• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How's everyone enjoying it?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
I sort of lost motivation to max Terra, Ventus, and Aqua's levels since it takes so long but I'm giving it another go again. I think I will max Aqua first.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
I think if you have a tough time getting motivated to max them, I'll just start with Ven and Terra because they are a lot easier to get to lv 99.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
I think if you have a tough time getting motivated to max them, I'll just start with Ven and Terra because they are a lot easier to get to lv 99.

I can do it with Terra. Ventus unfortunately was affected by the Radiant Garden battle level glitch.

dlppictures

Awards
Website
dlppictures.blogspot.dk
I'm not sure but one thing I've noticed is that lots of people has had glitches of one kind or another with 2.5. Mine is the more common one with the reversal in Xemnas' fight. It wont work.
Seeing as I do not own the HD versions, I can only comment on what I have heard from others or seen in videos.
It appears that if you use Limit Form in the first Xemnas battle in the English version (not in the Japanese version) you risk a chance of the game crashing, when Xemnas drains you and invites you to the Skyscraper.
I think Bizkit047 has a video where he shows and explains it.
[video=youtube;1zC_HMTRWFU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zC_HMTRWFU[/video]
I don't think I've ever had a glitch in 2 or 2fm or even in 2.5 I'm pretty sure
I do not remember experiencing glitches in 2 or 2FM either, but I know of a few.
There is a crash in all versions of KH2 (from JP to 2.5 Eng) when fighting the Experiment, I think it happens when being killed by the head's laser whilst doing the Reaction Command where you throw its torso around.
Another glitch I saw a viseo of, back when 2FM was only like a week or two old, showed Final Form Sora leaving CoR through the Garden of Assemblage, and when crossing the line on the floor indicating the switch from CoR to HB Sora fell through the floor. I have only seen that video once, but it made me so paranoid of falling through the floor, to this day I still jump when crossing that line, as to avoid falling through the floor.

In other news, I finally beat the final Nobody fight in CoR in my low level run (lvl 28), so I can try out the Data battles when I feel like dying.
Also I recently learned a new strategy vs LS to use if having trouble. Remove any and all Combo Plusses, equip Negative Combo and Fenrir, remove special finishers like Aerial Finisher and Magnet Splash, and with the proper timing you can stagger LS with an aerial finisher land on the ground jum and aerial finish him. If done correctly LS will never be able to break out of the finisher barrage.
I am probably not going to use that tactic ever again, unless doing a challenge run, but I thought it was a strategy that should at least be tried once.

Anagram

Banned
I've never had it crash but because the reversal is glitched and wont work I've had to resort to Limit Form to survive.

Precursor Mar

I've never had it crash but because the reversal is glitched and wont work I've had to resort to Limit Form to survive.

Reflectga spam, son.

images

hlc1988

Awards
Well while my PS4 was updating last night, I decided to give the Data Battles another go on Proud on my PS3. I still had Xemnas, Xigbar and Xaldin to defeat. And I got Xigbar, first try after giving up about a month ago. But Xaldin... still can't figure him out. Can get him down to alf health though after that he kills me. Haven't retried Xemnas but I have no problem getting to the second stage of the battle and then he kills me when you have to play as Riku. Seems to only be on the data battles that I can't do that bit... Strange really! But I am glad I got Xigbar! Maybe I will get Xaldin next!

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
Well while my PS4 was updating last night, I decided to give the Data Battles another go on Proud on my PS3. I still had Xemnas, Xigbar and Xaldin to defeat. And I got Xigbar, first try after giving up about a month ago. But Xaldin... still can't figure him out. Can get him down to alf health though after that he kills me. Haven't retried Xemnas but I have no problem getting to the second stage of the battle and then he kills me when you have to play as Riku. Seems to only be on the data battles that I can't do that bit... Strange really! But I am glad I got Xigbar! Maybe I will get Xaldin next!

With Zebra Mansex Final Xemnas, I literally just spammed Session with Riku near the second half of the battle when he would begin to use that attack that forces you to play as Riku in the first place. Not the most honorable way to win, but I was really tired of his crap and I needed to move on (he was the last one I needed to defeat) to Terra's Lingering Will.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
HOOOLLLLYYY HEEEECCCKKK! I finally did it! After almost half a year of trying, I finally defeated The Lingering Will on Critical Mode LV1! :D Holy smokes what a fight it was. My whole body was shaking and I felt that my heart nearly exploded. I managed to do a perfect run against him and did not take damage even once. I am probably a noob compared to the hardcore LV1 players since I used the loop tactic(not the Fenrir one, no way I`ll use that!), but even with that the fight is really hard, and million things can go wrong. Your bush one button too late and your dead. You don`t concentrate 100% of the time in the fight, your dead. LW starts using his glider and lasers, your dead. You forget that he counters after certain HP bars is down, your dead. You glide too far away in his desperation move phase and you can`t reach the corner of the map in time, your dead.
One the most hilarious and most frustrating fails was that I tuned into freaking Anti-Form. I was in the final phase again, and decided to try a tactic that utilizes Limit Form. I went into Limit Form and booom say hello to Anti-Sora! I cursed really loudly and just slumped down on my chair. I can`t even describe how pissed I was when it happened. I yelled so loudly that even my two sisters heard me and came into my room to see if I was okay. :D Aand after that I defeated the angriest armor I have ever seen.

