• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How's everyone enjoying it?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I was wondering what was up with him regaining HP at times. The shotlock that worked best for me was Bio Barrage. I also read about the abilities thing. I'll try again tomorrow when I have got my patience back.

Btw, this may be a dumb question...but do you have to fight VS and MF as all three characters...?

He actually has two ways to regain HP, either by rewinding time (then even the music runs backwards) or by using renewal block.
Yea, Bio Barrage and Thunderstorm work best as they have the lowest overall lock on count, but there's always the danger of him using Renewal block mid-attack.

If you're aiming for 100% Report completion then yes as each character has an entry for facing the secret bosses.
MF with Terra is truly a pain. I remember dying over 70 times when playing on the PSP until I finally got this sucker with Terra.
Aqua has the advantage of her barrier for defense while Ventus is very fast and nimble, but Terra has really the short stick with this boss.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I couldn't even imagine having tried to do these on the PSP, I would've thrown it across the room. Not to go on a soap box, but I hate when game-makers give you secret bosses that are near-impossible to beat. I can understand/even enjoy hard ones like Sephiroth or the Data Org. Members (although Xemnas was a little too difficult), but this is ridiculous.

Although I think I could eventually beat MF with Aqua, I might end up moving on anyway because I really doubt beating him with Terra will be possible for me.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I couldn't even imagine having tried to do these on the PSP, I would've thrown it across the room. Not to go on a soap box, but I hate when game-makers give you secret bosses that are near-impossible to beat. I can understand/even enjoy hard ones like Sephiroth or the Data Org. Members (although Xemnas was a little too difficult), but this is ridiculous.

Although I think I could eventually beat MF with Aqua, I might end up moving on anyway because I really doubt beating him with Terra will be possible for me.

I haven't yet started BBS on PS3 so I can really only speak about the PSP-version, lol.
That's the thing with the two different kinds of superbosses KH has used so far.
The first type has strong and dangerous bosses that require a sound tactic and calm hand to beat them, the main danger coming from either messing up the strategy or going all out offensive with guns blazing and then getting your ass handed to you. Sephiroth, the data Org-battles, Julius in DDD and most of the superbosses in KH 1 are from this type.

The second type however are bosses so powerful and strong that the only "strategy" is to survive as long as possible and exploit the few openings available to unleash an attack of your own, hoping that you don't mess up a dodge and hit with enough of your own attacks to eventually wear the boss down.
Both Vanitas' Remnant and Mysterious Figure (and I think the Lingering Will in KH 2 FM too) are of the latter type which can lead to some frustration with players as a certain amount of the question if these bosses can be beaten or not seems to be luck-based as well as requiring not really any "skill" other than dodging and timing attacks.

Believe me, all the secret bosses in BBS are a bitch with Terra due to his rather underwhelming movement abilities.
Ventus can simply outrun/outdodge nearly everything with his agility while Aqua simply blocks nearly everything with her barrier, but Terra? Nope...

Master_Aqua

I never claimed that it won't work, however the "rock strategy" is nothing but exploiting the AI and thus akin to cheating, hence why I provided a strategy with which the boss can be beaten without resorting to cheap tricks.

The normal dodge abilities are preferable in general against bosses because they have more invincibility frames. The extended dodges which also do damage may work for regular enemies, but against bosses the damage is forgettable and the shorter invincibility hurts.
Or the other way around: If you want Aqua and Ven to have a crappy dodge like Terra, equip their "advanced" dodge abilities. ;P

Shotlocks only work against the Figure if you do 3 to 4 lock ons maximum.
Not only does he try to avoid the target cursor, he also can use renewal block in the middle of a shotlock attack, making any hits beyond the fourth actually heal him instead of doing damage.
Fire and Thunder Surge are indeed the most effective, they can even serve as another pseudo-dodge as they cover a lot of ground. Aqua can also bring along Barrier Surge.
I read somewhere that Ventus' Wingblade is also rather effective against him, but I couldn't yet test that strategy out.

I don't know about these, the only thing I heard regarding such "tricks" is that the fewer abilities you have equipped, the fewer strong attacks he uses.

