• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

I can't be the only one...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
..who got the game on release and still hasn't finished either of the games within the package, right? Between being super busy and a few other games, I feel like I'm lagging behind everyone else. Doesn't help that I did a Kingdom Key only Proud run. Anyone else in the same boat?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
..who got the game on release and still hasn't finished either of the games within the package, right? Between being super busy and a few other games, I feel like I'm lagging behind everyone else. Doesn't help that I did a Kingdom Key only Proud run. Anyone else in the same boat?

A week ago, I would have said yes, but I pushed myself to finish one playthrough of KHFM at least (even though it was only on Beginner because I wanted to get that and Speedster out of the way first). Between work, life and the site, I just don't have a lot of time to play games. And then I made the mistake of getting even MORE games so my backlog is just humongous.

Haven't touched Re:CoM at all either, and I'm really not looking forward to it to be honest. I love the game but going through 6 times is outrageous.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I haven't finished because my job has shitty hours so I've been unable to. I am dying though, because I was having a lot of fun with KH1FM.

Re:CoM is going to be less fun, for the reason Sign mentioned.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
Same here. I'm right before the first Hollow Bastion visit (Proud mode, but nothing special like no continues or no armor changing or anything), haven't even touched Re:CoM (despite being a little bit more exited about it because we never got the PS2 version) and haven't seen any of the Days cutscenes.

But then again, I'm holding a 8-5 job and I like doing stuff with my brother and sister before they get too much homework to do stuff.

BagelBreath

Awards
I just got to Deep Jungle in KHFM, haven't started CoM, not very far in Days.
Work/Life/Other games have been keeping me away from KH.
I'm hopping back and forth between like 8 different games whenever I have free time, need to pick 2 and stick with them, going to be so hard. D;

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Yeah, I'm in the same boat as well. School has been really demanding this semester, and I seem to have tests or some paper due every week. In my Proud playthrough I was almost done with Agrabah, haven't touched Re:CoM. I took the time to sit and watch Days, though. I'm half looking forward to Re:CoM because CoM is one of my fav games of the series, but I just can't stand the trophy requirements.

Instead I've just been playing small digest games like Rain or Hakuoki (lolol) and Pokemon X & Pokemon Y are about to come out so that just means less time for me to jump back into 1.5. (My life will be Pokemon starting tomorrow) I think I need to wait for a holiday or four day weekend to jump back in to KHFM.

State

Awards
Even thought I don't have the game, I could try to sympathize seeing as how I'm busy with college. I usually get out of college at around 2:30pm and, if there's not much of a heavy traffic, I arrive to my house in an hour (and a quarter/half). I take an hour to relax, the rest of the time I either work-out, eat, snack, do some chores, finish an assignment, a project, study, review, blablabla... I would have, like, only an hour a day to play ('cept on weekends, of course). ;-)

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Seeing how little everyone has been able to play the game, makes me really disappointed that SENA didn't try to release this in at least early August. It would have been much smarter to get it out in the summer before people had to get back to school.

State

Awards
Seeing how little everyone has been able to play the game, makes me really disappointed that SENA didn't try to release this in at least early August. It would have been much smarter to get it out in the summer before people had to get back to school.

I presume it's because, ever since the original title, KH games have been released early/mid September.

Zter

I haven't started either of them. I want to but then I remember the grinding of EXP and materials and I change my mind.

State

Awards
I haven't started either of them. I want to but then I remember the grinding of EXP and materials and I change my mind.

Hahah, yeah, whenever I get the urge of wanting to replay a great RPG I enjoy, the reminder of grinding/farming/both turns me down, heheh... Dx

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I presume it's because, ever since the original title, KH games have been released early/mid September.
I would hate if this were really why they did it.

State

Awards
I would hate if this were really why they did it.
In terms of a consumer enjoying its purchase and a company the revenues, they're more profitable during seasons such as Summer and Holidays here in the Western market, so yeah, it *kinda* doesn't make any sense for a release before or after these Seasons.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I love this thread <3 haha I have yet to complete any game on the disc (unless you count Days) because I'm, like everyone else, super busy. Handling 2 schools (1 full-time, 1 part-time), constantly having to travel, getting on Animal Crossing everyday, and training for my marathon next January, I have no time to currently play KH1.5. I just entered Agrabah on my first Proud playthrough.

