• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

I dont get the drop feature.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

JMe23

Is this how u change stories?? From sora to rikus?? Im really confused.

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
Basically, once the drop gauge empties (presumably from taking damage and/or not keeping a combo going), you'll automatically switch to the other character. However, you can apply bonuses you've earned to the other character before switching over.

That's basically it.

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
Basically, once the drop gauge empties (presumably from taking damage and/or not keeping a combo going), you'll automatically switch to the other character. However, you can apply bonuses you've earned to the other character before switching over.

That's basically it.

Well. That is an interesting game mechanic.

Mr Yippie

you can also switch characters whenever you want through a manual drop

but if you play as one of them too often you can't advance forward without completing some of the other's story

JMe23

I don't really like this feature.... I like having two diffrrnt saves for two diffrrent characters

MinerKing

The drop is done manually now. Originally you had no choice and you would just drop when the meter emptied. Now you either progress in one story until you hit a wall where you can go no further or your drop to the other character. I like it. Keeps things fresh. Surely there will be incentives to dropping to the other character, like bonuses or something.

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
The drop is done manually now. Originally you had no choice and you would just drop when the meter emptied. Now you either progress in one story until you hit a wall where you can go no further or your drop to the other character. I like it. Keeps things fresh. Surely there will be incentives to dropping to the other character, like bonuses or something.

It can be done manually, like Mr. Yippie said.

But it doesn't only happen manually. It happens whenever the gauge drops, that's still in effect. I don't know where you thought that got removed.

XIII RoXaS XIII

Awards
i was just wondering how long you can stay as one charater for. like on average. do u stay as a sora for 5 mins and then switch to riku or is it like 30mins or so.

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
i was just wondering how long you can stay as one charater for. like on average. do u stay as a sora for 5 mins and then switch to riku or is it like 30mins or so.

Depends on the length of the Drop Gauge, other than that....the only reference one can really use is the official 3D website. But that just seems to short for that to be an actual transition in-game.

But scenes have really shown differing numbers on the Drop Gauge, meaning one can't be quite certain how long it really is.
And there's no videos to see how long it takes to see 1 Gauge drop at a time. The most recent trailer only shows Sora switching to Riku, most likely when it hit zero.

I'm unaware if there are any videos showing the Drop Gauge on the actual site though....so to be sure, I'll go check. Or someone else can verify me please.

Absolute

Can the gauge drop and character switch occur if one of the characters is in the middle of a boss fight? I find it funny if Sora is swamped with a challenging boss with heart pumping music and chaotic surroundings, the gauge drops and then we switch to Riku in a flower field with pleasant light music playing and birds singing. That would be major mood whiplash.

MinerKing

It can be done manually, like Mr. Yippie said.

But it doesn't only happen manually. It happens whenever the gauge drops, that's still in effect. I don't know where you thought that got removed.

Oh okay. I misinterpreted the last interview with Nomura. He said something about it being done manually, so I assumed that meant it no longer happened automatically. But after re-reading the article I see what they mean XD

Well I'm glad the automatic system is still in place! Things are going to get tense.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Can the gauge drop and character switch occur if one of the characters is in the middle of a boss fight? I find it funny if Sora is swamped with a challenging boss with heart pumping music and chaotic surroundings, the gauge drops and then we switch to Riku in a flower field with pleasant light music playing and birds singing. That would be major mood whiplash.

Yes, it can. In fact, that was the first example they used to describe the switch xD

But it can be helpful. I think Chaser used this example somewhere before, but say Sora is in the middle of a boss battle, with no items remaining and low health. His drop gauge depletes and you switch to Riku wandering around town. In that time, you can restock on items and points, so that when his gauge depletes (or you utilize the manual switch), you can transfer everything to Sora so he'll survive the battle~

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
But it can be helpful. I think Chaser used this example somewhere before, but say Sora is in the middle of a boss battle, with no items remaining and low health. His drop gauge depletes and you switch to Riku wandering around town. In that time, you can restock on items and points, so that when his gauge depletes (or you utilize the manual switch), you can transfer everything to Sora so he'll survive the battle~
That is indeed what I said. It would really keep players on edge, kind of like a timed rescue mission~~

kingjustink

Hmm... Square could use this as a very clever, albeit frustrating, technique. Often in novels when a cliffhanger moment or important details are about to be revealed, that chapter ends and another begins in a different person's view/'Meanwhile...'

MX: "Sora, it is true... I am your fa-"
*switch to Riku*
Player: "NOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

Joking aside, I would actually not like this happening much... I get very annoyed when I'm really into one story and then get shoved into the next...

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards
This would really give me a rush. I can imagine being in a boss battle and the gauge is running low and I'm thinking I better hurry up and finish or I won't get to see what happens next for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back