• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► I Don't Think I'll Ever Fit In...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cinollex

tssssss
Awards
There's really nowhere else for me to turn to, so I might as well bite the bullet. I have autism, or more specifically, Asperger's Syndrome. I was diagnosed at age 9. Until then my relatives and teachers just assumed that was...odd. I'd never socialize with the other children, I'd never participate in class discussion, I'd seem to hear and see an entirely different world to those my age. Put shortly, I was considered a freak, and was bullied frequently. When I was diagnosed, it all seemed to make sense...to my parents, I was still "odd" but now I had an excuse. Not a reason. An excuse. But over the past few months...I've realised something:

I've never really fit in. Something about this world makes me feel like I don't belong to it. Like I wasn't made for it. Like I don't deserve to be here. Recently this feeling has intensified up to the point where I don't think I was made for life itself. No matter what happens, or how hard I try, I just don't think I'll ever fit in. It's really eating away at me and as said, there's nowhere to turn.

Last edited:

AndyCloseEyes

Enjoying the fact that I'm better
YESSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your post reflects me! I have that exact same thing!

Don't worry. Everyone who thinks your weird, I've come to realize, has so little brain power that it's almost as if they're not even there. They don't matter at all. And the world is full of people like that. We percieve the world like it should be at first - peaceful without any morons (which this forum seems to be full of, unfortunately).

Don't feel bad about not fitting into this world, but rather embrace your gift and use it to power up your intelligence. It's a really good feeling knowing you've outsmarted someone so much that they don't even realize it.

Lone

The Lone Wolf
Awards
I don't have autism but the rest of that is true i never ever feel like i belong ive always been picked on ever since i was little everything you said is exactly me in all aspects but the autism part.

dr.korytco

There's really nowhere else for me to turn to, so I might as well bite the bullet. I have autism, or more specifically, Asperger's Syndrome. I was diagnosed at age 9. Until then my relatives and teachers just assumed that was...odd. I'd never socialize with the other children, I'd never participate in class discussion, I'd seem to hear and see an entirely different world to those my age. Put shortly, I was considered a freak, and was bullied frequently. When I was diagnosed, it all seemed to make sense...to my parents, I was still "odd" but now I had an excuse. Not a reason. An excuse. But over the past few months...I've realised something:

I've never really fit in. Something about this world makes me feel like I don't belong to it. Like I wasn't made for it. Like I don't deserve to be here. Recently this feeling has intensified up to the point where I don't think I was made for life itself. No matter what happens, or how hard I try, I just don't think I'll ever fit in. It's really eating away at me and as said, there's nowhere to turn.

You are not a freak, there is a word for what you are. Autistic . That does that mean you are a freak , it means you are perfectly normal but Autistic. It is a natural occuring element, that many people experience .

There is nothing wrong with you, and I imagine that people like you have a forum . Check this out, you are not alone . This world belongs to you and everyone . It belongs to those autistic and those not.

Autistic Society › Autism Forums › Home

^^^ Talk to them about it, I am sure they have been through this too and can help you .:thumbsup:

Do not day dream that you were not made for this world, you are just as normal as everyone else, no one is perfect, those who give you a hard time are even less perfect than you.

No, you can fit in. Being different in a crowd does not mean you are not worthy of it. Everyone is different, on all sorts of levels. Some people are just more boring and its less revealed . Some people fit in without any real identity or friends. They follow a crowd to be monkey see monkey do clones, and they try to fool the world that they are not any different than the cool kids crowd.

They are different though, autism or not, they are different than you, or anyone else. You are meant for life, because you are different, you have a unique perspective, experience, and more to learn from life than most people could ever dream of it. You have the opportunity to see things, experience things in an entirely different way .

Do not give up, its what makes us different that gives us purpose and accomplishment. You are not alone, and you can fit in.

Not everyone in life is going to be immature , and rude to you. Just make good friends, and tell them that you are autistic . There is no shame in that. Good friends will listen to you and be there for you, not because you are autistic but because of your true efforts to fit in, and to be friendly to them.

