• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How's everyone enjoying it?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Wow...I'd imagine if he had his strength and defense up over 130 something or max at 150. It'd be even quicker taking him out.

Yeah. It would speed up the process quite a bit. Imagine the damage output with Fenrir, maxed out strength and with Limits Forms Zantetsuken finisher. If he first chipped away Terra`s armor, the unleashed the finisher, it would take whole bars of HP out. Maybe even more if he does a long ground combo, and utilizes Decisive Pumpkings combo boost ability. That would be quite a show. :D

Awards
There isn`t any particular strategy. :)
What abilities you have? I highly suggest that you get once more and second change for that fight. That boss can kill you really fast with it`s attacks, like you noticed. Terra`s dodge is also the worst from the trio, so that might also have an effect on your performance. So get those abilities I mentioned, try to watch the bosses moves, block, use shot locks, everything at your disposal.

Thanks for the help!

Of course after I post that I decide to fight again and win easily. xD I think I may be a bit overleveled now though because I beat Braig afterwards as well with no issues. Oops.

Gull Wing

Awards
I finally managed to S rank the whole Mushroom XIII :wink: now onto rebattling the actual Organization XIII... managed only Larxene and Laexus so far, I'm gonna need to look up some tips because it seems I just don't understand how to go about defeating Zexion, I keep getting stuck inside that dark world thingy.

I also beat Sephiroth a few days ago (something I had never done in the original KH2), but I literally just spammed Reflect and he killed himself so it didn't feel much of an accomplishment, haha.

Anagram

Banned
So right now I'm doing level one goes on KH2 and BBS (Aqua & Terra) and as expected the BBS is far easier. The magic mirror in the queens castle gave me a bit of trouble but I don't have once more or second chance yet.
BBS definitely seems tweaked as well. You do more damage and can take a helluva lot more up to a point. The BBS melding system is so broken regularly but level one playthrough shows it most.

I got a magnet from a command board and melded it into a mangera and that has let me blast past lesser enemies. It's still fun though regardless. :smile:
It's easier than KH2's version but you will find yourself dying.

Basically what you do, is that you hit him only with combo finishers. Air finishers to be more accurate. You can stagger him so he won`t hit you back.

Here is a video were the strategy is explained in more detail:
[video=youtube;j2WhSKV292s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2WhSKV292s[/video]
Welp I know what I'm using for my rematch later. I've already beat him but after all these years I've won only twice and been frustrated far more. It's time for some troll revenge.
f-evilgrin.gif

It's a shame it doesn't work on level one though.

Last edited:

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
Wow, nice tips! :D And yes, I knew about the fire floor.

I almost, ALMOST had him when he did the overtaker thing over and over while I was in Limit form overusing too much of AA and I died from one of them! D: I could feel my heartbeat thumping inside me and I knew I was so freaking close to beating his little flame butt!

On the flip side, I did beat Xigbar without worry. ^_^ Simply block and Refectga the shots then follow it up with one attack then HS over and over (it helps to have the Ultima Weapon then Curaga to keep the Berserk Charge going with HS). I nearly died when he did his DM but lucky enough, Donald had the mind to heal me at the last second! :D

Of course, I decided to take a break by playing a bit of BBS on Critical Mode. ^_^

Glad you took down everyone's favorite dude who is "not just any old dude" without any problem. :) He was ironically one of the easier ones for me due to how surprisingly straightforward his battle was.

I feel like a really old man trying to get with the times lol.

Don't worry, man. The command meld system is a bit of a pain to get used to and it seems overwhelming, but believe me when I say that it can be extremely rewarding.

Question for everyone.

I'm playing BBS as all three characters going through the worlds at the same time. I'm in Radiant Garden right now and I'm really having a problem with the Guard Armor-like thingy (I know it's not Guard Armor but the one where you fight with Terra, Ven and Aqua). I beat it without any issues with Ven and Aqua but with Terra...I'm really struggling with it. It's literally killing me in 2-3 hits every time I try to fight it. And it's not because I'm underleveled because I'm at a higher level with Terra than I was with Ven or Aqua...

