• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

HYPOTHETICAL: KH3 After Days & Birth By Sleep

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
This is a hypothetical question: Would you have been able to accept KH3 if it came out right after Days and Birth By Sleep? The story is basically the same: Sora has to stop Master Xehanort from summoning the real Kingdom Hearts, to do this he needs to save Aqua and Ven. Do you think it would have played out better if storyline reveals such as Lea being a keyblade wielder, "real" Organization, and time travel were introduced during the gameplay of that hypothetical KH3?

Why I'm asking this is because I wonder if the spinoffs did more harm than good. You know, like when you say too much and your statement becomes a little convoluted. All the information we really needed was in BbS and Days -- Master Xehanort, the X-Blade, real Kingdom Hearts, Keyblade War, 7 lights vs. 13 darknesses, nobodies can grow hearts, replicas... The stuff in Coded (besides the Roxas scene that I love) really isn't necessary and the whole datascape thing could have been explained in KHUX. KH3D sort of over-complicated things and said stuff that I felt could have fit into a main title game (minus the pointless Sleeping Realms/Dream Eaters).

One of the main reasons I feel like KH3 being released right after BbS and Days would have helped it is that characters could get some more focus by having their stories in the side-games be fleshed out in KH3. Lea could have actually been focusing on bringing Roxas and Xion back, then does something that summons his keyblade.

D

Deleted member 246005

It might have helped the Xehanort Saga avoid the arc fatigue criticism if we got KH3 sooner. However I don't see it being less "complicated" or certain characters being used better.

Back