Yeah sorry I accidentally clicked to quote you, my bad. Yes I know it's a cheap tactic at at least it gets the job done ;).
Normal dodges are better for bosses, that is true.

Well on the PSP version surprisingly I can beat the MF very easily with Aqua. My command deck is: Two curagas, unison rush, one thunder, fire, and barrier surge. When he turns invisible I would recommend to use Mickey's strongest and highest upgrade for the D-Links. He has an ability called Auto-Recovery that when you're attacked, you will do some sort of flash that teleports you so that attacks won't hurt you (and it's automatic). That usually solves the invisible part for me. Unison rush deals great damage and is useful in certain times when he attempts to attack you.

Plus, I have Aqua at level 72 so...... use the normal cartwheel of course. Usually after you attack him double jump (Aqua, you might also want to occasionally jump in this fight.... maybe) so that his whip thing won't get you. Use one surge at a time, not twice, that will cost you your life. For Keyblades, either use Ultima Weapon or Void Gear (Vanitas Remnant). Always keep him locked on and you usually won't use your keyblade In this fight. Block as well. Have the highest finisher. To defeat his clones, block them and counter them.

This is all want I can recall for the moment. perhaps there is more and if there is, I'll let you know ^_^.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
A funny note, that when Mysterious Figure rewinds time, you can`t even pause the game. Kinda tells you have powerless you are against this attack.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
I finished playing the Gummi Missions last week. Started watching Re Coded and probably will FINALLY start on BBS even though I still have one more playthrough to go for KH2.

The Dark Mamba

Awards
I love that childish enthusiasm I get when I take out Sephiroth, especially when I take him out at a low level and without Second Chance. Needed to beat him to get another Negative Combo to beat some of these 'Shrooms

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards
I'm posting this because the dude just absolutely breaks the game and makes the Organization look like an absolute cakewalk.

[video=youtube;3M_lcWqm8HE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3M_lcWqm8HE[/video]

Roxie1563

Actress/Healer in Persona: Icebound
Awards
I'm posting this because the dude just absolutely breaks the game and makes the Organization look like an absolute cakewalk.

[video=youtube;3M_lcWqm8HE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3M_lcWqm8HE[/video]

Oh, I remember this! :D I have never seen anybody wipe out Data 13 like that and I'm barely making headway with Roxas..

Maybe that's the reason why I keep trying to copy his moves when I should make my own. :O

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
I'm actually surprised how most of these guys can play this while trying to read the Japanese text.

Roxie1563

Actress/Healer in Persona: Icebound
Awards
I'm actually surprised how most of these guys can play this while trying to read the Japanese text.

Eh, they probably played the original KHFM before. That, or they have great knowledge of the Japanese language and awesome memory at all of the skills of Data 13. :D

I'm going with the latter. :3 I mean, he's good at it while I'm trying too hard. xD

SephirothZ

Well, I finally got around to playing BBS and I must say I am enjoying this game much more than I thought. To the point where it is actually hurting my play style. For some reason I have enjoyed melding, getting new abilites, and playing on the command board that I already have all attack and magic commands for Terra and I am seriously over-leveled. However, so far I have enjoyed just throwing all these different crazy attacks and magics at enemies and just obliterating them.

I am worried that being this overpowered (mainly due to having the EXP Walker ability so early) may ruin this experience for me. Ill see how the rest of the story and gameplay goes with Terra before I decide how I will approach Aqua and Ven. I already have 23 hours with Terra and I think I am not even 50% through the story.

Enjoying BBS much more than I thought I would (or remember from the PSP version).

