• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

I been wondering about the dif betwen com and RE

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tails_Night

Bronze Member
OKay I played COM it was my first KH game. BUt Now I'm wondering, aside from graphical differences,is the card system and is most of the dialogue still the same? Or like what BIGT differences are there?

Tenyas

RE: +"T!red"+
From what I hear, some dialogue got cut. Also, they changed Marluxia's hair from it's original Brown [manly], to Pink [from his female roots no doubt].

Also, Reverse/rebirth was an extra in the Re version. And... Hmm... Theatre mode was a bonus too I think.

Gram

Banned
Awards
aside from axel not sayin "one hell of a show" and theater mode i cant remeber anything else.

Tails_Night

Bronze Member
alright so I heard they even gave riku a haloween town costume or something?
Also do you still have to beat the game sora style to unlock revers/rebirth?

Tenyas

I can't remember for the life of me about Halloween town. D: Sorry... But, you do have to beat Sora's story in order to unlock Riku's that I know.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
They added some dialogue, a battle against Zexion, new card featured.
And Marluxia's hair was always pink. :v

Tenyas

When they originally released the game for the GBA, Marluxia was shown in game with Brown hair. They changed it after a certain amount of time and I can't remember why.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Yeah, Marluxia was intended to be a female character, which explains pretty much everything about him: the pink hair, the flowers, the rather feminine name. Also, his original hair color was also pink, but colored a bit differently, so it appears to be closer to brown, but, it's still pink.

I can't remember any BIG differences besides theatre mode and the fully voiced cutscenes. There's also the obvious change from 2D-3D, and they did change the secret ending at the end to a rather...interesting...poem. I believe the dialogue remained either entirely or mostly the same. They might've changed a bit of it so that it would match with the characters' movements, since any idiot can tell that their mouths are not saying the words that are coming out.

Some aspects of it were changed as well; it seemed like Marluxia I was much more difficult in the remake than in GBA. And there's also that, I dunno what to call it, I guess a "glitch" in Atlantica. In that first room, I was always able to find a Key to Rewards card, and I may be remembering this differently, but I think those Key to Rewards room never disappear or something.

That's all I can think of right now.

kingjustink

From what I hear, some dialogue got cut. Also, they changed Marluxia's hair from it's original Brown [manly], to Pink [from his female roots no doubt].

Also, Reverse/rebirth was an extra in the Re version. And... Hmm... Theatre mode was a bonus too I think.

Reverse/Rebirth was originally on GBA version as well. Also, one more dif. The remake still hasn't reached PAL territories yet. So yeah, sucks to be in Australia right now.

Re: CoM added an extra Marluxia Battle, he didn't have a third form in the GBA version.

Doctor Graybles

differences in CoM and Re

*new cards
*new battles
*KH2 style reaction commands
*Riku's new duel stance feature
*new scenes
*New dialog
*3d as opposed to 2d (obviously)
*voice acting
*Theater mode
*new sleights