health issues are a bit beyond that. and i'm pretty sure it's illegal to give someone advice regarding that if you're not actually qualified.

right right I'm in full support of that. no questions on that being an aspect of this section

true but most of the advice she's asking for is how to proceed during these meetings. and those who are actually trying to help are tellin her how to be open and honest with the people that are trying to help...the professionals.

Thus still offering advice thats not illegal, and still being respectful. even so theres no excuse to insult someone thats looking for advice even if its foolish of them to do so.

Reflection

Princess of Heart
Awards
as much as it's a choice for people to give their opinion on what should happen to people who cut, it's a choice for the cutter to ignore the disrespectful comments.

so.

pokepotterkhkids i hope you're doing that.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
true but most of the advice she's asking for is how to proceed during these meetings. and those who are actually trying to help are tellin her how to be open and honest with the people that are trying to help...the professionals.

Thus still offering advice thats not illegal, and still being respectful. even so theres no excuse to insult someone thats looking for advice even if its foolish of them to do so.
It seems the right people are already doing their part to get her the help she needs. Everything else is up to her. She's obviously got no issue telling people about her problems since she posted them here and it doesn't take a genius to figure out what you're meant to do with a cousellor. What she wants is someone to pat her on the back and saw "aww", but that's not going to help her. And she certainly doesn't need people encouraging her behaviour.

as much as it's a choice for people to give their opinion on what should happen to people who cut, it's a choice for the cutter to ignore the disrespectful comments.

so.

pokepotterkhkids i hope you're doing that.
cut it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back