• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

I am not impressed by Sora and Jack Sparrow's VAs

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Puck

THE GHOST ELF of LONG BEACH
I've just watched all the interviews. Everyone including Jesse sounded great in their roles. But Haley and this guy who plays Jack Sparrow were very disappointing in my opinion. Haley sounds great in the interview but when he was voicing Sora, he just sounded awful. He seemed like he was trying to make Sora sound like he did in KH1, but it was failing miserably. It kept going from deep to light and it just made Sora sound like a character who doesn't know whether to sound like a teenager or a kid. And Haley's delivery of the lines were also terrible. I'm a big Sora fan, so it makes me really pissed off that they completely messed up his voice like that. In Kh1, Haley was good and Sora sounded fine. In KH2, it appears that Haley didn't get it right and Sora just sounds completely dreadful. Personally, I think they should've just picked a different VA for Sora like Tom Welling( he would've been awesome as Sora).

Now as for this Jack Sparrow VA. It was just one line and already it didn't sound right. His delivery was way off and it made Jack Sparrow not sound like Jack Sparrow. With Sparrow's voice sounding like that, I can honestly say that I'm frightened to hear Will and Elizabeth's VAs( especially Will's).

Maybe, I'm being a little too picky. But in my opinion, Sora and Jack Sparrow sound really bad. Who else agress?

N

NAMINE4LIFE

i know

but this isnt the finished pruduct and those clips are when they are recording infront of a tv

remember there is still music magic to help us out yay

have you seen the recording for kh1 it was on disney and belive me kairi sounded like a frog with chicken pox

so yeah

E

Eclipse

fartyourtheory29ft.jpg

:D

kairi wasn't even awake for most of the game

anyways i think sora sounds awesome, at the beginning of the interview i thought "This guy does not sound 15, he sounds too old to play sora it won't work out" which is true he sounded like a 30 year old. anyways then he lightened his voice up to fit sora's character and i enjoyed it. i think sparrow's voice was as close to johnny depp as you can get....without johhny depp. it wasn't perfect but it wasn't horrible in my opinion. remember how everyone thought jesse mccartney sounded horrible for the part? i think jesse sounds more perfect for his part than anyone else..besides david gallagher/riku so wait for the game to come out trust me disney/square knows what they're doing

Last edited:

dejah

:|
on the contrary.

i think Haley is doing a great job.

the clips sound awesome to me.

even JS's VA. not johnny, but it works!

but hey this is just my opinion.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
King Sora_Strife said:
It kept going from deep to light and it just made Sora sound like a character who doesn't know whether to sound like a teenager or a kid.
Puberty, anyone?

In KH2, it appears that Haley didn't get it right and Sora just sounds completely dreadful. Personally, I think they should've just picked a different VA for Sora like Tom Welling( he would've been awesome as Sora).
Is there something wrong with your ears? Tom Welling? Dubya Tee Eff? Tom Welling is a friggin' adult, Sora's 15. I'm 15 and I personally think Haley's spot on.

darkmark

I don't really cear how they sound as long as I can understand them, except Jesse because I really don't like that kid.

onyxrhapsody87

Sora's VA is a little wierd to listen to... But I think that ties into the fact that we are so used to Sora's voice in the first installment... When you think about it... It actually fits Sora pretty well...

iheartriku

Website
www.xanga.com
I dont really like Jack's Voice! i want it to be Jonny Depp...but i guess it can't be done....but TOM WELLING?!...that would sound totally weird as sora...

Last edited:
N

NAMINE4LIFE

hey is that lilly fron the utada forums

also you stole someones avatar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back