People can even love you , for whoever you are . You still have a healthy body, you still have a face, so what if you have a few quarks. LOVE and be loved.

I suggest you do not give up, I suggest you try harder than EVER because what you have is an opportunity to battle something, discover something greater than all those who defy you could do so in a life time !

Stand up be strong, talk to guys, tuff it out, show them your good heart. HEART HEART HEART.

No mind can be perfect but any heart can . It is not what we do not have in life that makes it worth living it is WHAT WE DO HAVE !

HEART HEART HEART

Do not give up ! FIGHT THIS HARD ! Let the world see you do this. SERVE as inspiration !

I shit you not ! My step sister was mentally retarded but she did not give up and she had more friends, that I could hope for in a life time ! She inspired so many hearts hearts hearts !

She was all heart and the world loved her and she loved it ! She challenged people to be patient , better people ! She inspired people to do things that they did not think they could do ! She was mentally handicapped and she found more purpose and significance in life than those immature pricks who laughed at her could EVER EVER hope for !

Keep looking, I have no friends, have no GF but I will stick this through with you. I will be there for you too

I will stick with you. You are not alone.

God may not have given you the most perfect mind, but he must have given you a beautiful heart ! Now let it show, be friendly and let your good friends know you are autistic and let them know with pride ! AND you will be saved !

LOVE and be LOVED

HEART HEART HEART . Love is the key to a happy life. Turn it , let it get stuck in the key hole on some days but NEVER forget that the key can be turned.

Its not over for you !

I once had a huge crush on an autistic girl, we never got together but I loved her so much, and now she is with someone in life who loves her for all that she is , NOT WHAT SHE ISN'T . We never got together, but I would give her my entire heart.

Last edited:

Danica Syer

Trivia: Love ღ

Well that sucks but that's the way the world works. It's cruel and it's harsh and it's not gonna like you for that. I mean I been in a situation where I never fit in my school but you know what? I don't think it matters if you want to be popular or not. Don't give up on hope and don't you dare give up on yourself. That's the worst thing you should do. Does your family love you? Do you have a couple of friends or somebody you get along well with? If they all accept you, then that is fine. Otherwise, I don't see anything wrong and that people won't understand because they don't like to try to understand and all. Well majority of them, not all. Anyway, I'm sure you'll find somebody or people that'll accept you. sooner or later. I don't know what I can say to help but I hope this helps a bit. Anyway, autism shouldn't be the reason people shouldn't accept you. That's just lame. I mean honestly, it's not your fault or anything, and just because you don't talk or whatever and don't seem to participate, doesn't mean your a freak, I'm sure you're a somebody who'll make a difference in this world, even if you do have autism and all. It's just wrong for people to make you feel bad like that but as I said, the world can be quite a cruel place. No doubt about that. Sorry if it's not much. Urm, good luck, I guess?

stephaknee

Hakuna Matata
lol asperger's syndrome is wildly known as the disorder people love to diagnose themselves with to excuse social ineptitude. People diagnosed (usually by their own judgment) love to brag about the "autism" part, but all the disease really means is you can't make eye contact or talk without feeling like an idiot in public. It also means you turn into a prick and brag about how intelligent and unique you are. Devastating disorder, huh?

dr.korytco

lol asperger's syndrome is wildly known as the disorder people love to diagnose themselves with to excuse social ineptitude. People diagnosed (usually by their own judgment) love to brag about the "autism" part, but all the disease really means is you can't make eye contact or talk without feeling like an idiot in public. It also means you turn into a prick and brag about how intelligent and unique you are. Devastating disorder, huh?