I feel so freaking good about the victory, but dam that fight drained all of my energy.
tired.jpg

Did a few tries on Data-Axel on LV1 and got a few HP bars down. Once you start to learn the fight it becomes really fun. Man I am loving KH2FM so much! Just watching Sora move while in Master Form made me feel so cool and happy.

Also yes, use Session to evade the reaction command/we shall go together/Sora capture move if you wanna play it safe. Also if you time your reflega, guard or curaga right, the I-frames let you evade the move. Curing works when you have leaf bracer, since you don`t take damage during it, making you skip the move.
For Xaldin, try using the Guardian Soul Keyblade, since it raises the damage output of reaction commands. Also in the later phases you can try hovering in the air when he start to teleport. After a few teleports(something around 3-4) he does a move which you can block, and steal Jumps.
Congratulation for beating the sneaky Xigbar! :)

Last edited:

hlc1988

Awards
With Zebra Mansex Final Xemnas, I literally just spammed Session with Riku near the second half of the battle when he would begin to use that attack that forces you to play as Riku in the first place. Not the most honorable way to win, but I was really tired of his crap and I needed to move on (he was the last one I needed to defeat) to Terra's Lingering Will.

I might have to try Session then! If I can activate it in time!

I'm trying to 100% BBS as well, however I've played all my character files on Standard. However I won't be able to unlock the Tinity Trophy will I? I did have a Proud run through but I deleted it so I assume I cannot get that trophy now. Can I play Aqua in Proud mode and still get that trophy while using my Terra and Ven Standard files? I already have a Aqua Standard file to the end of the game but I can always redo her story if I have to. My ultimate aim is to 100% BBS regardless of difficulty but I'd rather avoid replaying all three character stories if I can since I've already 100% Terra and am well on the way to 100% Ventus!

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Speaking about Birth by Sleep, this might sound little weird, but I think Simple and Clean fits really as the opening song. In BBS Simple and Clean kinda made me think about the first KH game, and how that was s dive to a new magical and mysterious world which I knew nothing about. BBS kinda gave the same feeling. The only things I knew about that game were that it was set into the past and the main characters names. So in way as I watched the opening movie and listened Simple and Clean it was a similar dive into mysterious journey, only this time the destination was the past of the series.

The amount of symbolism and foreshadowing in the opening movie is also really cool in my opinion. How Terra`s eyes turn yellow and as he falls represents his downfall and how his body in the end is possessed(I know big part of that was in the secret ending but). Ventus falling after the Heart Station shatters is a really beautiful scene, and that symbolizes how he is the "broken boy who failed to be the blade". I have wondered if the Kingdom Key and the Souleater shattering the station has significance? Maybe the Kingdom Key represents Ventus light side, and the Souleater his dark side, Vanitas? Aqua`s way of falling in the opening cinematic is similar to the way she falls to the Realm of Darkness, so maybe it connects to that? Also, Aqua watches Ventus Heart Station, so maybe that links to the point on how Aqua took Ven to safety, and how she was the last to see him? These things might be obvious and talked to death already here, but I really wanted to write about them. There is probably a whole bunch of other connections and symbolism that I am missing.

I also really like how in BBS the cloth designs is rather different. It looks far more traditional and old compared to the KH1/2 ones, and that fits it really well since it`s ten years in the past. Also the trio this time having Latin inspired names gives and old feeling, since the language is rather old.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
I might have to try Session then! If I can activate it in time!

I'm trying to 100% BBS as well, however I've played all my character files on Standard. However I won't be able to unlock the Tinity Trophy will I? I did have a Proud run through but I deleted it so I assume I cannot get that trophy now. Can I play Aqua in Proud mode and still get that trophy while using my Terra and Ven Standard files? I already have a Aqua Standard file to the end of the game but I can always redo her story if I have to. My ultimate aim is to 100% BBS regardless of difficulty but I'd rather avoid replaying all three character stories if I can since I've already 100% Terra and am well on the way to 100% Ventus!

I'm not exactly one for 100%ing everything, even for the Kingdom Hearts universe. Still, you may have to at least 100% Aqua's mostly to be safe.

Speaking about Birth by Sleep, this might sound little weird, but I think Simple and Clean fits really as the opening song. In BBS Simple and Clean kinda made me think about the first KH game, and how that was s dive to a new magical and mysterious world which I knew nothing about. BBS kinda gave the same feeling. The only things I knew about that game were that it was set into the past and the main characters names. So in way as I watched the opening movie and listened Simple and Clean it was a similar dive into mysterious journey, only this time the destination was the past of the series.

