• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How's everyone enjoying it?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anagram

Banned
Alright so level 1 run update.

KH1

I'm still in traverse town. I restarted and chose Staff and forsook the shield deciding to prioritize magic and physical damage. I saw no point in the shield since two hits will be my death throughout the game and since I can't get the shields more benefiting abilities.

Currently trying to raise money to get an item to reduce dark damage by 20%. No way am I tackling that armor boss on level one with out some item boosts.

KH2

Still on Roxas' prologue. Nothing much to report.

BBS (Aqua)

Currently within the Castle of Dreams. Mostly trying to build my commands up. Of the three this one is naturally proving the least difficult thanks to BBS's heavily broken and easily advantage taken system.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
Does having over 150 Defense on stats help against the Data Battles? I know for a fact it doesn't help for Lingering Will but it helps.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
So I've been trying to defeat Vanitas Lingering Spirit... has anyone got any good strategy for that fight? Terra is at level 48. I'm still getting creamed by him.

And I'm still struggling with the Mirage Arena Keepers of the Arena battle as well. I am trying to 100% all the characters and I'm nearly there with Terra I think. But it is so difficult.
load your command deck with 2/3 strike raid, 1/3 cure spells, dash over and give him a love tap so he doesn't shadow you and go behind the big rock. it might take a few tries to get there but once you make it, the battle's cake. i recommend second chance/once more are equipped.

Emperor

Does having over 150 Defense on stats help against the Data Battles? I know for a fact it doesn't help for Lingering Will but it helps.

I think it depends on your abilities. If you have Second Chance and Once More, having that high of a defense stat should make it so the Datas kill you in 3 hits. If you don't have these abilities, I think you'll still die in only 1-2 hits.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
I think it depends on your abilities. If you have Second Chance and Once More, having that high of a defense stat should make it so the Datas kill you in 3 hits. If you don't have these abilities, I think you'll still die in only 1-2 hits.

At my current point of the game. I'm currently at level 99. I think I'm just going to go for the extra 100 defense up and not worry much about strength if that's a good idea.

Emperor

At my current point of the game. I'm currently at level 99. I think I'm just going to go for the extra 100 defense up and not worry much about strength if that's a good idea.

As long as you're familiar with the bosses and have the patience for them, strength doesn't really matter. Defense gives you opportunities to comeback from mistakes in the harder difficulties, so it's a good idea, especially if you're already lvl 99. You should do a decent enough amount of damage already.

Anagram

Banned
I got past the guard armor in KH1 level 1. I only died once to my surprise. I died plenty more from just soldiers while I was trying to gather munny though.
Got past Axel in Roxas' part of KH2 on level 1 as well.

Just waitin for the difficulty of both to spike even higher.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
As long as you're familiar with the bosses and have the patience for them, strength doesn't really matter. Defense gives you opportunities to comeback from mistakes in the harder difficulties, so it's a good idea, especially if you're already lvl 99. You should do a decent enough amount of damage already.

Yea, unless you are really committed to get the defense to the max, the odds are if you get stuck in a Larxene/Marluxia combo you'll be down to 1 HP anyways so w/e.

Emperor

Yea, unless you are really committed to get the defense to the max, the odds are if you get stuck in a Larxene/Marluxia combo you'll be down to 1 HP anyways so w/e.

Increasing strength just makes them break out of your own combos faster though. For me being able to take at least three hits really helped me against the Datas. I've never worried about getting hit by combos since most enemy bosses telegraphy when they’re about to do them anyway. Larxene’s lightning is the exception, but even then, Reflectga stops the entire thing cold. It’s different for different players though, so it’s really up to him.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
Increasing strength just makes them break out of your own combos faster though. For me being able to take at least three hits really helped me against the Datas. I've never worried about getting hit by combos since most enemy bosses telegraphy when they’re about to do them anyway. Larxene’s lightning is the exception, but even then, Reflectga stops the entire thing cold. It’s different for different players though, so it’s really up to him.