How the rats ass is this helpful ? She was diagnosed. Learn to ignore people like this. :thumbsup:

stephaknee

Hakuna Matata
How the rats ass is this helpful ? She was diagnosed. Learn to ignore people like this. :thumbsup:

All the behavioral traits associated with Asperger syndrome occur to varying degrees in the general population. People diagnosed with Asperger syndrome vary widely in terms of intellectual, professional, and social performance, range of interests, loquacity, conformity, and hypersensitivity. Those who support the social construct theory state that no scientific proof exists of a link between severe Kanner's type autism and the geeky and slightly quirky attributes of so many in our society, and suggest that many of the typically "Aspergian" characteristics are merely on the introverted or socially less-capable end of the normality spectrum.
Asperger Syndrome Criticism and Controversies - K12 Academics (link!)
Asperger's Syndrome is similar to ADD. Over diagnosed and, for the most part, complete bullshit.

AndyCloseEyes

afrobutt

Silver Member

Honestly, no you likely won't. Unless you join an Autism group or something.

Fitting in is overrated. If ppl make you feel like you're inferior, ignore them and ask yourself "Am I inferior to these asshats?" Hopefully, you'll accept that No, you're not.

Hell, if you want to go all out, convince yourself that you're better then they are, good way to deal with such things

AndyCloseEyes

Come now, do those have anything to do with it?

And I'm not any of those.

Though I do know you'd understand.

stephaknee

Hakuna Matata
Come now, do those have anything to do with it?

And I'm not any of those.

Though I do know you'd understand.

Asperger's syndrome is diagnosed by how socially retarded you are. It is not based on your outlook at life; not based on "creative" or "out of the box thinking." If you suck at interacting with people, lazy psychiatrists will throw Asperger's Syndrome on you. It's a condition fat, pimpley, pussies love to hide behind; internet fags love to create groups and jerk each other off to how autistic and different they are.

Asperger's syndrome is not about perceiving "the world like it should be at first - peaceful without any morons." Sorry, try again.

Lone

The Lone Wolf
Awards
Theres something wrong with you Ecstasy you seem to like putting people down dont you.

dr.korytco

Stupid, stop being an arrogant prick ! CAn you get, take a clue ? I think you are socially retarded, never met someone so rude and carelessly stupid in my life. This thread is not about that, it is not a debate !

Theres something wrong with you Ecstasy you seem to like putting people down dont you.

HE just likes attention, and to seem intelligent so he makes BS issues ...waste of time to read.

Y

Yannis

Its life. The survival of the fittest. No, I dont mean that you dont definetily fit in this world, but you can make your own world when you grow up. Start a business or something..

You are just a loser if you kill yourself, think about that.

No one really cares if you have autism or not, no one in this world is perfect and im not saying that autism is a little thing but you are not the only one with bad setup.

To me you are a loser if you bite a bullet. Then those bullies of yours and all the other have won.

Star Light

Star Light-Star Bright
I might as well admit myself as well. I was the same, but diaganosis at a very young age (I believe 3) I don't have autism, I have sensory problems. With sensory problems you tend to overeact to simple basic things. Without thinking as well you blirt out something. Including typing. I went to theropy from age 3 to 6. Most of it's gone. Some is still there, but I'm pretty much like a normal kid. See the theropy helped. Besides everything you put down it's the same thing. I tend to sometimes see things a bit diffrent from other people. It turns out some of my ideas were actually reconized. I don't know if you read this book...

curiousincident.jpg

I didn't my mom did though. She told me all about it. That's when I got into writing... V See in my sig. When I was younger though with it I also took photography. Some kids and teachers saw my photo's and I got treated better. Take up a hobby. Another thing that helped was, when I was diaganosed,we moved to a better school. That school was autism and all that stuff freindly. We celebrate autism awareness month and everything to sse my point.

Those are just some ideas that might help you feel a little bit less like a freak. The best thing to also do is do therapy. It might be a little to late because of your age, but it still might help. I know it helped me.

T

Tyler Durden

Ecstasy, while I like you, you should be a little bit nicer with the other nice members.

Korytco, Ecstasy is a she. I think it's funny when people are arrogant, yet wrong.

So, just keep on the topic, k?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back