• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Spoilers ► I don't think this theory can turn out to be true, but if that happens...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Verde_Porpora

Awards
Hearing the speech that apprentice Xehanort made to Kairi I realized that those last words, "the other side", flashed through my head taking me back to Kingdom Hearts 1...

EnB8oY_XEAEThni.jpg
EnB8puwXMAAPAGt.jpg

Well the title of the secret ending of the first chapter of the KH saga is named "Another side, Another story". It might just be a coincidence, but...

Immagine 2020-11-16 213526.png

During the final stages of that secret cutscene, a girl is seen at what appeared to all intents and purposes Destiny islands. It has always been thought that this was a discarded design for adult Kairi... but if in the future it turns out to be...

EnB_94BXYAI9zKV.jpg
EnB__4-XEAEaOo7.jpg

THE GIRL YOZORA TRIES TO SAVE IN THE VERUM REX TRAILER?!

Ed96J6kUEAAzxaX.png

In this frame through a more neutral light we can see that the two girls actually have the same color palette in addition to the virtually identical haircut

DyPtrHCXcAEBf96.jpg

Also from the textures extrapolated from the Shibuya map we know that Destiny Islands somehow exists and is a probable location for emotional travel.

tumblr_d996f921dd3472380412bb4c6a62db0f_d73119ff_1280.jpg
EPv-w17XsAAxDiF.png
EPv-w2yX4AEoRWP.jpg

Well, I hope for a discussion... Tell me what you think..

Foxycian

Awards
I could see Nomura doing that but it’s highly unlikely, overall that is just Kairi’s old design, KH1 secret ending was just teasing a time skip that Kairi has grown and is still waiting on the island for the boys to return.

Verde_Porpora

Awards
I could see Nomura doing that but it’s highly unlikely, overall that is just Kairi’s old design, KH1 secret ending was just teasing a time skip that Kairi has grown and is still waiting on the island for the boys to return.

I know, I know, but the title of my thread already says it all

AR829038

Awards
Yeah, it's just Kairi. It's very clearly meant to foreshadow the ending of Kingdom Hearts II when Sora and Riku return to Destiny Islands through the Door to Light. Good try, though.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
It was Kairi originally for sure, but I definitely think Nomura would absolutely reuse that scene and make it Nameless Star (or somebody else?) considering he’s essentially brought back mostly every conceptual idea or underutilized plot point from the older games including the beta trailer.

May-Jor

Awards
Yeah, there's nothing stopping Nomura from repurposing/retconning that Kairi design into Stella/Nameless Star.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Yozora and Not Stella are presented as parallel versions of Sora and Kairi so I could totally believe Nomura retconning that shot of Beta older Kairi into a future game. The falling comet could even be a Giga

Also those posters are so gorgeous and creative. Especially the one showing the deer with the giant antlers.

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
I’m awfully interested that there’s a picture of DI in Quadratum. It can imply three things:

a. We’re thinking too much into it and it’s just recycled texture like how Quadratum has building assets from San Fransokyo.

b. Quadratum is an alternate worldline and over there the world is whole, so a vacation destination like DI might exist, most likely with a different name but same geography. Maybe like their version of the irl Ryukyu/Okinawa islands.

c. The tech or magic of Quadratum is so advanced they offer tourism to other worlds, with the World Order enforced, of course.

okhi12

Awards
Also those posters are so gorgeous and creative. Especially the one showing the deer with the giant antlers.
I just noticed the Blue Berserk one. Is the Quadratum version of Red Bull casually referencing Saix? Lol.

The Dead Skin

like tears in rain.
Awards
While I agree with the replies saying that it's just an early KH2 Kairi concept, I'll bring up that Kingdom Hearts III turned the cover background of KHII Final Mix into an actual canon location.

If Nomura and Friends somehow retcon that design into being the Nameless Star, I'll be shocked but not surprised.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I’m awfully interested that there’s a picture of DI in Quadratum. It can imply three things:

a. We’re thinking too much into it and it’s just recycled texture like how Quadratum has building assets from San Fransokyo.

b. Quadratum is an alternate worldline and over there the world is whole, so a vacation destination like DI might exist, most likely with a different name but same geography. Maybe like their version of the irl Ryukyu/Okinawa islands.

c. The tech or magic of Quadratum is so advanced they offer tourism to other worlds, with the World Order enforced, of course.
To file under "over-thinking," that image of Destiny Islands made me wonder if various adverts throughout could be advertising worlds (or, rather, properties if there are no separations between worlds there) for the next game and we don't realize it now? So I zoomed and...

Nanahime Sweets - Wreck-It Ralph? (I can't remember for sure--don't you receive WIR as a summon once you defeat Verum Rex in Toy Box in 3?)
Alone (the cat sitting in the nice chair by a piano) - The Aristocats
The stag - Bambi
Lounge Angelfish - Finding Nemo? (I know they are clown fish, but still, fish, lol).
Just Select - Up? (A building flying off from a city.)
The boy leaning against the wall - The World Ends With You? The style reminds me of those characters anyway.

I might've guessed more if I could understand Japanese. It would be funny to me if Nomura were to finally use a lot of talking animal properties he's avoided in Quadratum. Especially Aristocats and Bambi sound like something that would have to be done in a "weird" way to work as worlds of their own.

Last edited:

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
It is possible all of this stuff could amount to something in the future, but as of right now, it's just beta Kairi and the art team having fun with ad designs.

Nanahime Sweets - Wreck-It Ralph (I can't remember for sure--don't you receive WIR as a summon once you defeat Verum Rex in Toy Box in 3?)
Nanahime is a Flantastic Seven reference. In Japanese they are called the "Seven Purins (puddings)" which is a pun on "Seven Princesses"; "nana" means seven, "hime" means princess.

Last edited:

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Now that I think about it, we're lead to believe that Nameless Star lost everything when she traveled between realities. What if she actually lost everything during her time in the Kingdom Hearts reality?

Back