• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

I don't like the new psstore

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

AegisXIII

Awards
Well, I like the UI. The theme is nice and feel modern.
1603887966626.png

But the features, it's bad! Like terribly bad!
For example, there are no titles now. You have to rely on the game icon. Which is fine if the game icon incorporates the title. But sometimes it does not.
For example, what is that?!! I have to click on it to know what it is. That's terrible ux design. First years students wouldn't get average grade with such a basic mistake.
1603887616158.png

Then the worst thing for me is the add-ons for a game. There is no way to know what is an addon, what is a game and which addons belong to which game.

Let's take the example of KH3. As you can see, there is no way to know that remind exist and expand the main game.
Same goes for Remind. There is now way to know it belongs to kh3. It's a monstruous mess.
1603887809517.png

Now, I know that this is the first version and it can only be refined in the future. I am pretty much sure they are already working on it as I speak. But boy, why release something in such a bad state?

Do you already have the new webbrowser psstore? If yes, what do you think about it?

AegisXIII

Awards
Do you remember if it was the case for the ps4 already? A new console comes with a new user interface sure. But it really feels they started from scratch and forgot half of the features, instead of polishing what they already had.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Yeah, this came up on the PS5 subreddit. And I agree, adding game titles would makes things a lot better. It’s too minimalistic, which is the problem. Now you need to squint to see what game you’re looking at.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Do you remember if it was the case for the ps4 already? A new console comes with a new user interface sure. But it really feels they started from scratch and forgot half of the features, instead of polishing what they already had.

Nope, they used the store that was there. I think it might have gotten an update or two at lunch but it was only for the benefit of the store.

This feels like a huge regression and just makes it unappealing to navigate and use.

AegisXIII

Awards
I am bringing this topic back to life just to let you know that after a year of efforts, they finally put extensions on the desktop psstore.

It's still lacking a lot of features like filters in the search. But at least, they are doing something. But one year for that? That's just lazy. I could have done it in one week max. Maybe no one buys game on the desktop.

1629821198325.png

Back