Next weekend I have New York Comic con and as Ethy said...Pokemon X/Y are coming out...bye bye all possible time to do anything.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
A week ago I would've said yes, but I pushed through. Work, college applications, and general daily responsibilities.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Well, there really is no rush, haha. I myself took a long time beating the game since I had been busy with work (which I completely don't like and is utter crap). At home I'd stare at my computer screen and skim through job vacancies... there wasn't really much time to play on weekdays, although on weekends I was able to play for many hours.

Although the release date doesn't really matter where I live since it was already mid-term, I agree that it kind of strange that the game's release date is after the western world's holiday seasons. Probably so that students don't waste too much of their time inside the house playing KH? :p

The 14th Order

It's actually ingenious on their part. This way, it will take people longer to finish this game before jumping down Square's throats for the next title. Devious bastards.

Though, I'm already half way into End of the World/Hades Cup with 1 of 3 (5 if you count Gold/Plat. match) Optional Bosses down. However, I don't see myself getting any further as the semester approaches midterms...

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I've also much to do otherwise, yet I still managed to get the KH 1 FM Speed Run on Beginner already through with and also started a Normal-playthrough where I am right before the final battles again.
79% completion on KH 1 FM-trophies I think is pretty good for only owning the game like two weeks.
Of course, the trophies still missing are the proud trophy and then most annoying ones to get, like getting All Gummi-ship blueprints (for which you need to finish all Gummi missions and I do not really like the Gummi Ship in KH 1), the synthesis trophies which are harder than in the original KH because several recipes include the special items from those special Heartless which are quite tedious to beat and to respawn because you have to leave the world to respawn them.

This is also why I switched over to Re: CoM now (a beginner-Sora playthrough) in order to do something different for a change. Since Europe never got it, I have to first learn how to efficiently work with the Card system, lol.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I'm really fearing those gummi ship missings and synthesis trophies, but I'm going to do them asap to get them out of the way <_< I'd rather not dread having to do them to finish off the game completely, leaves a bad taste in my mouth haha

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I'm really fearing those gummi ship missings and synthesis trophies, but I'm going to do them asap to get them out of the way <_< I'd rather not dread having to do them to finish off the game completely, leaves a bad taste in my mouth haha

Some of the Gummi missions have really awkward and hard conditions to fulfill, like i.e. get a certain amount of points without collecting any item. In order to get points you need to destroy either enemies or obstacles, but both of them almost always release an item, so good luck going through a course without picking up any of those and still destroy enough stuff to meet the point requirement.

My main gripe with the synthesis trophies is not that they're particulary difficult, but more on the tedious side because of so many materials from the rare Heartless being needed.
Most of those can however be done best after you have already finished most of the game, as you need the -ga spells to be most effective against most of the rare Heartless (Jet Ballon is a cakewalk with Aeroga) and Neo Shadows only appear in the final area of the End of the World before the last save point.

Chimaera (Halloween Town), Grand Ghost (Monstro), Pot Scorpion (Agrabah), Jet Ballon (Neverland), Neo Shadow (End of the Word), Stealth Soldier (Hollow Bastion) and Gigas Shadow (Wonderland) are rather easy to defeat and farm once you have Aeroga, however the Pink Agaricus (Atlantica) is a tad annoying because even with 13 MP I found Stopga lasting too short to get in more than 40 to 50 hits even with Aeroga and all combo plus-abilities equipped.
I contemplated ordering Donald and Goofy to attack as well, but I am not sure if their hits even count.
The Black Ballade (Deep Jungle) is also a tad annoying, mainly because I often can't follow it's movements closely, especially when Goofy stands at an unlucky spot and obstructs the view.
And then there is the Sniper Wild in Traverse, god, I hate that stupid monkey. The first three I can easily dispatch by stopping them and then whack away, but in the third wave there spawn three and my Stopga often only hits two of them, leaving the third to spot me before I can blast it apart.

I would also be interested to know if there is a sure-fire way to respawn the rare Heartless after you defeated one without having to leave the world, as this is what costs most of the time (besides playing Hide and seek with the Sniper Wilds).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back