Is there some secret strategy that I have to use to beat this thing with Terra that wasn't necessary with Ven and Aqua? Or do I just suck? :p

hemmoheikkinen essentially said everything that you needed to know. While Once More and Second Chance may seem like a pain to get and level up, they're definitely worth it for the battle as well as for the game long term.

Any advice for Marluxia, Vexen, Larxene, and Lexaeus Right now, I rather get Second Chance and wait until I get Final, then I will destroy them.

finished all the second visits minus the final Hollow Bastion visit. But made progress now that I have a TV now.

Marluxia's Absent Silhouette is bar none the most difficult of the five. All I can really say is that you must guard strategically (and remember to do so the instant the battle starts) and use Reflect whenever needed. Don't worry about health too much since most attacks will 1 hit KO you unless you have Second Chance and Once More (I picked the sword, so I didn't at the time). Also, by guarding after he summons the rose petals and attacks with a flurry, you can either get a Reaction Command that restores your life counter or one that deals damage depending on where you are facing when it appears. Ironically, I consider his Data Battle to be the easiest.

For Larxene, all I can really recommend is to constantly spam Reflect when in a bind. Limit Form helps quite a bit as well.

Zexion's battle is actually fairly easy so long as you can avoid getting hit by his meteors and have Reflect on your side. Just attack him relentlessly once your warped back to the islands and you should be fine.

Vexen is a pain. Reflect when he uses that one ice move that freezes you and requires you to mash triangle to get out. Also, take out his Anti-Sora clones as soon as they appear for the Absent Silhouette battle. Use liberal use of Reflect and Fire magic to take him down.

Lexeaus is admittedly one where I needed Peter Pan to help me the first time around. That being said, he only helps for so much. Just guard where necessary so that you can use the Reaction Command to get some of his increased power. Also, Dodge Roll helps.

Yes!! I did it. I defeated Sephiroth on my LV1 playtrhough! Dam it was hard and brutal, but fun. Just learn to dodge and guard his attacks, and this fight can be beaten. I read that his second phase is the hardest, but the most trouble I encountered was in his third phase. He starts teleporting and I had a hard time predicting his moves. His meteor attack is easy to dodge, but dam it still is a scary attack.

Next will be the Cavern and then someday I will try to challenge the Lingerin Will. I have no idea how to beat him with these settings. He is deadly while you fight against him normally, so he will be an absolute nightmare on LV1. There is a Fenrir trick that you can use to beat him easily, but I`m not using that.

Awesome! Glad to hear you took him down. :)

So right now I'm doing level one goes on KH2 and BBS (Aqua & Terra) and as expected the BBS is far easier. The magic mirror in the queens castle gave me a bit of trouble but I don't have once more or second chance yet.
BBS definitely seems tweaked as well. You do more damage and can take a helluva lot more up to a point. The BBS melding system is so broken regularly but level one playthrough shows it most.

I got a magnet from a command board and melded it into a mangera and that has let me blast past lesser enemies. It's still fun though regardless. :smile:
It's easier than KH2's version but you will find yourself dying.

Welp I know what I'm using for my rematch later. I've already beat him but after all these years I've won only twice and been frustrated far more. It's time for some troll revenge.
f-evilgrin.gif

It's a shame it doesn't work on level one though.

I'm completely with you here. Terra's Lingering Sentiment was a severe pain in the neck! I'd love the chance to troll him after the crap he gave me as well. :p

Roxie1563

Actress/Healer in Persona: Icebound
Awards
Glad you took down everyone's favorite dude who is "not just any old dude" without any problem. :) He was ironically one of the easier ones for me due to how surprisingly straightforward his battle was.