I noticed with Larxene. You can raise the a Lighting Resistance and her attacks get so weak. The only problem is her speed.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
I got past the guard armor in KH1 level 1. I only died once to my surprise. I died plenty more from just soldiers while I was trying to gather munny though.
Got past Axel in Roxas' part of KH2 on level 1 as well.

Just waitin for the difficulty of both to spike even higher.

That was one thing that I noticed. Sometimes, I would have a harder time with regular mooks instead of bosses. I think we're just psychologically more careful against bosses since we've been conditioned to think that they hit harder whereas we tend to think, "Ah, a couple of mooks. We'll be fine!" only to be steamrolled in the process.

I noticed with Larxene. You can raise the a Lighting Resistance and her attacks get so weak. The only problem is her speed.

That speed is the sole reason why there really isn't much of a strategy for her other than spam Reflega and Limit Form. She's easy to take down once you know what to do, but it's still very easy to accidentally lose that momentum. Keep a couple of potions and ethers and the battle is yours. Just don't waste the Elixers or her. Those are better kept for Xemnas and Terra.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
I think it's just KH bosses are notorious for their obvious patterns (which is why LW is so tough) so you can just start memorizing and not have to worry about randomness.

Can't really do that in a heartless swarm.

Emperor

That was one thing that I noticed. Sometimes, I would have a harder time with regular mooks instead of bosses. I think we're just psychologically more careful against bosses since we've been conditioned to think that they hit harder whereas we tend to think, "Ah, a couple of mooks. We'll be fine!" only to be steamrolled in the process.

That's normally how I would get killed in these play-throughs. Olympus Coliseum in KH1 teaches you to respect these guys though. Still have nightmares about that place.

Anagram

Banned

I think it's just KH bosses are notorious for their obvious patterns (which is why LW is so tough) so you can just start memorizing and not have to worry about randomness.

Can't really do that in a heartless swarm.

Both are probably true. It's especially easier now that I got dodge roll. I find the lack of Scan on KH1lvl1 annoying though.

hlc1988

Awards
Wow I just took down Armour of Eraqus in Lights Lessons. My strategy... spam thunder surge and fire surge and shotlocks when I could. Also two Curagas. Wow. Can't believe I did that... Just need to do the last Arena battle, plus Vanitas Lingering Spirit and Mysterious Man battles and then I will have 100% Terra! Then I've got to repeat the feat as Ventus and Aqua...

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
Now I got to grind for Mythril Crystals...bah

Ugh. I remember that part of the game. Constantly grinding up materials for those things. Listening to different music or having something else playing in the background usually helps to ease the tedium.

Both are probably true. It's especially easier now that I got dodge roll. I find the lack of Scan on KH1lvl1 annoying though.

You would think that the ReMIX version of that game would automatically give it to you if you have the No Experience ability...thing equipped. Birth by Sleep got it right by giving it to the trio automatically...

Wow I just took down Armour of Eraqus in Lights Lessons. My strategy... spam thunder surge and fire surge and shotlocks when I could. Also two Curagas. Wow. Can't believe I did that... Just need to do the last Arena battle, plus Vanitas Lingering Spirit and Mysterious Man battles and then I will have 100% Terra! Then I've got to repeat the feat as Ventus and Aqua...

Thunder Surge was literally the best way that I was able to deal with most of the Super Bosses. The only exception to that was Vanitas' Lingering Sentiment where (as Terra, at least) I simply whacked him with my strongest offensive keyblade and only used Thunder Surge on the last hit for the invincibility frames. If you have Rhythm Mixer, then it's final command is also a surefire way to deal the most damage to No Heart. Just don't use it on the Mysterious Troll; he has gained health back from it before when I used it on him as Ventus.

Anagram

Banned
You would think that the ReMIX version of that game would automatically give it to you if you have the No Experience ability...thing equipped. Birth by Sleep got it right by giving it to the trio automatically...

You'd think but nope. KH2 also gave it automatically.

I finally got to Olympus on level 1 today. The Wonderland boss gave me a bit of trouble since he's so damn hard to reach. Now the arena matches are proving a little difficult.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back