• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

I don't think Kairi can weild the keyblade...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Castaras

i know this is dumb, but this is my thoughts. I know she touched Aqua's key blade, but what if the power of it failed?, and in KH2, she didn’t get her key blade for herself, Riku handed it to her, why didn’t it come automatically in her hand like everyone else’s?? also, If Namine is her nobody, why cant she wield one?

Muke

whatever
Awards
yes i also think sora cant actually wield it i bet its a plot twist because his keyblade has magic from xehanort he magiced it so that he can wield it yeah he will take it in 3 i think im not sure but i think

Let's be serious. Of course she can wield it. Have you played DDD?
Yen Sid said:
I have come to know that you, too, can wield a Keyblade.
^ Or something like that.

Not enough proof?

And as for Kairi getting her Keyblade. This theory here, made by our awesome Mods Taochan and Master Spockanort, seems kinda legit to me.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
She can clearly wield the Keyblade. We see her do it and Yen Sid also says as much. I still don't think a Keyblade has chosen her yet though (which would answer your questions above), but I can easily see them brushing past this in KH3.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
She wielded it in KH 2 and was complimented on that. How would anyone think she can't?
And people still seem to forget that Naminé is a very special nobody due to the way she was created and Kairi's pure heart.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
she wielded it on screen on kh2, killed a room full of shadows and impressed sora off-screen, and in DDD yen sid states that she could wield it.

that's like saying jack sparrow could wield it because sora gave it to him.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Oh and by the way, Kairi not being able to fight properly would push her into the "damsel in distress" corner even more.
Can't we all agree that, no matter if we like her or not (cause I certainly don't), she really needs to develope some serious character that is not centered on Sora? And yes, being able to fight when a war is near is one of the things I personally think are very important for any main character at this point.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Oh and by the way, Kairi not being able to fight properly would push her into the "damsel in distress" corner even more.
Can't we all agree that, no matter if we like her or not (cause I certainly don't), she really needs to develope some serious character that is not centered on Sora? And yes, being able to fight when a war is near is one of the things I personally think are very important for any main character at this point.

the only reason i dont like her is because she's a waste of a protagonist. if they give her meaningful development and let hayden put her skills to the test...

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
the only reason i dont like her is because she's a waste of a protagonist. if they give her meaningful development and let hayden put her skills to the test...

I don't like her because well...yes, she doesn't really have any development and whenever she's on screen, it's always "Sora, Sora!!" like uhm...you do realize Riku was your friend, too, right? The only game I know that does this even worse is FF XIII where no one bats an eye about Sazh when he and Vanille were kidnapped by the Sanctum. It's so rude.

That's why she'd probably be a good choice for a tutorial. We're ready for her to finally have some character traits, SE!

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
that's like saying jack sparrow could wield it because sora gave it to him.
This is the best thing i've read.
Don't forget Squall's experience.

Kairi wielding a keyblade on screen years ago with no background and less games in place would've made this more debatable and crying for far more speculation. Now that it's been confirmed, and she's been seen in action, there should be no doubt or further speculation to that extent. The real question here, should be "then how did she" if she was not chosen, or a participant of the inheritance ceremony (even this...felt like the worst cop-out imagine-able).

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
The real question here, should be "then how did she" if she was not chosen, or a participant of the inheritance ceremony (even this...felt like the worst cop-out imagine-able).
We already know she was a part of the Rite...

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
We already know she was a part of the Rite...
I did not express that she was not, I was giving my contrast of opinion asserting how I personally felt about the ritual itself. Honestly speaking, as a way of explaining what was one of the most arcane elements of the series (The keyblae), it's been reduced to a method that probably hasn't been done in 10 years (11-in game currently) or since that time.

Unrelated, same thing with Lea...

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I did not express that she was not, I was giving my contrast of opinion asserting how I personally felt about the ritual itself. Honestly speaking, as a way of explaining what was one of the most arcane elements of the series (The keyblae), it's been reduced to a method that probably hasn't been done in 10 years (11-in game currently) or since that time.

Unrelated, same thing with Lea...

personally speaking, i thought it was cool when lea got the keyblade but its mystery has been dampened significantly, i agree.

WastedPenguin

Awards
Kairi was able to wield it in KH2 so i dont see why she wouldn't be able to wield it in KH3 and future titles. I mean there is a good reason why Yen Sid wanted Riku to get Kairi to him (which brings up the question how the hell Riku was able to travel from Destiny Islands to Mysterious Tower since we saw he cant use/open a corridor of darkness anymore after they defeated Armored Xemnas 1 and i dont think he has access to a gumi ship).
But sadly Kairi doesnt have enough relevance to the overall series up to this point, except that she is one of the seven princesses of pure light. Maybe she will gain more in BBS 0.2 and KH3.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back