Don't worry, man. The command meld system is a bit of a pain to get used to and it seems overwhelming, but believe me when I say that it can be extremely rewarding.

hemmoheikkinen essentially said everything that you needed to know. While Once More and Second Chance may seem like a pain to get and level up, they're definitely worth it for the battle as well as for the game long term.

Marluxia's Absent Silhouette is bar none the most difficult of the five. All I can really say is that you must guard strategically (and remember to do so the instant the battle starts) and use Reflect whenever needed. Don't worry about health too much since most attacks will 1 hit KO you unless you have Second Chance and Once More (I picked the sword, so I didn't at the time). Also, by guarding after he summons the rose petals and attacks with a flurry, you can either get a Reaction Command that restores your life counter or one that deals damage depending on where you are facing when it appears. Ironically, I consider his Data Battle to be the easiest.

For Larxene, all I can really recommend is to constantly spam Reflect when in a bind. Limit Form helps quite a bit as well.

Zexion's battle is actually fairly easy so long as you can avoid getting hit by his meteors and have Reflect on your side. Just attack him relentlessly once your warped back to the islands and you should be fine.

Vexen is a pain. Reflect when he uses that one ice move that freezes you and requires you to mash triangle to get out. Also, take out his Anti-Sora clones as soon as they appear for the Absent Silhouette battle. Use liberal use of Reflect and Fire magic to take him down.

Lexeaus is admittedly one where I needed Peter Pan to help me the first time around. That being said, he only helps for so much. Just guard where necessary so that you can use the Reaction Command to get some of his increased power. Also, Dodge Roll helps.

Awesome! Glad to hear you took him down. :)

I'm completely with you here. Terra's Lingering Sentiment was a severe pain in the neck! I'd love the chance to troll him after the crap he gave me as well. :p

Haha, I know right? I suppose he's the easiest fight to handle when it comes to blocking his shots. Plus it did help to keep him on a loop so he won't do the DM (Granted, he did use his DM, but that was when I was close to dying. (Thank you, Donald!) ).

I think I'll try my shot again at Axel someday soon. I'm too busy playing BBS to do that. :3

rawpower

King of the Wild Frontier
Awards
So I started playing BBS now and I have to say that the camera is a little... odd. I like how we have control over it but there's something just kind of weird about it. It's like... too zoomed in? I didn't remember it feeling the way it does on here like it did on the PSP. Did anyone else have this feeling?

Anagram

Banned
So I started playing BBS now and I have to say that the camera is a little... odd. I like how we have control over it but there's something just kind of weird about it. It's like... too zoomed in? I didn't remember it feeling the way it does on here like it did on the PSP. Did anyone else have this feeling?

I did at first since I was adjusting from what I remember of the psp to a bigger screen. I found it helped to adjust the controls to my personal taste like reversing the right/left.

Picklepaige

Awards
Does anyone have a clear cut answer on how to get all the secret...things in Birth by Sleep? I hear different answers everywhere I go. I think in the original Final Mix you couldn't access Blank Points in beginner mode, but in 2.5 it implies that you can. And for standard mode, no one seems to know if you actually have to complete the entire Trinity Reports in order to access the secret ending (with Aqua fighting the big jaguar heartless thing) or if you just have to collect all the Xehanort reports and defeat 9999 unversed.

What I'm wondering, is, in THIS version of Birth by Sleep final mix, how, on STANDARD mode, do you unlock:

1. Final Episode
2. Blank Points
3. Secret Episode

Thank you in advance to anyone who can give me an answer to this!

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards

I'm playing it for the first time and that's the first thing I noticed. KH1 view was closer than KH2 and BBS was more zoomed in.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Does anyone have a clear cut answer on how to get all the secret...things in Birth by Sleep? I hear different answers everywhere I go. I think in the original Final Mix you couldn't access Blank Points in beginner mode, but in 2.5 it implies that you can. And for standard mode, no one seems to know if you actually have to complete the entire Trinity Reports in order to access the secret ending (with Aqua fighting the big jaguar heartless thing) or if you just have to collect all the Xehanort reports and defeat 9999 unversed.