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
Finish BBS in proud mode (Didn't get all the secret stuff now because I was too lazy to get all the chest and stickers which I think is all I need) and it was fun but I guess coming from KH1 and 2, the disney world involvement felt rush and right when I was getting comfortable in a world, the story there was over. I know why they did that because of having 3 character have stories limit the overall gameplay but that was still a bummer for me.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
I´am not sure why, but somehow I have had a lot more fun with KH2FM, than BBSFM. Don`t get me wrong, I still loved BBSFM(the story is better than KH2 in most parts), and hearing Rage Awakened from my tv and playing the game with controller was a blast, but I still enjoyed KH2FM little more. Maybe it has something to with the fact, that I completed BBS not a long while ago, and I haven`t touched KH2 in 6 years. Also one my biggest dreams has been the acquiring of the FM version of KH2, so this was a dream come true. Cavern of Remambrance, puzzle pieces and Limit Form and etc... were so much fun! KH2 combat is more linear(if this even the correct term) than compared to BBBS or KH1, but I`m having a blast with it. So much fun in fact, that I even started a Critical LV1 run, and I have gotten to the last world.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
I've been enjoying Critical Mode quite a bit. It doesn't quite elevate it up with the greats but it's sure not broken any more and that feels nice. I just know I'm going to regret being in this mode by the time I get to the data battles, but if they're as impressive as I hear, I'll be just as satisfied in losing as I am in winning.

Part of me wants to hurry on to BBS but I'm going to do this right and try to clean out the corners. I'm only going to rush on short of 100% if Critical Mode clobbers me. And I may even play Days for the release order experience, so: sorry, BBS!

Last edited:

Master_Aqua

*plays BBS Final Mix on Critical Mode with Terra and gets defeated by the first worlds boss, the Wheel Master in Enchanted Dominion* 0_o

Me: Well damn, that didn't turn out as I had anticipated, challenge accepted.

A few moments of struggling later (*uses SpongeBob's French Narrator's voice*)

The conclusion/results: So after experiencing the battle and losing when the unversed boss gets enraged and charges at me for the final blow, I realized that Critical isn't as hard as people say. Whaaaat? Now you may be asking, "How, you kept on dying so......" However this isn't the case, for you see turns out that I completely forgot (you could say I didn't acknowledge that I has the button in the first place XD) that I had a BLOCK BUTTON OMG ������. Yep, all I had to do was block when it charged at me and problem solved, I won hehe.

Okay I'm not saying BBS Critical Mode is easy but I'm just saying I forgot all about that block button lol XD.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
*plays BBS Final Mix on Critical Mode with Terra and gets defeated by the first worlds boss, the Wheel Master in Enchanted Dominion* 0_o

Me: Well damn, that didn't turn out as I had anticipated, challenge accepted.

A few moments of struggling later (*uses SpongeBob's French Narrator's voice*)

The conclusion/results: So after experiencing the battle and losing when the unversed boss gets enraged and charges at me for the final blow, I realized that Critical isn't as hard as people say. Whaaaat? Now you may be asking, "How, you kept on dying so......" However this isn't the case, for you see turns out that I completely forgot (you could say I didn't acknowledge that I has the button in the first place XD) that I had a BLOCK BUTTON OMG ������. Yep, all I had to do was block when it charged at me and problem solved, I won hehe.

Okay I'm not saying BBS Critical Mode is easy but I'm just saying I forgot all about that block button lol XD.

I mention it before, a problem with this series is that it doesn't beat it over your head to use guard for every boss because most fights are just hack&slash and run to cure. So when you face a boss when guarding is absolutely necessary, there will be pain.

hlc1988

Awards
Still enjoying BBS Final Mix so far.

I've finally got the hang of the ice cream game... Got the command style that I need, but still need to unlock the last song. I'm still trying to get everything with Ventus even on Proud Mode but I'm now getting a little bored with it... I'm having trouble beating the Mirage Arena boss in Harsh Punishment. Ventus is level 45 presently. I must be quite rubbish.

Also, in FM, are there ice cream ingredients in Olympus Coliseum? I can't get them to appear for me to be able to collect them. Any advice?

Last edited:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Also, in FM, are there ice cream ingredients in Olympus Coliseum? I can't get them to appear for me to be able to collect them. Any advice?
When you enter the Thebes like area, they're in the back left corner.

hlc1988

Awards
When you enter the Thebes like area, they're in the back left corner.

Thanks! It took me many attempts to get them to appear after constantly leaving the area. Finally completed all the ice cream recipes for Ven. Now got to go back and do the same with Terra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back