• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

I am worried. KH3 may be ruined.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Foxycian

Awards
I mean nomura story telling is bad lol no KH fan deny that that's why kingdom hearts lore is soo confusing but still we can't deny the franchise is beautiful and has a charm that lures you in.

Fatal Mode

I mean nomura story telling is bad lol no KH fan deny that that's why kingdom hearts lore is soo confusing but still we can't deny the franchise is beautiful and has a charm that lures you in.

He has his strengths and weaknesses. However all over the place he may be, his story and Yoko’s music are what’s kept me around since day 1.

Pokie

Calm down everybody, OP only asked a question, they were wondering if what the leaker was saying was true, and that game sounds half-done compared to past main KH titles. Remember, we all love KH but remember at the end of the day, it's only a video game.

Also for firing Nomura, that was a bit low, and that's never going to happen because Square at the moment really relies on him, and also he's wanted for the FFVII R project.

I also sort of agree with OP here. The leaker mentioned that he completed KH3 within 30 hrs on Proud mode and didn't rush. 30 hrs for an RPG is really short. KH and KH2 hrs were about 40-50 hrs. The typical RPG is about 50-80 + hrs long. That's just really short.

Did they "half-ass ?" it? I don't know, maybe they just wanted to keep things simple this time around? Though I can't help but feel that this is short, because they are going to it up with more content and maybe a new world or two with a KH3 Final Mix. I mean KH1 and KH2 had a Final Mix. KH3 will as well.

In short, though, I think OP has a right to be concerned.

drew0512

Awards
I also sort of agree with OP here. The leaker mentioned that he completed KH3 within 30 hrs on Proud mode and didn't rush. 30 hrs for an RPG is really short. KH and KH2 hrs were about 40-50 hrs. The typical RPG is about 50-80 + hrs long. That's just really short.
He finished it, not completed. 30 hrs is an average time for KH, so I don't know why this should be worrisome. KH1 and KH2 take 40-50 hours if you want to beat it 100%, certainly not if you just want to finish the main story, on average. He said that he didn't rush but he skipped cutscenes, and he said he died "4 times" but also said that he "kept dying", so I want to remind everyone once again to take everything with a grain of salt.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Aw, I guess I didn't expect everything we saw for Scala to be playable but its just around that plaza area then? I guess that's something at least.

They are known to add secret/super bosses to the international versions of the games sometimes, and then obviously in Final Mix so I guess it doesn't surprise me the initial release is lacking...though none at all kinda sucks, if this is true that is. I guess I haven't spoiled myself at all but I curiously clicked on this and am kinda glad so I can go in knowing these things are possible to disappoint.

He finished it, not completed. 30 hrs is an average time for KH, so I don't know why this should be worrisome. KH1 and KH2 take 40-50 hours if you want to beat it 100%, certainly not if you just want to finish the main story, on
average[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]. He said that he didn't rush but he skipped cutscenes, and he said he died "4 times" but also said that he "kept dying", so I want to remind everyone once again to take everything with a grain of salt.
[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Skipping all the scenes makes a huge difference yea. Along with those, a 30 hour completion time sounds like a normal KH game length time to me.
[/FONT]
If this person skipped the scenes it makes me confused how there are supposedly story spoilers out there at all. Inferences from some of the later battles? I really haven't been keeping up with the leaks ha.

Pokie

Aw, I guess I didn't expect everything we saw for Scala to be playable but its just around that plaza area then? I guess that's something at least.

They are known to add secret/super bosses to the international versions of the games sometimes, and then obviously in Final Mix so I guess it doesn't surprise me the initial release is lacking...though none at all kinda sucks, if this is true that is. I guess I haven't spoiled myself at all but I curiously clicked on this and am kinda glad so I can go in knowing these things are possible to disappoint.

Skipping all the scenes makes a huge difference yea. Along with those, a 30 hour completion time sounds like a normal KH game length time to me.

If this person skipped the scenes it makes me confused how there are supposedly story spoilers out there at all. Inferences from some of the later battles? I really haven't been keeping up with the leaks ha.

