• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Hyper Light Drifter (Kickstarter for alttp/diablo-esque arpg)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
b9f5444aa20474411b08058414429433_large.jpg

420b35d90bc2dbc1ddc6209f1a71b731_large.jpg

Hyper Light Drifter by Heart Machine — Kickstarter
Hyper Light Drifter is a 2D Action RPG in the vein of the best 8-bit and 16-bit classics, with modernized mechanics and designs on a much grander scale.

Visions for this game have been fluttering in my skull for ages; something dark and fantastic, with giant forests to navigate, huge floating structures to explore, deep crumbling ruins to loot, massive throngs of enemies to rend, and behemoths both flesh and mechanical to overcome. I want it all to be as beautiful as possible, forging color with the dark and eerie wastes and intimidating landscapes. It plays like the best parts of A Link to the Past and Diablo, evolved: lightning fast combat, more mobility, an array of tactical options, more numerous and intelligent enemies, and a larger world with a twisted past to do it all in.

Rip through enemies with responsive, fun combat; engaging and brutal. Upgrade weapons, discover new equipment and trek deeper than ever.

Traverse a dark, detailed and interconnected world with alternate paths and secret loot. Miyazaki films have taught me that beautiful animation and design add life to a world. From characters to background elements, everything is lovingly crafted while I hum show-tunes and squint suspiciously at the flickering pixels until they perform as intended.

A challenge - The game is accessible and easy to pick up, but difficult to master and complete; enemies and hazards become more vicious and numerous, so players must use clever tactics to avoid death. (Some yell hurtful phrases at players simply to bring tears to the cereal bowl below.)

This game's art looks amazing and the gameplay has me sold even from the little we've seen on it. The kickstarter only has about 5 days left and they've reached most of their goals, but you can still contribute and essentially have a pre-order for a pretty great looking title. This has me even more excited than a hat in time lol

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards
definitely loving the feel of it. only putting in $10 right now but totally hope to be able to fund the shit out of this when my paycheck comes in on friday.

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
I'm going to fund tomorrow. Wondering though, is Desert Punk an influence? I can see a bit of it if it is.

D

Deleted member 36435

wow sure looks like not path of exile so why the fuck would you play it

inasuma

i'm gonna be
Awards
Hyper Light Drifter

Kinda surprised no one made a post about this game (didn't come up in search either, but ey, not the most accurate search engine ever, is it?).

HLD is an upcoming indie game by Heart Machine in Los Angeles. It was Kickstarted last Spring and performed incredibly well. Since then it has been hard under development and a lot of new content has been released.

Here's a recent demo:
[video=youtube;7e03eb8lJUQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7e03eb8lJUQ[/video]

In-game concept screenshots:
6662e2c1198c069896c7e6e864a60c0f_large.gif

72b9ff506b73f416eb878a9a4f960c5d_large.gif

Concept art:
67334dfb2332b5f985cb0c32d517bb4e_large.jpg

e1507b2c06ad3a501181b3438a3f6457_large.jpg

It appears to have a very abstract/dark sort of feel but the style is killer. Particularly the enemies. I always have a soft spot for pixel art. Also check out this slick level art:

2eef3b59a4af0a4a624dceccbbbd65df_large.png

Pretty dope. I backed it for $60 and I'm really excited to beta test it! Any of you hear about this? It's aimed for a release next Spring IIRC.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
New trailer with a lot of recycled, already shown-off material. Definitely need to play this though.

Beta should come in June to lucky backers. Release date is now Q4 2014. Don't delay -___- pls

Recon

Art of War
Awards
PAX 2014

[video=youtube;Uq2CzDtd7lc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uq2CzDtd7lc[/video]

Shooting for winter 2014/early 2015.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back