• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Hurricane Matthew Check In

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

AuroraX

Awards
There's a lot of people from all over on this thread and since today is the day that Matthew is making landfall, I figured it'd be good to make a thread where all of us who are going to be affected by Matthew can let everyone else know we're doing okay, give updates, and so on.

I'm on the east coast of Florida, but I'm inland so my family and I are staying at our house. So far there's only been faint rainfall and mild wind, but it's starting to pick up. We're not in an evacuation zone, so that's a good sign. I personally may not be able to update much since it's very likely the power will go out at some point. Hope everyone stays safe and is doing well during this time. (insert praying emoji dude)

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I'm in NC. Thankfully the projections look unlikely to hit where I live right now unlike a few days ago. I hope it stays that way, but we'll probably be hit with heavy rain and strong winds. My prayers go out to those actually getting the worst of it.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
I live in Albuquerque and in the desert, pretty far away from the ocean. However, the wind might be intense tonight and there might be a lot of rainfall. I really hope Matthew doesn't end up being another Katrina. I also remember getting a lot of rainfall one time and the streets were like a rushing river.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Stay safe as best as you can. :C

Kounelli

Awards
Stay safe guys, I'm on the west coast prepping for earthquakes myself. What a horrible turn of events, I wish natural disasters never had to be a thing to worry about :/

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
As someone who stayed home and lived through hurricane Katrina, among others, I appreciate you making this thread, Aurora. I don't live in Florida and am out of reach of the storm, but for those of you who are in its path, be safe, be smart, and stay calm. I hope you all pull through okay.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Stay safe everyone! And I hope all of you can make it through okay. My thoughts and prayers are with you guys.

And I'm too far north in the states to be hit by weather like that except for the occasional tornado or thunderstorms.

Pandymint

Awards
Welp, I'm in the midlands of South Carolina, around Columbia. People are freaking out and swamping gas stations and grocery stores alike. Am I? Pfff, nope. I've got supplies, my car has gas, and I'm not one to panic.

Personally, I don't think my area will get much more than some wind and a lot of rain. The entire coast has been evacuated and all eastbound traffic on I-26 has been reversed. My parents' house is in a slightly more vulnerable area, and my mom is by herself, but I still don't think it will be that bad.

All I can say is that I've got my bourbon and cigarettes ready, and I am ready to ride this one out.

Everyone in the danger areas, be safe.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
My GP is in Florida, but gives no fucks. He refuses to evacuate. I'm still praying for him though and the rest of this community.

AuroraX

Awards
Popping in to let you all know I'm okay. The power didn't even go out, so that was a blessing. Hope everyone else did okay!

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
Many hurricanes happening lately!
Hope everyone's okay and safe!
Glad to hear you're okay AuroraX.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back