• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

I can't be the only one...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
... the Pink Agaricus (Atlantica) is a tad annoying because even with 13 MP I found Stopga lasting too short to get in more than 40 to 50 hits even with Aeroga and all combo plus-abilities equipped.
I contemplated ordering Donald and Goofy to attack as well, but I am not sure if their hits even count.

Don't. In fact, Goofy and Donald will only reduce your hit count. Actually, Ragnarok is your best bet, but since you need to press triangle to perform it, you'll end up asking for Goofy and Donald's assistance and they'll screw it up.

You might want to go a few pages back in the main forum and take a look at a thread titled Pink Agaricus Heartless Frustration. A lengthy discussion on good tactics and get-arounds has taken place there. I hope it benefits you.

EDIT: I know a link would've been great, but I'm posting via mobile now and it's quite hard to link. Sorry.

Last edited:

dlppictures

Awards
Website
dlppictures.blogspot.dk
/\ Here you go Pink Agaricus frustration

I would also be interested to know if there is a sure-fire way to respawn the rare Heartless after you defeated one without having to leave the world, as this is what costs most of the time (besides playing Hide and seek with the Sniper Wilds).

I'm sorry to say that unless that was included in the HD version, then no. I was never able to get those pesky Heartless to respawn in the PS2 version after fighting them. I agree it is very annoying, and it took me 5 years of owning the game before I managed to get the patience to create the Ultimate Weapon.
So good luck with your trophy hunting, and hope you enjoy Re:CoM. :)

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Thanks for posting the link! As for respawning without leaving the world, I've had success only with Jet Balloons. If it doesn't appear, just enter the ship, cross the hallway to one of the holding cells, go up the ladder to Hook's cabin, and exit to the deck again. Repeat until the Jet Balloon appears. I believe the other way around works, too.

For other FM-exclusive Heartless, I don't know if the same trick works, but I don't think it does. You'll have to leave to the map and reenter the world for them to show up again.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
I would also be interested to know if there is a sure-fire way to respawn the rare Heartless after you defeated one without having to leave the world, as this is what costs most of the time (besides playing Hide and seek with the Sniper Wilds).

You can save and soft reset the game if you feel that leaving the world and reentering takes long. This is especially useful for Grand Ghost as reentering Monstro isn't always likely.

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
College is throwing assessments and tests my way, so no time, really.
Also, on Deep Jungle I never had to leave the planet to respawn the Pink Agaricus. But it took a lot of screen traversing.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Don't. In fact, Goofy and Donald will only reduce your hit count. Actually, Ragnarok is your best bet, but since you need to press triangle to perform it, you'll end up asking for Goofy and Donald's assistance and they'll screw it up.

You might want to go a few pages back in the main forum and take a look at a thread titled Pink Agaricus Heartless Frustration. A lengthy discussion on good tactics and get-arounds has taken place there. I hope it benefits you.

EDIT: I know a link would've been great, but I'm posting via mobile now and it's quite hard to link. Sorry.

Oh, so they even reduce the hit count. Good that I didn't use them yet then. ;)

Raganrok? You cannot use special abilities under water as far as I remember. Nonetheless though, since the buttons are mapped to both functions now using special attacks on the Agaricus would be counterproductive anyways.

That seems like a longer issue, lol, I'll make sure to read that once I have some real free time at hand.

/\ Here you go Pink Agaricus frustration

I'm sorry to say that unless that was included in the HD version, then no. I was never able to get those pesky Heartless to respawn in the PS2 version after fighting them. I agree it is very annoying, and it took me 5 years of owning the game before I managed to get the patience to create the Ultimate Weapon.
So good luck with your trophy hunting, and hope you enjoy Re:CoM. :)

Ah, thanks, I'll take a look at this later.