What I'm wondering, is, in THIS version of Birth by Sleep final mix, how, on STANDARD mode, do you unlock:

1. Final Episode
2. Blank Points
3. Secret Episode

Thank you in advance to anyone who can give me an answer to this!

I remember this was discussed on another thread, so I will quote myself:
Beginner: Not Possible

Normal: To unlock Secret Episode, and Final Episode, you have to complete the journal 100%. All bosses, MX reports, stickers etc... You have to do this with every character.

Proud: All Xehanorts reports collected, and beaten all three stories.

Critical: For me the last episode unlocked when I completed all three stories, and then I collected Xehanort`s reports. The Secret Episode unlocked when I finished Final Episode.

Hope this helps!

So yeah normal is standard mode, and yes you have to complete everything for every character. No any specific order is required, just complete them. Though that is easier said than done. To unlock the Secret Episode, you have complete the Final Episode first.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
I remember this was discussed on another thread, so I will quote myself:

So yeah normal is standard mode, and yes you have to complete everything for every character. No any specific order is required, just complete them. Though that is easier said than done. To unlock the Secret Episode, you have complete the Final Episode first.

This is why I'm trying BBS on Critical. All I have to do is beat the game to get the Final and Secret Episodes. I've completed the journal in KH1FM and 2FM but completing the BBS one with every character? Which includes finishing all the mini games and secret bosses (MF... I can't beat him with all three characters ;-;)? No thank you.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
This is why I'm trying BBS on Critical. All I have to do is beat the game to get the Final and Secret Episodes. I've completed the journal in KH1FM and 2FM but completing the BBS one with every character? Which includes finishing all the mini games and secret bosses (MF... I can't beat him with all three characters ;-;)? No thank you.

I luckily started my BBS run on Critical, so the extra episodes unlocked easily also for me. It is an insane amount of work that you have to do even to 100% one characters journal. It is even more harder to do with all of them. I also think I would never beat MF or Vanitas with Terra. :(

Last edited:

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
What do you guys leave for me. This is the first time I'm breathing air from BBS and starting critical...so unaware lol.

Cosmic+Amarna

Phantom Gigaplex
Ugh, I should have looked that up first. I'm not going to 100% everything but I want the final and secret episodes. I just got to Deep Space with Terra and this is my first HD BBSFM play thru. I'm strongly considering restarting now.

I felt/feel the same way about the camera in BBS. I'd have to pop in 1.5 to see if it's the same but after playing KHIIFM it definitely felt weird at first.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
I think I said earlier how I did not mind how they changed some of Roxas battle quotes. They didn`t bother me when I was playing as Roxas, but the did bother when I was fighting him in The World That Never Was. I think McCartey had a lot more aggression in his Roxas quotes, and that adds to the feeling of the fight so much. Ven`s aren`t nearly as aggressive. :( I know this is a little thing, but dang I like the original battle quotes so much more.

Anagram

Banned
I finally made it to the Hercules world today on level one. I have died so many times now and Mickey has saved me many more. lol
Shan Yu in particular was very brutal for me.

Wander

I think I said earlier how I did not mind how they changed some of Roxas battle quotes. They didn`t bother me when I was playing as Roxas, but the did bother when I was fighting him in The World That Never Was. I think McCartey had a lot more aggression in his Roxas quotes, and that adds to the feeling of the fight so much. Ven`s aren`t nearly as aggressive. :( I know this is a little thing, but dang I like the original battle quotes so much more.

Yeah, I agree. I've just watched a video of someone doing the fight and I really think his original battle quotes fit the battle better. He sounded so incredibly angry in the original and you can also hear the frustration in his grunts whenever he gets hit, as if he took Axel's death really hard and this is him taking it out on Sora. The Ven quotes kind of ruin it tbh, it doesn't fit the context of the fight, he's supposed to be pissed the hell off and the original perfectly reflected that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back