The amount of symbolism and foreshadowing in the opening movie is also really cool in my opinion. How Terra`s eyes turn yellow and as he falls represents his downfall and how his body in the end is possessed(I know big part of that was in the secret ending but). Ventus falling after the Heart Station shatters is a really beautiful scene, and that symbolizes how he is the "broken boy who failed to be the blade". I have wondered if the Kingdom Key and the Souleater shattering the station has significance? Maybe the Kingdom Key represents Ventus light side, and the Souleater his dark side, Vanitas? Aqua`s way of falling in the opening cinematic is similar to the way she falls to the Realm of Darkness, so maybe it connects to that? Also, Aqua watches Ventus Heart Station, so maybe that links to the point on how Aqua took Ven to safety, and how she was the last to see him? These things might be obvious and talked to death already here, but I really wanted to write about them. There is probably a whole bunch of other connections and symbolism that I am missing.

I also really like how in BBS the cloth designs is rather different. It looks far more traditional and old compared to the KH1/2 ones, and that fits it really well since it`s ten years in the past. Also the trio this time having Latin inspired names gives and old feeling, since the language is rather old.

I've noticed that trend lately. Dream Drop Distance does the exact same thing with how the characters popped in throughout. Come to think of it, Re:coded even managed this in its opening despite it only being a clip opening. Notice how right before the scene ends, the last thing we see isn't technically Kairi, but Namine?

EDIT: Also, CONGRATS!!! You finally did that metal thing in on Level 1 Critical Mode!

To celebrate, here's a gif off of Street Sharks (let's see how many people remember that show :p)

giphy.gif

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
I've noticed that trend lately. Dream Drop Distance does the exact same thing with how the characters popped in throughout. Come to think of it, Re:coded even managed this in its opening despite it only being a clip opening. Notice how right before the scene ends, the last thing we see isn't technically Kairi, but Namine?

EDIT: Also, CONGRATS!!! You finally did that metal thing in on Level 1 Critical Mode!

To celebrate, here's a gif off of Street Sharks (let's see how many people remember that show :p)

giphy.gif

Yeah. If you stop to look at the pages they contain pictures of the characters. Like all of the different stories were now finally coming together. The Namine thing was pretty cool also.

Thank you! :) I am not sure if I ever saw the Street Sharks show when I was a kid, but I remember having a Street Shark toy thou.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
Dang...if you did that on Critical mode on just level 1. I still feel hopeless about going through the Data Battles. I was only able to defeat three of them.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
Yeah. If you stop to look at the pages they contain pictures of the characters. Like all of the different stories were now finally coming together. The Namine thing was pretty cool also.

Thank you! :) I am not sure if I ever saw the Street Sharks show when I was a kid, but I remember having a Street Shark toy thou.

Not a problem. :p

Dang...if you did that on Critical mode on just level 1. I still feel hopeless about going through the Data Battles. I was only able to defeat three of them.

Don't feel too bad, man. All it takes is some practice if my memories of playing that game on Critical are anything to go by, but that feeling of satisfaction is well worth it.

'Course, I say this when I haven't done a Level 1 run of the game...

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards

Oh it took me a few weeks to beat them all when I faced them the firs time normally. You just need to keep on trying and trying, memorizing things from the bosses, their attacks and etc... Do not feel lost or hopeless!
You were brave enough to face the horror known as the gummi ship mission, something I still havent done to this day. :D

hlc1988

Awards
I'm not exactly one for 100%ing everything, even for the Kingdom Hearts universe. Still, you may have to at least 100% Aqua's mostly to be safe.

Well, I've decided to just continue on Standard and when I play BBS on Critical eventually I will then go for 100% again then as well. I've learned Thunder Surge is my best friend when it comes to the arena battles. As well as for Aqua Triple Firaga!

laddyboy12

Love the Final Mix version of KH2, but realized that I didn't like KH2 as a whole as much as I once thought I did. KH2 used to be my favorite game, but I dunno, after playing through KH1 and going straight into KH2 it just feels more...bland. Still like KH2, but not as much as I used to.

Extremely enjoying my play through on critical mode with Aqua. Never tried critical mode before and it's awesome.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
Well, I've decided to just continue on Standard and when I play BBS on Critical eventually I will then go for 100% again then as well. I've learned Thunder Surge is my best friend when it comes to the arena battles. As well as for Aqua Triple Firaga!

Believe me, Thunder Surge is absurdly broken in this game, especially when you're trying to activate Rhythm Mixer. It's also the most obvious tactic to use against Trollenort in his Super Boss encounter at the Land of Departure.

Love the Final Mix version of KH2, but realized that I didn't like KH2 as a whole as much as I once thought I did. KH2 used to be my favorite game, but I dunno, after playing through KH1 and going straight into KH2 it just feels more...bland. Still like KH2, but not as much as I used to.

Extremely enjoying my play through on critical mode with Aqua. Never tried critical mode before and it's awesome.

A lot of people, myself included, feel that Kingdom Hearts II was focusing more on style over substance while making the substance as convoluted as possible. It's not a terrible game by any means, but after the wow factor from playing it for the first time wears off, you recognize that the game has some flaws. Final Mix does try to rectify this and is, IMO, an infinitely better experience than vanilla Kingdom Hearts II, but neither compare to the scope of the first game.

And yes, Critical Mode as Aqua is a lot of fun! The game forces you to play strategically to make up for her lack of strength early game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back