• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

TV ► Hulu vs Netflix

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
This isn't exactly a clash of the titans as the title suggests but rather a question of whether you have one or the other (or perhaps both). Very click-bait-y I know. I've been a customer of Netflix for about 5 years now I believe and I've always enjoyed their service and selection but recently I haven't been enjoying all it had to offer. I'll find some really awesome series here and there, along with some pretty cool one off documentaries and stuff like that but recently I've found that I'm rewatching a lot a series while I scroll through uninteresting titles or ones that just don't grab my attention in a way to make me give the first episode a chance.

I just recently (I mean yesterday) signed up for Hulu and already the diverse and up-to-date selection is appealing. The tv selection is incredible, the schedule of releases are great, and I like the personal customization a bit more than Netflix's. The anime selection, for those of you into that, is also pretty impressive with current and ongoing series as well as whole series available as opposed to a measly season or two.

I just wanted to know people's opinions on both platforms, if you have one or the other for any special or personal reason, and lastly (on a more self-serving note) what do you recommend for either? The problem with Netflix I had was the poor advertising for a lot of its content so I never really delved into anything. Hulu already has me on three separate binges.

I apologize if a thread like this already exists.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I mean, Netflix has the captain America movies while Hulu has the iron man movies so the thread is pretty solid in its accuracy

on topic, Netflix is my go to for originals and movies but Hulu has all the up to date TV and helped me watch rick and morty so I can't say. Netflix doesn't have the same amount of quality third party content but what it does have let's me watch without commercials like it's always sunny. I can't outright say ones better than the other, I think they're both nice to have but for people who can only afford one I'd recommend Hulu if they only watch TV and Netflix if they want a variety.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I'm into variety, so I prefer Netflix. I was able to discover a lot of great original tv shows on that site that I wouldn't be able to find anywhere else.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I use Netflix the most. And it's kind of an easy choice, since I no longer have a hulu subscription. xD

I'll admit Netflix's anime selection is decent at best, and gets changed every few months or so. Which can kind of suck if you were hooked on an anime and didn't get to see it all the way through to the end. BUT a lot of the time their anime is dubbed instead of subbed. And I consider that a plus because, that's how I first watched Black Butler. Whereas, Hulu has more variety in both television shows and anime. (Such as My Hero Academia and One Punch Man with subs. <3 I'm not sure if they ever gave the option for either one to be dubbed.) However, Hulu gives me way too much to look at all at once and it makes it harder to decide what to watch. Therefore, it's more of a turn off for me. Don't get me wrong, I like Hulu because it adds new seasons a whole lot more sooner than Netflix does. I like what it has to offer. But I like Netflix more because, it's easier to be more selective without too much thrown at you at once. And Netflix usually has some really good original shows like Stranger Things, Sense8. and ect. I also like to think Netflix has some shows that Hulu doesn't because, Hulu doesn't keep their shows around after a period of time either.

If I had to recommend one or the other, I'd say Netflix. Namely because it has variety along with some popular shows and original stuff. You can also get movies and ect through the mail. Hulu usually follows the most popular television shows and anime. I don't think Hulu offers anything beyond streaming.

Last edited:

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
I've used Netflix for most of my life. I've been watching and streaming from them nearly every single day. I've only started streaming with Hulu for only a few days. Both are quite interesting.

Hulu keeps shows up to date, which is a plus, and it's library is quite impressive. Meanwhile, Netflix has amazing original content I enjoy such as Voltron, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Daredevil, and upcoming shows to try out and binge. I also like Netflix's layout, even though their updates can be difficult to get used to sometimes.

I'd say both have great qualities, but I'll go with Netflix, as I would watch it more than Hulu.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
The way this is going I probably should have incorporated a poll of some sort lol

Truth be told, I've had Netflix longer than I've had most services and it's served me very well. I suppose the experience I've been having is that Netflix has a library that isn't as extensive but the variety is certainly there. I often found myself rewatching series, or choosing a select few things were as with Hulu I know there's a lot I'm going to look into. Netflix definitely has a lot of movies but once you've watched them your left either rewatching what you know is good or glossing over a lot because you're not sure what you'll be into and you don't want to risk wasting time on giving something a chance that won't be that great. But that may be more of a personal problem than a service issue!

Another thing I love about Netflix is it's original content for sure. And the very idea that Netflix has the potential or might someday have the potential to pick up a series that you feared would end forever is both exciting and comforting. I suppose since I've discovered Hulu quite recently, I'm just starry eyed at all the choices and solid choices at that. Plus having full series available is quite a plus. So many people go to streaming sites to get the content they have on Hulu, though I suppose the commercials would be a turn off for a few (it was for me, I totally went for the commerical-less plan)

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I use both a fair amount. HBO trumps both when the new season of GoT airs.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
I've used Netflix primarily over the years, with maybe a small bit of Hulu in there. What's kept me with Netflix more recently is the quality of their original shows. I find those series more enjoyable than practically anything I can get on any other service, whether it be original or not, and the other shows and features are icing on the cake. Netflix's deal to acquire recently released Disney movies would be a massive plus for me if I didn't typically buy them myself.

Pandymint

Awards
I use Netflix more, there's no doubt about that. But I use Hulu as well, because it has a surprising number of shows that I've never seen anywhere near Netflix. Only downside is ADS. But I don't feel like paying a couple more bucks for no ads. What can you do?

Harmonie

Crazy Woodwind Lady
Awards
Netflix has never impressed me, to be honest. I enjoy an occasional movie on it, and back when it had Doctor Who that was great. However, recently I've found that I haven't been using it at all. And to be honest, I've gotten tired of everyone telling me that it's the ultimate replacement for cable TV. It's not, at all.

I have never subscribed to Hulu, so I don't know about that one. I do think it would have a lot more I would watch, though. Back when it was free, I watched a lot of anime on there. IIRC, it keeps more updated on shows, which is a MUST.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back