Maybe that's why he's not saying any storyline spoilers- because he doesn't even know what they are.

NoWay

Awards
We can't forget that there is a possibility of the epilogue being huge, we have examples in other games, which the epilogue is as long as a chapter of the game.
For example: Birth By Sleep, which included new long cutscenes + two Terranort fights (+ the secret episode). I mean, for the first time I needed like 5-6 hours to beat Terranort which is nearly Terras or Ventus’ story length. :D

To be honest, I don’t know what we can expect from the epilogue. But if it’s something like the Final Episode in BBS, it will be awesome. And if it’s just cutscenes, I expect it to last like 7-10 minutes which would be as long as 2.9.

drew0512

Awards
Skipping all the scenes makes a huge difference yea. Along with those, a 30 hour completion time sounds like a normal KH game length time to me.

He said he went back and watched them. Unless theather mode is an in-game feature, it does make a huge difference, yeah.

Myst Knight

Awards
Calm down everybody, OP only asked a question, they were wondering if what the leaker was saying was true, and that game sounds half-done compared to past main KH titles. Remember, we all love KH but remember at the end of the day, it's only a video game.

Also for firing Nomura, that was a bit low, and that's never going to happen because Square at the moment really relies on him, and also he's wanted for the FFVII R project.

Did they "half-ass ?" it? I don't know, maybe they just wanted to keep things simple this time around? Though I can't help but feel that this is short, because they are going to it up with more content and maybe a new world or two with a KH3 Final Mix. I mean KH1 and KH2 had a Final Mix. KH3 will as well.

In short, though, I think OP has a right to be concerned.

I think part of the reason for this kind of hype backlash is because other franchises have stepped up their game. Zelda completely reinvented itself and finally got the series out of OOT's shadow, and the main complaint I hear about RDR2 is that it essentially has TOO much content. Even Mega Man's getting more ambitious these days, and trying to modernize the formula. After almost 15 years, people want Kingdom Hearts III to be more than just a little better than II, and the sense that Squarenix is kind of flailing around these days gets people worried.

Death

Your #1 Bruh
I think part of the reason for this kind of hype backlash is because other franchises have stepped up their game. Zelda completely reinvented itself and finally got the series out of OOT's shadow, and the main complaint I hear about RDR2 is that it essentially has TOO much content. Even Mega Man's getting more ambitious these days, and trying to modernize the formula. After almost 15 years, people want Kingdom Hearts III to be more than just a little better than II, and the sense that Squarenix is kind of flailing around these days gets people worried.

I think comparing KH2 to KH3 you can see a big difference in quality. Just the sheer size of the world's to make it feel like a more open world experience is a big improvement over KH2. The fact that there will not be any speech bubbles and it's all voice acting is a big improvement. And don't forget the fact that you can have more than 2 party members now.

I can understand concern it makes sense but I don't think anyone should jump the gun and say Square isn't doing much until we actually play the game. If anything maybe the leaker is holding back to keep the hype alive.

People have been too spoiled by the final mixes they forget what the original games were like. KH2 without all the added content is pretttty short. Same goes for KH1, I got the speedster trophy on accident my first time replaying on the PS3. Play any modern RPG, 30 hours is a beautiful thing. Spider-Man is probably less depending on how much you do, but I'd argue one of the best games I played in a long time. We need to not act so entitled.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I don't think Final Mix content has anything to do with it.

The problem with comparing KH3's worlds to KH2's worlds is that the horrible world design in KH2 was a deliberate choice on Nomura's part for whatever reason (the criticism of which lead to the Cave of Remembrance in FM to make up for their poor judgment). Even KH1 has dramatically better worlds than KH2, and it came years prior. Not to say that KH3 isn't larger than normal, but it's not exactly like the worlds in 3D were tiny by any means?

Poor judgment seems to be a recurring problem with the KH series. I could give them the benefit of the doubt with one slip-up on KH2, but then there was the money-driven console spread and then several, frankly obtuse decisions with KH3 it seems.

Back