• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

I’m starting to think riku was just a advertising scam

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Snortlax

Banned
In kh chain of memories you could play as riku for the WHOLE game and view the store from Riki’s perspective

but on kh3 riku is only playable for ONE boss fight on that heartless wave thing

i was so hyped about buying the game when I saw riku being playable on the kh3 trailers before its release

What a rip off

Last edited:

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
Yeah why even give riku a mooveset if not allow him to be playable for a time they already had the dark realm as a world set so I cant see the lack of inclusion

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
I mean they did save the reveal for the last trailer, that came out a little over a month before the game itself did. I dunno if I would call that a "scam". But yes it left it to our imagination that he could do more than the same boss fight twice.

I wanted more and everything but also Riku has been playable in multiple games now, so its not like he is hurting for that sort of representation.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
I mean they did save the reveal for the last trailer, that came out a little over a month before the game itself did. I dunno if I would call that a "scam". But yes it left it to our imagination that he could do more than the same boss fight twice.

I wanted more and everything but also Riku has been playable in multiple games now, so its not like he is hurting for that sort of representation.

I would have much rather switch pov of the keyblade weilder who the battle was directed to and have sora support rather then have sora do everything.

shady543

Awards
Tbh I think it's because there was also a lot of hype of there being a playable character. We didn't know who it was, but at the time it was a pretty huge deal and people were excited. I would have loved the Dark World to have been a playable section and it would have been easier considering they already have the assets to do it. But eh.

Awards
Well if it was a scam, it worked. A few people were still surprised over Riku being playable as if it never happened before.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
In kh chain of memories you could play as riku for the WHOLE game and view the store from Riki’s perspective

but on kh3 riku is only playable for ONE boss fight on that heartless wave thing

i was so hyped about buying the game when I saw riku being playable on the kh3 trailers before its release

What a rip off

Um, a lot of people didn't even see that trailer before buying the game (like me). I didn't even know Riku was playable and I did not expect anyone besides Sora to be playable... as per usual in a numbered KH title.

LostArtist

Awards
Um, a lot of people didn't even see that trailer before buying the game (like me). I didn't even know Riku was playable and I did not expect anyone besides Sora to be playable... as per usual in a numbered KH title.

roxas and riku(however significantly small) were playable in kh2 tho ;)

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I would have much rather switch pov of the keyblade weilder who the battle was directed to and have sora support rather then have sora do everything.

Agreed, it would have been nice to have played as Aqua against Terra and Roxas or Xion against Saix, I'd say Xion because they could basically just transfer Sora's abilities etc. and with Roxas they'd have to implement dual weilding

Tbh I think it's because there was also a lot of hype of there being a playable character. We didn't know who it was, but at the time it was a pretty huge deal and people were excited. I would have loved the Dark World to have been a playable section and it would have been easier considering they already have the assets to do it. But eh.

I have the feeling that might have been intended, but they cut it for one reason or another.
I assume they might have run out of disc space for the realm of darkness.

I can't imagine they went to the trouble to make Riku playable just for two boss fights, there must have been something else they were planning that got scrapped or will come up in a DLC.

To be honest, I think Roxas was more false advertisement.

"He'S thE BiGGesT sEcREt".

He wasn't.

Yeah this and the whole Kairi is joining the battle and will have an important role to play, seemed like the more misleading aspects of the promotion.

Laurel

Awards

He wasn't.

That was probably one of my biggest disappointments. Roxas was hyped up to have this big role but he only shows up near the end to battle once and that's it. It's great and all that he has a happy ending, but as being such an important character to the series, he deserved more involvement. Actually a lot of characters deserved more since anyone who wasn't SDG were put in the background.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards

He wasn't.
I'm still trying to figure just HOW Roxas was "the biggest secret."

He appeared like we all knew he would, was even shown in trailers, and didn't really do anything. It's not like we play as Roxas in a little spoiler-filled adventure or he's actually made of tacos.

Or....did Nomura mean there's something we don't know about Roxas that'll play a role in the next game?

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
roxas and riku(however significantly small) were playable in kh2 tho ;)

What I meant was for a numbered title, I don't ever expect anyone besides Sora to be playable. When I first got KH2, I was shocked to start playing as Roxas (I had no idea who he was or what was going on). Going into KH3, I didn't expect to play as anyone else (although after the prior experience in KH2, I knew it could be a possibility, but again I didn't expect/feel entitled to it).

Platinum End

I was mad af when Nomura said Roxas was the biggest secret. For now on when i read articles of the interviews he does, im not gonna believe a word he says until i play the games lol. And it is weird that we didnt get a playable dark world and play as Riku but i bet you that when FM comes out he will be. I'm just wondering with how they add the cavern of remembrance in radiant garden for KH2, how are they gonna do that in KH3 when the only original worlds in there is Twilight Town and The Keyblade Graveyard? Maybe a new world?

Another side thing is that i felt that if maybe they had kept the KH2 Art style but improve it, they probably could have done alot more worlds and story cuz i felt like the engine cause too much trouble in that regard.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Yeah, I definitely wish Riku had got more to do this game. Maybe instead of Sora being involved with every fight in the Keyblade Graveyard, have Riku go down one side of the maze and Sora down the other, so that you would switch back and forth until the Final Battle in which SDG take back over for good.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Yeah, I definitely wish Riku had got more to do this game. Maybe instead of Sora being involved with every fight in the Keyblade Graveyard, have Riku go down one side of the maze and Sora down the other, so that you would switch back and forth until the Final Battle in which SDG take back over for good.

That would have been a good way to partly fix the Sora does everything problem.

And so you dont fight Ansem, Rikunort and Xigbar alone I'd suggest having maybe Kairi and maybe Axel back him.

Riku would definitely work better in the TAV scene seeing he actually has a tie to Terra.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
That would have been a good way to partly fix the Sora does everything problem.

And so you dont fight Ansem, Rikunort and Xigbar alone I'd suggest having maybe Kairi and maybe Axel back him.

Riku would definitely work better in the TAV scene seeing he actually has a tie to Terra.

Yeah, especially because Sora now has the Goku Syndrome -- Make sure everyone doesn't die before he gets there, when to be honest for all intents and purposes... If there's any character that should be getting that sort of treatment, that sort of role should really be going to Riku.

Back