Oh, ok, that means I will probably just cycle through the worlds fighting each rare Heartless at the same time, starting with Traverse going through each world for the rare Heartless, finish with the Neo Shadows in End of the world and then go back to Traverse to start over. Should prevent it from getting boring, nets all of the synthesis items and should respawn them. ;)

I'll let that slide for now anyways, as I'm learning to get into Re: CoM. What irks me the most right now is that I cannot take all cards I have into my deck. Is it wise to always choose the KP-Bonus for Sora at the first ten or so level-ups?

Thanks for posting the link! As for respawning without leaving the world, I've had success only with Jet Balloons. If it doesn't appear, just enter the ship, cross the hallway to one of the holding cells, go up the ladder to Hook's cabin, and exit to the deck again. Repeat until the Jet Balloon appears. I believe the other way around works, too.

For other FM-exclusive Heartless, I don't know if the same trick works, but I don't think it does. You'll have to leave to the map and reenter the world for them to show up again.

Oh, alright, at least one of them works that way.
However, by going in circless through all the worlds should keep this thing from getting too boring. ;)

You can save and soft reset the game if you feel that leaving the world and reentering takes long. This is especially useful for Grand Ghost as reentering Monstro isn't always likely.

I see, but re-entering Monstro is actually pretty easy if you visit a different world before and then warp directly to Monstro, as I've always found him that way.
The Grand Ghost is thankfully one of the easiest of these new Heartless and I have stocked up quite some Elixirs from fighting Wyverns and Defenders so often (and not wasting one Elixir on a secret boss), I could theorethically get 20 or more of the Grand Ghost's drops as giving him an Elixir guarantees you at least one of his drops.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Raganrok? You cannot use special abilities under water as far as I remember.

I'll let that slide for now anyways, as I'm learning to get into Re: CoM. What irks me the most right now is that I cannot take all cards I have into my deck. Is it wise to always choose the KP-Bonus for Sora at the first ten or so level-ups?

The Agaricus spawns in Deep Jungle as well, so you can consider that option if you prefer moving about on land.

I suppose it's called Karte Points in German, haha. Anyway, for CoM, I prioritise CP (or KP in your case) over HP while paying special attention to sleights when they are available on level-ups. Going with 80 HP is very doable in the first set of worlds, especially if you're doing Standard or Beginner. Just be mindful though that you can only raise your CP to a maximum of 1650.

I think this discussion belongs more to the game help thread. Would you like to move there? I can, and many other surely will, help if you have questions on strategies and tactics in Re:CoM, which probably you have quite a few of considering it's a new release in Europe. XD

Last edited:

alxnort

Awards
Yep, just like everyone here. I started KHFM and didn't get very far before school came my way, not to mention I doing a proud run with the kingdom key only (like you are). Got through all of 358/2 in one sit down because it was so easy to do. I'm not excited for CoM, I played both the Gameboy Advanced and PS2 versions before, for me it was a chore to complete... I just... don't. Also, after looking through the trophy list I realized I would have gotten 90% or more of them if the origenl games had had achivments, so that's discouraging. But from what I did play I thought it was fun, just so much real life getting in the way of my gaming. :(

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I finished the game on my Japanese copy but not on my English copy. Might get around to finishing when I complete my exams.

SugarToppedLove

Website
www.youtube.com
When you have too much hours and come home so tired
and restless, and all you want to do is glomp a pillow
saving the world has to wait.

I finally got to atlantis, and haven't even touched ReCoM
Thats about to change ^ ^

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
I've finally did the deed. Thought I'm pissed off I actually lost to Ansem's 3rd form since I was too scared to just stand next to him and whack away.

The final sequence was cool thought.

Yamuraiha

Awards
I have the time (if I don't play games with my friends) but I just don't have the motivation to finish the game or just play for hours to finish parts of the game :/. After Hollow Bastion I just grinded, tried to get items etc. and somehow the whole process made me lose my motivation to finish the game orz.

Gonzales95

Awards
Well I played quite a bit of KHFM on the weekend the game came out, then GTA V arrived. Then I went to University. So I haven't really had any time to play KH at all.

Ten

I am only half way through KH1, playing games is hard when you have 2 jobs and a 7 month old at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back