• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► I don't wanna wait~

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
Oh, I guess I should actually contribute to OP or someshit.

Uhh, stop cutting yourself.

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
So now I'm stuck because what's going on that makes 'severely depressed', I don't want to talk about at all because 1) It's my problem, and, 2) I only want to talk about what happened to the people who were there for me and with me when it happened. So what do I do when I go into therapy? Not talk at all?
I'd like to punch you in the face for this but I don't to make my hand ugly, so I'll just reply on an internet forum.

1) You put severely depressed in single quotation marks as if you weren't. Last time I checked, you're not qualified to determine whether you're severely depressed or not. If you think your opinion on the matter is better than that of a professional, then you're severely retarded.

2) "It's my problem". Yes, a lot of problems that people have are their own problems (I don't see how a problem that includes you wouldn't be considered your problem). However, some problems are too big for people to solve with their own abilities, and it's pretty obvious that you have no intention of trying to get over the problem yourself. Cutting? Yeah, that's not really a good method. It's just stupid.

Will edit with more points later when I jump on my laptop.

S

Shadow Soldier

Re: I don't want to

^ See the thing here is, we're not the ones cutting. We think rationally and weigh the risks with the rewards, and most of us notice that the rewards are clearly not good enough for the risks that cutting gives. Therefore, from our reasoning, cutting oneself is a rather idiotic act.

I don't see the justification behind cutting.

I don't see the justification behind it either. But people do it, and they'll continue to do it. You can't stop it.

I'm not saying what she's doing is right, because it's not. But people saying she's stupid for doing it, doesn't help either.

Think of it like this ken, if you were the one who started cutting yourself (metaphorically speaking because I know you're not one to do that), and you came on here telling people, you really think people telling you you're stupid is going to help any? No. It wouldn't.

Or fuck, if Silh came in here and said he's a cutter, THIS ENTIRE FUCKING FORUM (minus me for obvious reasons), would be trying to support him the best way possible.

Wintertide

Sp00ky GuRl
Awards
You know. The more I read what she put the more I believe it is fake.

Reflection

Princess of Heart
Awards

^ See the thing here is, we're not the ones cutting. We think rationally and weigh the risks with the rewards, and most of us notice that the rewards are clearly not good enough for the risks that cutting gives. Therefore, from our reasoning, cutting oneself is a rather idiotic act.

I don't see the justification behind cutting.

You're dealing yourself physical pain to divert yourself from the psychological pain. However in the long-run, those cuts will scar and then leave a physical reminder of how they got there in the first place, making the psychological scar run deeper and much longer than it should. Either that, or you think killing yourself might work, but you actually know the way that you're cutting yourself won't kill you and so you can keep doing it to satisfy this need for 'attempting' to kill yourself. By doing this, you're relieving yourself because you "tried" to deal with the problem in "your own way", and it didn't work so you just continue living life and continue cutting yourself while giving it this false justification.

Either way, I don't see why people would ever do it.

Ever.

It's hardly ever that simple, and people who do it obviously don't see that logic.

I never heard such a dumbass story before. And you follow it up with a dumbass question. I like your precision.

You are mutilating yourself. Something inside of you should be screaming at you to stop. You are messed up. That is the truth. Go to therapy. Stop being such a shut in and tell your damn story.

Reaaaaaally not helpful.

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards

It's hardly ever that simple, and people who do it obviously don't see that logic
That logic is never something that's conscious, but rather it's how you subconsciously think. The way you consciously deal with the problem and how you end up with the method of cutting yourself may be a long and complicated one, but there shouldn't be any other reason why someone should cut themselves than those two. While I understand the subconscious is a touchy subject, there seem to be general 'guidelines' of sorts that the mind follows. I'm no clincal psychologist, but I've studied just enough of the basics to understand the rudimentary concepts of the mind even if psychology is science for retards.

Or fuck, if Silh came in here and said he's a cutter, THIS ENTIRE FUCKING FORUM (minus me for obvious reasons), would be trying to support him the best way possible.
I'd call him stupid if he cut himself.

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator

I'd tell him to use chopsticks so he can splinter the pain away

Lycanthrope

Gold Member
Awards
SS, I'm sure most of us would give Silh the same treatment if he were to come in here saying he cut himself. At least, the ones that aren't pussies would.

S

Shadow Soldier

See, I wish I could agree with you, but I just can't. After being here for 4 years, I can't see anybody treating the staff badly because well.. they're staff.

Let's get this out of the way, she has a bad rep on these forums. In my eyes, that's her down fall as to why nobody will help her.

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
See, I wish I could agree with you, but I just can't. After being here for 4 years, I can't see anybody treating the staff badly because well.. they're staff.
Never said I wouldn't try and help him, but if he did cut himself I'd still call him immensely retarded.

Vandread

Impossible Soul
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com

You can't be serious. First off, it's pretty unlikely Ty's that unbalanced to actually cut himself. Even if he was though, you know we'd give him shit for it. Maybe some people wouldn't, but most of the people calling out the OP would give Ty just as much shit.

It's hardly ever that simple, and people who do it obviously don't see that logic.

Frankly, I doubt cutters follow any common logic when they take a blade to themselves, be that due to being blinded by emotion or just having absolutely no common sense at all.

Either way, my point still stands: cutters are fucking stupid.

S

Shadow Soldier

You can't be serious. First off, it's pretty unlikely Ty's that unbalanced to actually cut himself. Even if he was though, you know we'd give him shit for it. Maybe some people wouldn't, but most of the people calling out the OP would give Ty just as much shit.
OH no no no no, I'm not saying Silh is that kind of guy who would cut himself. I just can't see this forum treating him the way we're treating this girl.

Frankly, I doubt cutters follow any common logic when they take a blade to themselves, be that due to being blinded by emotion or just having absolutely no common sense at all.

It's no different from people who jump off of buildings, shoot themselves, hang themselves....

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards

It's no different from people who jump off of buildings, shoot themselves, hang themselves....
While it's similar, at least when those people attempt and actually commit those methods, they tend to actually die. Since they're dead, I don't have to hear "i've been jumping off buildings lately since I'm so depressed".

C

Crossroads

While it's similar, at least when those people attempt and actually commit those methods, they tend to actually die. Since they're dead, I don't have to hear "i've been jumping off buildings lately since I'm so depressed".

All of this reminds me of Law and Order for some reason.

S

Shadow Soldier

That's true. I will concede that one to you.

Vandread

Impossible Soul
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com

OH no no no no, I'm not saying Silh is that kind of guy who would cut himself. I just can't see this forum treating him the way we're treating this girl.

I don't think it would be that different at all, but whatever.

Actually, those are different. Those people commit suicide, intent of ending their lives. Cutters know those wounds won't kill them, so they somehow get off on the pain.

edit: dammit ken

C

Crossroads

It's almost like you're defending her because she's female...so odd...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back